Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › The Rage War Series

Forum

The Rage War Series

Register or login to post
KurRae
2016-03-02 22:38:38
Yautja
I just started reading the first book in this series, "Predator: Incursion". The other books in the series are: "Alien: Invasion" & "Alien VS Predator: Armageddon". All were written by Author Tim Lebbon. Book 2 comes out in April and Book 3 comes out in September. My question for you guys is; Is this series Canon? Also which books are considered Canon? One other thing, how the hell do you pronounce "Yautja"? As I'm reading this book, I keep saying it like "Yah-tah" or "Yah-t-jaw".
What we do in life, echoes for eternity - Maximus
concretehunter
2016-03-03 04:41:27
Yautja
Beaucase I misread it when i first saw the word I've always said it as Ya-too-jah. I'm pretty sure 90% of the books are cannon, all of the comics are cannon unless otherwise stated.
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

-Bloo-
2016-03-03 14:51:31
Xenomorph
According to Steve Perry (the author of a bunch of AVP books), Yautja is pronounced [yah-OOT-jah]; it was in one of AVP Galaxy's Ask Threads that he said this, so that's the pronunciation I think is most legit. But according to Xenopedia (with no citations to speak of, mind you), it's pronounced [e-WAT-ya]. I think they're both fine because they both make sense linguistically, but honestly, just call them Predators.

As far as canonicity is concerned, you gotta take into account which works belong to which universes. I don't think any of the novels/comics/games are canon to the film universe (and it could be vice-versa but don't quote me on that), but they're canon to the EU. And even in the EU, I'm not sure every novel/comic/game exists within a shared "comic timeline" or "novel universe" or whatever. A few years ago, I think there was a sort of reboot in the EU so I'm not even sure what's legitimate anymore.

As far as the games go, both Alien: Isolation and Aliens: Colonial Marines are canon to the film universe, but is there any relation between the FPS AVP games? Or between the arcade games? Do we need to know? Seriously, do we care if all the arcade games take place in the same universe as whatever books the Hish are in?

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

skull_ripper
2016-03-03 17:45:28
Yautja
I always pronounced it "Yacht-Jaw" basically, and by the time I learned how it was really pronounced, I thought the real way sounded dumber so I never took up the habit of using it. I really wish they'd retcon it to something that sounds decent or is at least pronounced how it's spelled.

But alas, sci-fi and fantasy are riddled with weird words and misplaced apostrophes.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Dronehive
2016-03-03 19:17:27
Xenomorph
I always pronounced it as Ya-two-ah.
KurRae
2016-03-03 20:53:03
Yautja
Thanks for the responses.

@ Bloo "Yautja is pronounced [yah-OOT-jah]" Sounds good enough to me.

@ concretehunter, @ skull_ripper, @ Dronehive - Thanks for your input.

As to the canon question; Book one is a Predator book, Book two is a Alien book, and Book three is a AVP book. So I was wondering if they had finally combined the three.
What we do in life, echoes for eternity - Maximus
Register or login to post

Alien Figure

Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners