-Bloo-, Yautja, 8 years ago

@SR: You know, after having looked into Halo 5, I actually like what I'm seeing. I understand what people mean when they say "It's turning into Call of Duty!!" but I think Halo 4 is the kind of game Call of Duty would be if Call of Duty was actually good and not broken as shit. Halo 4 still felt like a Halo title to me and I honestly think Halo 5 looks like a game only Halo could be. After having just replayed Halo CE Anniversary's campaign (it's such a bitch to finish on Legendary - seriously, fuck Jackals) for the first time in years, I'm super fucking glad Halo's gameplay has changed to what it is now. It was still fun, don't get me wrong, and Halo 3 matchmaking will always be the best, but Halo 4 was a great game and I'm excited for Halo 5.

I looooove the idea of Spartan abilities. They'd be especially nice if you could play as an Elite. The only thing that made me feel like a superhuman in Combat Evolved was the fact that I could flip a car and jump kinda high. And... you can take out a Hunter with one shot of the pistol, but you can probably do that as a normal marine. You can't smash through a goddamn concrete wall as a normal marine, though, and I liked seeing that. I've also always wanted to furiously Iron Man the ground, so I'm fine with that.

It's definitely not the same anymore, though. The music is good but bordering on generic. The sound effects are completely generic - at least, a majority of the UNSC guns are forgettable and the sword isn't cool to hold anymore. The art style at its core is still very Halo but the overlaying aesthetic is way too goddamn close to Brown Is Real and it's making me worry. The one thing I appreciated a lot was Cortana's new face. It's nice. I like looking at it. Much better than her Halo 3 face.

I just like how fast-paced Halo 4 is and how much faster Halo 5 seems. When I find myself wishing that Halo 4 felt more like Halo 3, I just eat my own ass and remember that absolutely goddamn fucking nothing is stopping me from playing Halo 3 again. Especially since it just got rereleased with Halo 1 and 2.

I know I'm boiling it down to "Don't like it? Don't play it! lol!" and it probably seems like I'm dismissing your opinion, but you should know that part of me still agrees with you. I think it would absolutely be possible to continue Halo without doing all the shit 343 did and I would have loved to see Bungie improve upon Reach's gameplay in their own future Halo games (because Reach was really great), but I'm fine with it. I'm excited about Halo 5.

If it turns out to be the worst game I've ever played, I'm gonna come back and send you a picture of me eating my own dick.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 8 years ago

Bloo, just play something else that is known to be bad so you don't have to do that.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 8 years ago

I'm not opposed to giving Halo 5 a try but I've pretty much moved to PC gaming thanks to Steam and my need to renew my LIVE subscription before someone gets my old gamertag. I haven't really paid much attention to game news besides TES stuff, my focus has been elsewhere.

Do you include Fallout 4 in TES stuff?

skull_ripper, Yautja, 8 years ago

@Bloo: No, I know. I own Halo 4 and really loved it. I mean, it felt like Halo 2 gameplay-wise, the controls felt the same. I loved tearing up all that shit, and the Mammoth was the first time a vehicle in a game has impressed me in years.

The deal is, I co-oped that shit with my older brother, because I could. I have Dial-up, so no Xbox Live or anything for me, hell I don't even have a cellphone because no reception, no point. Pushing nineteen years now in fact, how long this has been the case for me.

With aaalllllllllllll the Halo games before Halo 5, I have been able to co-op offline on the couch at home with my brother. Now I cant. Even if I bought an Xbox One, I still couldn't play it with him.

So what's the point for me? Sure, I love all the lore we're getting, it made me look like king of the universe when my theory about the Jiralhanae(Brutes) turned out to be true. I'm stuck on the sidelines now though, exiled from my favorite Sci-Fi franchise by 343i, so I feel fucked over by them to be honest.

I'm still going to watch all the cutscenes on YouTube, search for all the tasty little lore bits for the Halo RPG I help run, but I wont get to participate like I always have before. I mean, it is the return of the Arbiter! I love that four jawed SOB(five if you count the skull as the upper jaw), and Buck is Mal Reynolds, how could I not love him too?

Just... they kicked me out man, I don't even have a choice this time.

If you haven't already, you should watch the Halo Wars 2 Trailer, it is pretty fucking sick. Plus, it will be available on the PC, Windows 10 compatible. Brutes finally getting some recognition like they deserve.

@DL: Me too, Steam is a boon to me. So far, I have Fallout 3, Skyrim with all the DLCs and a shit ton of mods, Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, and the first Dawn of War game and I think all but one of its DLCs. PC MASTER RACE!

My computer is ridiculously full at this point, even when I cleared out aaaaaall the shit I don't really need. Only like... 10 GB free .... >_>

I'm terrible XD

^I am in desperate need of some mods, namely one that allows me to adopt more than one kid. That would be nice and there's supposed to be one that gives you a human form of Alduin as a follower. Or maybe I should get one of those re-texture mods just to make things more vibrant.

@DeathWraith

Haven't played Fallout yet but TES is the abbreviation for The Elder Scrolls.

badapple24, Yautja, 8 years ago

Anyone have Neverwinter on Steam? It's a Free to play MMORPG it's play to win and a great game in general, fully voice acted and stuff. If you wanna play you should add me on steam

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Stormfrontt123/

@DL lmao no it stands for Tropospheric Emission Spectrometer

Anyway Fallout 3 and New Vegas are games developed by Bethesda, who also make the Elder Scrolls series, and they are made in the same style, on the same engine. It's basically the same thing, but with a science-fiction setting instead of a fairy-tale setting.

@BA

Nah never played it, I'll check it out when I can get online on my laptop.

@DW

Hmmm well I'm sold on the idea of playing Fallout now since I'm a huge fan of Skyrim.

On the topic of Steam has SMITE be officially released yet? It's something of an RPG where the gods of old are at war, you can play as Anubis, Bastet, Hel, Kali, Ares and a ton of other gods. The release might stalled since some group know for being whiny little cunts is complaining because some of the goddesses have revealing armor, never mind the fact that plenty of deities have been featured full frontal. So we'll be lucky if we can play the damn game at this point.

fallout > elder scrolls

Now everyone fight.

brotherhood of steel > 2 > 1 > 3
morrowind > oblivion > skyrim
other m > metroid prime

@SR: That's completely understandable. I know what it's like to have really shitty internet - so unusable that online gaming (or even downloading 3 mb songs) is out of the question.

peach > toadstool
moe > space dandy

I'll just be a spectator in this epic battle

-__-

Fallout >Skyrim because Dragons

"moe > space dandy"

I haven't even seen Space Dandy yet. It looks like Cowboy Bebop-lite with nicer asses, but that's not a fair assessment 'cause the same dude directed both of them, so... maybe it's actually good.

@DL: You like Fallout more because it doesn't have dragons?

I haven't seen Space Dandy either, I just like Tyrone more than Rog.

krio, Yautja, 8 years ago

"Krio, are you going to talk about anything that anyone cares about, or just fish for compliments?"
Offensive, much. I guess I'll leave if I'm not wanted. You could just say "We don't actually want to talk to you." at least your honest.

You know, I'll just go.

Congratulations, you are now the most insecure person I've ever talked to. What do you want me to do, hold your hand and say "yes, krio, yes I do want to talk to you, let me go ahead and start a whole new conversation free of any offensive content especially for you since you're not planning on starting one on your own or participating in whatever's already going on"? If you're gonna talk about something, just fucking talk, don't expect people to be glad that you're here once a week to complain about how no one likes you or whatever depressing fantasy you live in. I'm not your mom, I'm not gonna be nice to you just because you're overly sensitive. If you get offended this easily then you'd better hope you're not white, straight and cis, or you're never gonna find your place in the wonderful world of the internet.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 8 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOO! Here's to another year of your dick jokes, you saucy dog, you!

Bloo's birthday is September 3rd?