-Bloo-, Yautja, 7 years ago

Life is awful but I love street tacos

Edit: Kung Fu Panda is so good.

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 7 years ago

I can't figure out how to complete my tattoo... it's Predator themed, a Tribal band with the face and some symbols on either side, dunno if I want the netting in the background and the numeric symbols added or not :'(

skull_ripper, Yautja, 7 years ago

I don't know about the netting, but the numeric symbols sound beast to me. I'm about to get a tattoo myself, if you don't mind my asking what was it like when you got yours?

Well I already have the more tribal looking symbols from like AvP-R going around it and the numerics almost all look too much alike or are just a couple dashes in the corner, it would look weird, but since it's all solid black tribal I thought maybe a faint grey netting backing it. I have not yet started the tattoo, I'm drawing it up myself.

But it won't be my first tattoo, I've gotten them before, and all I can really say is honestly, everyone is different. My girlfriend has 4 tattoos, 6 piercings, and two children and is a far tougher person than I, but even she was crying and gripping her chair during her 5th (cover up of 1st), however I myself for my very first tattoo it's a large piece that took 2 separate 6 hour sessions and honestly it didn't really hurt at all. I was 100% fine the whole time. It was more like a scratching irritation than anything, and almost felt like a massage in some places. but everyone is different and in no way should you feel ashamed of any reaction. Some people pass out, and NOT from the pain, just because their body gets a little shock by the fact that something is happening to it that they don't understand, it's normal, what hurt for me was when he kept going back over the dark lines near my armpit at the top of the half-sleeve in the soft skin, it started to feel more like cutting but all I did was cringe a little.

Some people like the shading, hate line work, I loved the line work and really hated the shading. Everyone is different. It's an alien substance entering your body through repeated irritation, your body might react strangely, or you may look at it and go "hmph... not so bad, feels like you're just rubbing my arm" who knows. And of course it also depends on where on your body you get it. My girlfriend, 45 mins of crying and gripping, for me? 12 hours total of chit-chatting with my artist and texting friends. Honestly the way I looked at it going in was not with a "Yo I got dis, I'm tough a'f" attitude, no, nor did I go in short of breath and shaking in fear, nah, don't do that. I went in with realism and acceptance. Make sure you eat healthy before getting it, I recommend like Subway and a Powerade, not soda and chips and certainly not on an empty stomach, I don't know your life so I am not here to judge but no alcohol 24 hrs prior or drugs. Eat something healthy and go in with acceptance, I literally told my artist and thought to myself "Well, I think I have a good tolerance on pain, BUT, I realize I have never had one of these and truly do not know what it is like, I may take it like a champ, I may cry like a b!tch, who knows? We'll see when the time comes, all I know is I want tattoos, I love this design, and I'm ready to get it, so let's go."

It was weird at first, my artist told me bleeding, crying, shaking, passing out, all of that is normal and it would be okay if I did that and not to feel ashamed at all, luckily I was fine. but of course, after the tattoo, I felt good, sure it was sore for a week or two from healing (And because it's a rather big first piece) but after that, just think of the result, you won't even remember any pain, the art will (hopefully lol) look amazing, and you'll be one step closer to being who you want to be (if tatted is your thing) it's all in the idea and principle.

So in short, if you know it's what you want and you want the tattoo, don't be afraid, and don't feel embarrassed if you don't take it very well, it's all good, just muscle through and you will be fine in the end, even the screamers leave the parlour with a smile. And just remember, if some people out there can get their eyeballs, feet, and even their @sshole tattoo'd, you can get a little somethin' on your arm.

I don't know about tattoos but one time I tried contact lenses and I felt like crying

Edit: I wasn't even like 7 or whatever, I tried them when I was 15. I'll bungee jump and ride the Batman at Six Flags but I won't wear contacts.

Edit: KUNG FU PANDA IS SO GOOD

Edit: The third one is pretty OK compared to the first two, though. That final battle was disappointing after seeing Oogway's calligraphy blasts at the beginning. And the villain was so shallow compared to Tai Lung and especially Shen...

How long we go here between posts is depressing me :'(

DeathWraith, Yautja, 7 years ago

Well you know what they say, "go long, or go hung," and I'm just waiting for my dick to grow.

Yeah, how's that workin' out for ya?

P.S. Rhetorical

It's going great.

PS: I reject your rhetoric.

This Post has an ironic lack of response.

badapple24, Yautja, 7 years ago

It's goin well thanks.......

Edit: I know what rhetorical means just so everyone's clear, this post has an apparent amount of sarcasm

tawganator, Yautja, 7 years ago

tawganator just won lol.

I had a good birthday.

Well happy belated b-day. Age?

It's rude to ask a cute girl's age unless you're in Korea, BRO.

@Bloo: Jesus Christ I hope your birthday isn't also on the 3rd.

tawganator, Yautja, 7 years ago

Here's your present.

https://youtu.be/RLuyHWP_wnM

@Bloo: Happy belated birthday, if you happen to get a dildo factory in the mail it's from me.

@Hunter_Predator: I like to think I'm physically resilient, but according to my eldest sister my older brother cried like a "little bitch and it was hilarious" when he got his first tattoo. But he got it across the top of the foot which is supposed to be painful since it is such a bony area.

I think for being my first tattoo it's fairly large, it's going to run from where my shoulder meets my neck to where my upper arm meets the elbow and it will creep onto my back and chest somewhat. It's thick line/stripes though so it should all be a dark sharp lined black.

I think the numeric symbols from the original film might clash with the more tribal looking symbols, so the netting would probably look better. When you first mentioned the netting as a possibility, my first thought was like a black netting, but I like the idea of it being the gray like you described.

@Skull_ripper,
Yeah the top of the foot is a red flag lol, and so you're pretty much going for a half-sleeve that creeps onto your torso, which is cool, I like it, and yeah, that is huge lol, mine didn't creep onto the torso but it does cover my upper arm. Mine took two 6 hour sessions, however, my artist admits that he works very slowly because he likes to pay very close attention to detail, and that's why he doesn't charge by the hour, whereas my girlfriend has one almost the exact same size that her artist already had all of the lines done previously but coloured it in completely in 30 mins, and it looks beautiful. So as far as how long it takes depends on the artist, my tattoo just has a lot of texturing to it. But Artists know how to work around how you take it, he may do it in 3-4 good-size sessions or like 6 small ones, if you don't take it very well he can work with you on it.

As far as mine goes, that's what I was thinking, the tribal look of the Symbols and the head are very flowing and sharp so if I throw in those very digital looking numerics it will throw off the flow, so I'm pretty sure I won't do them, and instead of having the solid netting connecting the pieces I can just move them all closer and do that faded netting as a backing just so it doesn't look empty behind the solids. But I can always just do the solids first and see how it looks and decide if I want the artist to add the netting in the back after, he's a cool guy and works with his customers well. Originally there was going to be a slight amount of colour in the three red dots and the Pred's Eyes but that breaks the solid blackness that is Tribal so the dots will be black and the eyes empty, I may finish drawing it today and see if I can't post a picture up here but the problem with Tattoos is they are addictive lol, pierced my ears and I'm good with that, I don't want anymore piercings, but tattoos? lol I already knew I want a lot of them on my arms (Probably nowhere else except maybe on my chest or upper back... maybe) but it's like, you get one and you itch until you get another haha.

@Hunter_Predator: I'm pretty curious about tattoos from the perspective of being an amateur artist, so this is basically my test run since it's the only one I know I want for sure thus far. The tattoo artist I'll be going with is a friend and he's a really cool dude so it will probably be a pretty nice experience(he's good friends with my brother and his girlfriend is like a sister to me). As far as I can tell and from what I've seen and heard, he's the best tattoo artist in the state so I think I'll definitely be satisfied with the results.

I can see not wanting to add the color to yours though, it sounds pretty freaking badass as it is and if it was me breaking with the preestablished theme would be a nerve wracking prospect. I really love the idea of the faded netting though, it just sounds really cool and when I visualize it in my mind I just cant help but like it. I've heard that about tattoos, most of the people I know who had one or two smaller ones ended up having gotten several more, or are just a ton already. I feel like with me I'll either be like "one and done" or I'll end up being covered in tattoos. I'm really liking the design you're describing, so if you do get the chance to post up a pic that'd be awesome. :D