Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Alien Isolation a Revival for fans?

Forum

Alien Isolation a Revival for fans?

Register or login to post
SpartanPredator
2015-11-05 03:15:07
Yautja
So I know this game came out kind of a little bit ago but I finally got around to purchasing it. I was a huge huge huge skeptic of this game at first.

I won't spoil anything for anyone who hasn't played it, but I will say get it, get it now. This game literally pumped me up so much I had to go back and watch the movie. They perfectly executed the fear, atmosphere, and every imaginable aspect from the movie.

So it kind of gave me hope. As we all know there have been a surplus of shitty Alien, Predator, AVP games that have been released. But man this topped it off for me. If they could have failed this many times at a game imagine the movies. Right now the franchise is on a slump but after playing the game I think we might be in for a surprise.

Just some things I noted about the game was the spot on references to the first film and the lay out of the ship. It was so creepy and offsetting that I was always tense...now we just need to get that feeling back in the movies! It also shed a new light on the alien, they made it so much more suspenseful and hidden. Also, the Alien was a monster again! Not some insect or "bug". Not to mention they did away with all the stuff the Alien versus Predator 2010 game had (seeing through walls and non stop sightings of the creature--though that was for the users experience).

I really appreciated this game and recommend it to all of you to give it a shot. Seriously it stunned me and brings a great identity back into the genre and Alien itself.
PredAlienWarrior
2015-11-05 18:10:49
Xenomorph
I agree they did do a great job with the atmosphere. My only complaint was all the damn androids. I felt like that took away from the Alien but then again that's probably why it was so terrifying, not to mention all the jump scares. I agree though! Very fun!
badapple24
2015-11-06 16:06:57
Xenomorph
I always got a sort of helpless feeling, knowing I can't run and I could only hide for so long you know? It's always scarry doing that.

I'm very particular in my words~Pagan min

Veteran Runner Of the Shadow Serpents
DeathWraith
2015-11-07 00:25:22
Xenomorph
The Alien's fingers are wrong and it looks ridiculous running around on 2 legs so I refuse to play it.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
PredAlienWarrior
2015-11-07 04:39:45
Xenomorph
i know where you are coming from but in all seriousness that wont bother you one bit because there is so much going on story wise and this is coming from a huge skeptic of the game
rjth1997
2015-11-09 01:59:52
Human
Hell to the fucking yeah, I would like to see them put in some colonial marines. But like Halo style so you can fight real enemies and droids as well as aliens
Red Bull gives you hemorrhoids
badapple24
2015-11-09 03:17:39
Xenomorph
you are missing the point

you CANT fight the alien because it's a lot more terrifying if you can't kill what you're fighting against right? Any good horror films are like that. Colonial marines are what practically destroyed the franchise and they were trying to rectify their mistake, and they did a damn fine job of it.

rjth1997
2015-11-10 04:42:02
Human
True, true I just mean like in the movie Aliens. Yeah you can kill them but it is hard as fuck to do so
Kaajin
2015-11-10 05:37:09
Yautja
That would be cool, or if you used a lot of weaponry on the Alien to ward it off or whatever, that there would be an end cutscene where the Xenomorph succumbs to all of it's wounds and dies. But that's up for a ton of debate, just a personal opinion of mine. Had an idea for sort of a Predator version of this game in the jungle (Huge Predator fan, lol) where you were sort of in the same scenario where you're squad is being picked off one by one, and there are other enemy soldiers in the jungle, aaand you can drop your gun and the Predator won't attak you at all, but you would need to grab another to progress, taking your chance at getting past the Predator or not. Basically with the same mechanics, only you use your gun much more on other humans and maybe some Tracker animals or something. Just thought it would be cool (Cuz I want my Predator games dammit!) But back onto Alien! If they made a sequel somehow, I would love for them to somehow bring a Queen and hive into the mix, at least for a bit until they went into a more Isolated place to incorporate the One versus One, Xeno versus human type thing again.
rjth1997
2015-11-10 18:34:38
Human
Oh man I think you need to make that a topic, "Predator Video Game?" there are a bunch of routes you can go with that. Like concrete jungle where you are the predator or first person AVP 2010. Maybe even have two campaigns Predator and Humans!!!
-Bloo-
2015-11-15 20:10:50
Xenomorph
I still haven't played it even though it's been a year. How was the portion of the game where you get to relive the first movie?

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

badapple24
2015-11-17 20:34:28
Xenomorph
As in the DLC? It's honestly shockingly fun, I enjoyed it. Personally I found the atmosphere perfect and the original actors made it all the better

Register or login to post

Lv426

Dish Network Oregon
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners