Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › OFF-TOPIC THREAD 17: DINOSAURS ARE THE SHIT

Forum

OFF-TOPIC THREAD 17: DINOSAURS ARE THE SHIT

Register or login to post
DeathWraith
2015-08-24 12:44:48
Xenomorph
The only places I've liked so far in the Elder Scrolls games have been all of Skyrim and the Imperial City. Everything else is just boringly coloured boring boredom.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
DarkLioness
2015-08-25 05:50:12
Xenomorph
I've only played Skyrim but I'm willing to give Oblivion a run. Just to test out the differences between the two games.

@skull-ripper

I need to go digging for the link again, but I'm sure it's connected to a legitimate gaming site and not a game blog that thinks it's a legitimate gaming website. But the exploration of the Orc homeland would make for some great gameplay, it very well could happen since their home is wedged next to Hammerfell. It's still difficult to pinpoint exactly where Elder Scrolls 6 will take place but so far so good everyone is saying now that it's a tie between Argonia/Black Marsh and Hammerfell since Bethseda still owns the trademark for Redguard and Hammerfell. Though the primary rumors are that the next game takes place in Black Marsh, there MIGHT be dragons, something may or may not involve an Aldmeri Dominion plot line but I have no idea what angle of if its a possibility and there's a chance that another gaming company could make a Skyrim 2 but it's not cannon to the main Elder Scrolls franchise. I'm just eager for a new game because I've played Skyrim several times over, joined every faction except the Imperial Legion, I barreled through the Dawnguard questline(both as a member of the Dawnguard and Castle Volkihar) and cussed my way through the Dragonborn DLC because of all the glitches. It's still fun but I'm ready for something new and more challenging, fingers crossed that the next game packs a bigger punch than Skyrim and not for the sake of sales. Last but not least I hope the DLC's are a little better than the currant ones.

Heathen heart, rebel mind and a twisted soul.
skull_ripper
2015-08-25 08:00:48
Yautja
@DW: Yeah, that's pretty true. I think it is mostly due to recycling textures and generic tunnels/paths/buildings too much. I mean, why does every stable look exactly the same? Why are those houses made out of oak when all the trees are elms? Too much generic model reuse.

@DL: I'd love to get to explore Black Marsh, I love the Argonians since they're so damn tough and have kicked so much ass over the course of Elder Scrolls history. The main problem I see with it though, is they'd have to retcon how horribly dangerous it is for non-Argonians. It is of course very dangerous for Argonians too, but they make it sound like every other race that tries to enter Black Marsh dies from diseases right off the bat.

I'd like to hope if they do this, they make it more like Oblivion. The plot in Oblivion makes you feel so much more important than Skyrim does in my opinion, even though you are simply a normal person instead of the Dragonborn. The stakes for the two games are the same; save the world, but Oblivion's campaign goes on far longer and allows you to influence the outcome far, far more. And by the time it is said and done, you feel like a veteran of a great War once you've come out victorious.

And the DLCs were great, you got to become a Lord in one of them, with your own castle even! It was badass, if they could blend Skyrim and Oblivion together smoothly, that game would be one hell of a ride ;D

¯_(ツ)_/¯
DarkLioness
2015-08-26 00:54:52
Xenomorph
I completely forgot about the disease thing but I remember reading a random book in Skyrim that mentions flesh eating flies, rats that devoure swamp Leviathans, Naga bandits, a transit system that involves being swallowed by worms, rising black muck tides and the possibility of there being dragons in the next installment if it indeed does take place in Black Marsh. It certainly means that rings, helmets, hats and potions of Waterbreath will abound along with plenty of disease potions and enchantments. I have a feeling this game, if it goes the way I think it's going to go, is going to be both immensely entertaining but very difficult. Might be the hardest Elder Scrolls game yet. I hope they have more clothing and armor options in this game, for heavy armor I loved Dragonbone armor and weapons and for light armor I loved the Nightengale armor and Forsworn armor. I prefer my one handed weapons enchanted and my two handed weapons un-enchanted, but above all I keep all my weapons laced with poison.

Word of advice for you folks that like the Alchemy skill, mix Jarrin Root with Deathbell and Nightshade and you'll have the most powerful poison in the game. As a bonus if you're a good pickpocket just slip the poison in someone's pocket and instant death.

-Bloo-
2015-08-26 07:32:36
Xenomorph
@SR: You know, after having looked into Halo 5, I actually like what I'm seeing. I understand what people mean when they say "It's turning into Call of Duty!!" but I think Halo 4 is the kind of game Call of Duty would be if Call of Duty was actually good and not broken as shit. Halo 4 still felt like a Halo title to me and I honestly think Halo 5 looks like a game only Halo could be. After having just replayed Halo CE Anniversary's campaign (it's such a bitch to finish on Legendary - seriously, fuck Jackals) for the first time in years, I'm super fucking glad Halo's gameplay has changed to what it is now. It was still fun, don't get me wrong, and Halo 3 matchmaking will always be the best, but Halo 4 was a great game and I'm excited for Halo 5.

I looooove the idea of Spartan abilities. They'd be especially nice if you could play as an Elite. The only thing that made me feel like a superhuman in Combat Evolved was the fact that I could flip a car and jump kinda high. And... you can take out a Hunter with one shot of the pistol, but you can probably do that as a normal marine. You can't smash through a goddamn concrete wall as a normal marine, though, and I liked seeing that. I've also always wanted to furiously Iron Man the ground, so I'm fine with that.

It's definitely not the same anymore, though. The music is good but bordering on generic. The sound effects are completely generic - at least, a majority of the UNSC guns are forgettable and the sword isn't cool to hold anymore. The art style at its core is still very Halo but the overlaying aesthetic is way too goddamn close to Brown Is Real and it's making me worry. The one thing I appreciated a lot was Cortana's new face. It's nice. I like looking at it. Much better than her Halo 3 face.

I just like how fast-paced Halo 4 is and how much faster Halo 5 seems. When I find myself wishing that Halo 4 felt more like Halo 3, I just eat my own ass and remember that absolutely goddamn fucking nothing is stopping me from playing Halo 3 again. Especially since it just got rereleased with Halo 1 and 2.

I know I'm boiling it down to "Don't like it? Don't play it! lol!" and it probably seems like I'm dismissing your opinion, but you should know that part of me still agrees with you. I think it would absolutely be possible to continue Halo without doing all the shit 343 did and I would have loved to see Bungie improve upon Reach's gameplay in their own future Halo games (because Reach was really great), but I'm fine with it. I'm excited about Halo 5.

If it turns out to be the worst game I've ever played, I'm gonna come back and send you a picture of me eating my own dick.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

DeathWraith
2015-08-26 08:13:54
Xenomorph
Bloo, just play something else that is known to be bad so you don't have to do that.

READ THE RULES

DarkLioness
2015-08-27 06:03:45
Xenomorph
I'm not opposed to giving Halo 5 a try but I've pretty much moved to PC gaming thanks to Steam and my need to renew my LIVE subscription before someone gets my old gamertag. I haven't really paid much attention to game news besides TES stuff, my focus has been elsewhere.

DeathWraith
2015-08-27 09:04:16
Xenomorph
Do you include Fallout 4 in TES stuff?

READ THE RULES

skull_ripper
2015-08-28 04:47:19
Yautja
@Bloo: No, I know. I own Halo 4 and really loved it. I mean, it felt like Halo 2 gameplay-wise, the controls felt the same. I loved tearing up all that shit, and the Mammoth was the first time a vehicle in a game has impressed me in years.

The deal is, I co-oped that shit with my older brother, because I could. I have Dial-up, so no Xbox Live or anything for me, hell I don't even have a cellphone because no reception, no point. Pushing nineteen years now in fact, how long this has been the case for me.

With aaalllllllllllll the Halo games before Halo 5, I have been able to co-op offline on the couch at home with my brother. Now I cant. Even if I bought an Xbox One, I still couldn't play it with him.

So what's the point for me? Sure, I love all the lore we're getting, it made me look like king of the universe when my theory about the Jiralhanae(Brutes) turned out to be true. I'm stuck on the sidelines now though, exiled from my favorite Sci-Fi franchise by 343i, so I feel fucked over by them to be honest.

I'm still going to watch all the cutscenes on YouTube, search for all the tasty little lore bits for the Halo RPG I help run, but I wont get to participate like I always have before. I mean, it is the return of the Arbiter! I love that four jawed SOB(five if you count the skull as the upper jaw), and Buck is Mal Reynolds, how could I not love him too?

Just... they kicked me out man, I don't even have a choice this time.

If you haven't already, you should watch the Halo Wars 2 Trailer, it is pretty fucking sick. Plus, it will be available on the PC, Windows 10 compatible. Brutes finally getting some recognition like they deserve.

@DL: Me too, Steam is a boon to me. So far, I have Fallout 3, Skyrim with all the DLCs and a shit ton of mods, Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, and the first Dawn of War game and I think all but one of its DLCs. PC MASTER RACE!

My computer is ridiculously full at this point, even when I cleared out aaaaaall the shit I don't really need. Only like... 10 GB free .... >_>

I'm terrible XD

¯_(ツ)_/¯
DarkLioness
2015-08-28 19:36:40
Xenomorph
^I am in desperate need of some mods, namely one that allows me to adopt more than one kid. That would be nice and there's supposed to be one that gives you a human form of Alduin as a follower. Or maybe I should get one of those re-texture mods just to make things more vibrant.

@DeathWraith

Haven't played Fallout yet but TES is the abbreviation for The Elder Scrolls.

badapple24
2015-08-29 03:57:08
Xenomorph
Anyone have Neverwinter on Steam? It's a Free to play MMORPG it's play to win and a great game in general, fully voice acted and stuff. If you wanna play you should add me on steam

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Stormfrontt123/

I'm very particular in my words~Pagan min

Veteran Runner Of the Shadow Serpents
DeathWraith
2015-08-29 22:35:31
Xenomorph
@DL lmao no it stands for Tropospheric Emission Spectrometer

Anyway Fallout 3 and New Vegas are games developed by Bethesda, who also make the Elder Scrolls series, and they are made in the same style, on the same engine. It's basically the same thing, but with a science-fiction setting instead of a fairy-tale setting.

READ THE RULES

Register or login to post

Alien Vs Predator Comics

Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners