Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Are Xenos Evil?

Forum

Are Xenos Evil?

Register or login to post
DeathWraith
2015-07-02 19:42:57
Xenomorph
Well they don't purposefully think it, they do it instinctively. Stop hitting yourself.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
Specimen-2197
2016-02-08 16:56:46
Xenomorph
This is an interesting discussion, so I think I'll add my two cents worth. Nothing that (likely) hasn't been said before, more eloquently. I believe that the Xenos are so foreign, and so 'Alien', that people prescribe them motive where none may exist. A person sees from their own perspective, and filters things through the lens of their own morality. Can we truly understand a Xeno's world view? I think it would be more of a "survival is key" sort of viewpoint. Do we question our actions when we propagate our species, or eat other (possibly) sentient beings? Then why should they do so. Just my view.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle
DeathWraith
2016-02-08 20:34:16
Xenomorph
Yes, we absolutely do question our actions when we propagate our species. As you know, we have condoms. And we do questions our actions when we eat other sentient beings. As you know, we have vegetarianism. We also have animal cruelty laws and the limit on the number of children allowed per family in China. Of course, it took us tens of thousands of years to come up with stuff like this and we're still not great at enforcing them because it takes us a couple of decades after birth to properly understand why they are actually important. How could we even hope to know what the Xenomorph understands of the world moments after growing from a larva that burst out of a chest where it was forcibly placed through strangulation? We don't even know where they came from, or if they are natural or engineered. Say the black goo was made by the Space Jockeys, we still don't know for what purpose. It seems to know how to breed, grow and kill. We have no idea if it does this defensively, offensively, or because it has a programming that explains the world to it in such terms that this is what it understands should happen.

READ THE RULES

Specimen-2197
2016-02-09 14:12:05
Xenomorph
Well put! I see it as sort of "because we don't know, we can't understand." I may be wrong, but at least it's food for thought.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle
Dronehive
2016-02-10 13:13:38
Xenomorph
Is a baby evil for killing its parents (If it was capable)? The xenomorph has no concept of morals or consequences, it is a creature of pure want, need, and get.
Domini
2017-06-23 19:41:09
If a queen tells a xeno to impale itself it will a xeno won't question a queen if a queen is absouloutly "kill everything even if its both not a threat and not a sutible host" so on the opposite side we have a queen whose ratinol "capture a human and attempt to find a way to communicate and set up a prey trade" now obviously this would be unrealistic but you get my point. (My honest opinion,this could happen)
DeathWraith
2017-06-24 05:32:54
Xenomorph
Actually you can see the Drones questioning the Queen in AvP. But now that Covenant has revealed how the Xenomorphs were made in the first place, it turns out the Queen and the Drones would be two different species, which opens up a lot of other possibilities.

READ THE RULES

Hunter_Predator
2017-06-27 19:49:49
Yautja
Well a potential kink in the theory of it being too young to understand the world around it is it's lifespan. Obviously in a few instances of it's comprehensibility are showcased with how fast of a learner it really is, and we're still not fully sure how much knowledge is transferred from the Egg, to Facehugger, to Xeno, are their experiences and thoughts descended to the next state like a Caterpillar to a Butterfly? That gives it a lot more time to think. Also, we don't even know the Xenomorph lifespan, as we really have yet to see a Xenomorph older than, what? A few days? Maybe a few weeks at most? (been a while since I've seen Aliens, but I did just watch Alien) There is still speculation on whether the Drone in Alien 1 was simply needing some sleep or if it was nearing the end of it's lifespan already due to it's obvious sluggish and lethargic motions post being woken up.

If Xenos really have such a tiny lifespan, once again comparative to insects, then how mature does it grow in that short time? By the time it molts from Burster to full Xeno could be the equivalent of a Human growing from infant to full grown and full intelligence after a couple decades, so it's possible by that standpoint it's mind has already developed and become conscious enough to that of an adult, and could potentially better comprehend the world around it.

Honestly in my opinion, the way I see it, Yautja aren't inherently evil due to their seemingly total disregard to human life, no, we as humans are fully aware of the innocence and purity of a Deer, but we hunt them for sport anyway, same with Yautja, they know we are able beings, but that's in where the challenge lies, a rival species that they can overtake and enjoy the idea of hunting something with our level of sentience. They too, remember, are Alien lifeforms, and that being said their thought process is almost impossible to assume towards, much like how Western Civilizations are appalled by Eastern Practices and the Eastern hemisphere views Western life as barbaric, we Humans don't even understand each other, all it takes is a "different culture" to explain, now we're talking about a different species, with entirely different brain functions all together. They may not even consider the idea of a difference between good and evil, but be focused on Practical/Impractical, but with a knowledge of respect and morality, despite the fact that we've seen Yautja get a little flustered before. So Yautja are not evil, just different.

In the same sense we can't really judge Xenomorphs on good or evil either, however, we might not fully know the extent of a Predator's violation on it's Prey, but we do know that Xenomorphs have an emphasis on everything we hold taboo, preying on lesser creatures, nothing held back, eating them alive, raping their victims violently, and literally they are the embodiment of zero morality. The definition of "Evil" is "Profoundly Immoral and Malevolent" or, the opposite of Moral, hence the Xenomorph, hence Evil... BUT only by OUR standards.

~"No One Will Ever Change This Animal I Have Become"~
Register or login to post

Predator Movies

Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners