x-M-x, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

Well Someone get a hold of pete, get talking via email/skype and give some of the mods here access to edit the front page.

focus a new layout design with new content about the movies/games

have a download section.

but first we need to get some dudes to have 'powers' to edit the site/index.

My 2 cents.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

Already emailed pete. We're thinking refocusing on community creation as well. (Still maintaining othet stuff)

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

I don't know anything about coding but I'd be happy to help design a new layout, especially if P's fine with it.

Not sure how credible this makes me but I did recently take a university course about website/organization design, so I'm at least coming from somewhere other than the inside of my ass.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

I gotta say, I don't understand your obsession with getting Peterson to do stuff when he's the same level of mod as Deathdrop who's already here.

I just figured he meant P because no one ever calls Peterson "Pete" but anyway...

But P comes from Praetorian. Is his name even Pete? P didn't promise any RPG.

Also

This site migrated to a new server. As a consequence the posts made in the last 24 hours were lost.
I apologise for the inconvenience.
Praetorian

Whoa, hadn't even noticed.

Anyway, how do I make an official application for being a mod? Do I write a rap about it?

Hey it's just two dudes from the Shadow Serpents hive
Getting ready to be mods and help the forum thrive -
Not really,
It silly, but we're good and willing
To keep it stable til we're able to make it pop through the ceiling.

Well, let me tell you a story about my first day here:
I made a shitty thread and Otang thought that it was queer;
It got immediately locked - my first internet scare -
And since then I HATE EVERY MODERATOR EVERYWHERE.

Just kidding - I've been a moderator before,
I've had my own clan, and not that I was keeping score,
But at the time, it was the most active clan around.
(Mostly because I took in any asshole that I found.)

Well, not every asshole, for example DarkLioness -
She couldn't spell, so I thought "It's not worth the stress!"
But enough about me, we all know I'm insane,
Let's talk about the guy who actually gives a dame!

He's been sub-leader and leader, xeno all throughout,
He likes to draw shit and to write shit and he doesn't pout,
I guess he's younger than me, but he's always been my better,
Because he doesn't follow rules to the letter.

So make him a mod and make me a mod, too,
It's not much better for the site, but it's better for you!
More mods means more people who can read your complaints
And, you know, other shit like that.

Yea, it's me and Bloo,
Yea, you know who!
Yea, it's Bloo and I,
Yea, you know why!
(this repeats as the song fades out)

@Bloo: About that dating and cheating thing, that's why Midian was closed. It was the center of all the drama.

I emailed pete bc he's the only email I have. Him and DD are the only living mods, and I dont have DD's email either. Plus, if DD wants to know he can see this thread.

Update: DH just emailed P instead of "Pete," we're all good. Let's hope P sees it soon.

@DW: Honestly that's one of the better applications I've ever seen for a mod position. It's at least a hundreds steps up above "CAN I BE A MOD" and I'm glad we're sharing it. Here's the one I was gonna submit:

"I'm not Jeb Bush."

Edit: Ah, that explains it. I remember leaving before it officially shut down. Sorry to bring that up.

Pete is peterson, guys :/

I'd imagine thats obvious

I plan on emailing everyone who's not entirely dead.

@Bloo don't worry about it, I wasn't involved.

Welp, both P's and FH's emails are dead.

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

Guys I'm migrating some sites to the new server.
The next weekend I'll have some time to check how thinga are going arround here.
Thank you all for keeping this community alive.

PS: my name is Pedro so P fits nicelly, but the P is for Praetorian :).

Thanks for the responce/update man! Really appreciate that.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

I think it's cool we're discussing this, I was kind of worried the site might die out there for a minute.

I'm a tad confused by what exactly is meant by updating and other such things being discussed, are we talking about updating this iteration of the site or making a new version of it elsewhere? I'm fine with either one, just curious which one was meant exactly. If it is the latter, I would recommend trying out Proboards as the forums are highly customizable(in both the visuals and layout) and free to make and very conducive to running Roleplaying communities.

Also, if peeps are throwing their hats in for possible modships, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I've been a mod on a Halo RPG for about three years(the community itself is 12+ years old), so I'm pretty accustomed to dealing with the kind of stuff the job type entails. I know I'm not as experienced as most of you on this site, or as a mod, but I love having the opportunity to make myself useful to the community.

@SR Yappa, right? P13 is on there as Crucible

Anyway, my view is that... the site is a bit old, and updating is nessisary. Its also very hard to navigate. I dont think we'd have to move anything, just work on the site a bit.

Also, under the idea of updating, is Bloo's vision for a clear section for fan-created works.

Any Moderator-ship will be dealt with by the mods i'm sure, or P. I think there are many people here who could fill that role, especially if the site sees alot of new traffic.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

Sorry for not posting in a while, I honestly haven't felt like I have much to say.

The layout is fine in my opinion. A reply function would be nice for clarity tho.

The site has the "Done to death" curse of having discussed everything before. Perhaps we should look into really formalizing our RPG system into something clean and functional, then advertise ourselves as the RPG community that we pretend we are. The issue is that our RPG's are very messy and hard to follow. This is something that needs to be addressed. A suggestion from me would be that we have headers at the start of every RPG post along the lines of

Health:
Mood:

This would make it easy for other characters to write about another character that they interact with, without having to read 4 pages of text. We've had issues in the past where one character would meet another and shake their hand (Or something to that effect). Only to find out that 4 pages back they LOST that arm in a fight.

Also our combat system is terrible as it's basically "who started the fight first" so maybe implementing a built in "Dice Roll" system for damage on different weapons would be nice. I doubt it would be too hard to develop.

By having a clear and concise RPG system we will be able to run them more frequently, with higher clarity and allow for better discussions, right now they're simple cooperative writing exercises.

As for the rest of the site I can't suggest much. Sorry for this poorly written post and my lack of activity over the past few weeks, University has been a big change of pace for me and I'm often very busy.

x-M-x, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

Nice to see the 'ball rolling'

Good lads!

Yeah, a more concrete (see what I did there) RP system and a section dedicated to user creations would be very good.
Though I dont agree on a number based system, honestly. We would want people to have multiple character options (as in, they can choose if they wanna RP a human, Xeno, or Predator per RP and have multiple character sheets)

I just think it can be cleaned/modernized heavily. There are so many links and such that... either are not visible enough, or shouldnt be there.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

Me and DD talked about merging all the Predator clans, I still think It's a good idea. Balatu is just an Oldboys clan and HM Isn't active.