Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Are xenomorphs canon in the "Predator" universe? Or am I thinking too hard about this?

Forum

Are xenomorphs canon in the "Predator" universe? Or am I thinking too hard about this?

Register or login to post
Crucifer
2016-01-29 14:49:47
Human
So as far as we know the "Alien vs. Predator" franchise and the "Predator" Franchise are two completely separate universes. How ever, the question I have is are xenomorphs canon in the "Predator" franchise?

As we all know, near the end of "Predator 2" we see on a wall of trophies containing alien creatures, including the xenomorph. Since a xenomorph skull is seen hanged on the trophy wall does that mean that xenomorphs officially exist in the "Predator" franchise? Or was that xenomorph head nothing more then a fun little Easter egg for horror sci-fi fans? I personally think its a possibility xenomorphs could be cannon in the Predator universe, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.
-Bloo-
2016-01-29 17:28:02
Xenomorph
The furthest you can take it is "Xenos exist in the Predator universe," but nothing from the comics and novels (like the stuff about Xeno-hunting rituals or how the Xenos are supposedly really important to their culture or mythology) is canon because they weren't shown in the Predator film universe yet. For all we know, Xenos are just another random thing that City Hunter's clan hunted down.

And yeah, try not to think too hard about it; it was just an Easter egg. I mean it's fun to speculate about this stuff but don't bust a vein thinking about it.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

DeathWraith
2016-01-29 18:28:37
Xenomorph
Even though Xenomorphs should be canon in the Predator universe based on that skull, they are obviously nowhere near as important as important as they are in the AvP universe. There is no indication that they are at the top of the list of preferred game for the preds and, to be honest, it would not make sense for it to be that way. I mean, I know that Xenomorphs are really scary to humans, but if you've ever played the AvP1 co-op thing on Stranded, where you get an open space and xenos coming from every side all the time, you'll know that they would not pose a threat to the preds. A Xenomorph is at its most dangerous when it is alone, and where a lone Xenomorph would pose a huge threat to a human population, it would not be all that threatening to as many as two preds. And neither would any large number of Xenos. They have the technology to blast them from afar and the Xenomorphs have the permanent disadvantage of a small population because they need victims in order to reproduce. So a scenario where a Yaut'ja ship is overrun by Xenomorphs is implausible because shoulder cannons. Most likely, in the Predator universe, the Xenos are just another species they encountered and hunted once and that effectively exterminated the Xenomorph population in the universe.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
-Bloo-
2016-01-29 20:39:51
Xenomorph
I never did like how intertwined the Aliens and Predators were in the comics. It's cool but it always seemed way too forced to me.

It's possible - and this is baseless speculation - that there ARE a few Yautja clans that do focus a lot on the Xenos, but nothing's been said about that in the Predator film universe.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

Deathdrop
2016-01-30 03:47:35
Yautja
You're thinking too hard about this.

... But so are the rest of us, so it's fine.
Register or login to post

Predator Games

dish network stockton kansas
Shipsmart Reviews
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners