Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 - Thoughts?

Forum

Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 - Thoughts?

Register or login to post
daveberg
2015-03-08 19:50:54
Xenomorph
Seeing as it's greenlit now, with Sigourney officially back as Ripley, Michael Biehn more than happy to jump on board and a petition to get Lance Henrikson back as Bishop - Alien 5 is fast taking shape, with pre-production starting as early as next week.

As this film is a direct sequel to Cameron's 1986 'Aliens' what are you guys expecting to see? Interested to see where Blomkamp is going to take this.......

Formerly interested
Deathdrop
2015-03-08 23:42:31
Yautja
I'm cautiously optimistic. The concept art looked interesting as hell, and ignoring the latter two Alien sequels is probably for the best. Although splitting the timelines is gonna make sorting out the canon even more of a pain in the ass...

I have to admit I'm not as big a fan of Bloomkamp as a lot of people-I thought District 9 was interesting until the halfway point, and I was thoroughly disappointed by Elysium. I haven't seen Chappie yet, so maybe that'll change my mind. It could be that working on such a huge project will make him step up a bit story-wise. The guy has great ideas, and can direct the hell out of a sci-fi movie, but I just hope he can work the story kinks out.

Did anyone see that Mark Kermode video where he talked about the original plan for Alien 3? I'm in agreement with him; THAT would be something to see.
DeathWraith
2015-03-09 03:42:54
Xenomorph
I'm cautiously pessimistic. The concept art looked interesting as hell, but ignoring the latter two Alien sequels is bullshit. Splitting the timelines is gonna make sorting out the canon even more of a pain in the ass...

I have to admit I'm not as big a fan of Bloomkamp as a lot of people-I thought District 9 was great, but I was thoroughly disappointed by Elysium. I haven't seen Chappie yet, but I doubt that'll change my mind. It could be that working on a long-dead franchise will make him get too liberal story-wise. The guy's ideas don't really seem to fit the Alien universe all that much.

I like Alien 3 as it is, I see no reason to replace it with anything else.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
Mebber
2015-03-09 15:59:34
Human
Alien 3 was a good movie, at least the assembly cut. And a very fitting end to a great trilogy.

Disregading it now and continuing the series in an "alternate timeline" with actors who are now 60+, i don't like this idea.

But i'll watch the movie anyway...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's all about the payment."
-Bloo-
2015-03-09 19:43:51
Xenomorph
I like the dude but like, honestly, I don't know how to take this news. I think he's better suited to something like Halo than Alien, but... fuck I dunno, I'm cautious. The concept art looked

@Mebber: "Why are you guys so old?" "Space Law"

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

Mebber
2015-03-09 21:13:04
Human
The sequel will probably be 20+ years after Aliens, thats my hope at least... it usually sucks if the filmmakers try to make actors look significantly younger than they actually are.

Maybe the Company will do something stupid again, and Ripley and Hicks will be forced out of retirement to fix it.

But i've read somewhere its supposed to be a prequel...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's all about the payment."
-Bloo-
2015-03-10 00:40:28
Xenomorph
Yeah, this just seems like a gigantic mess to me. Like, it's giving me a Colonial Marines vibe. Do you think Hicks is gonna show up again?

I really don't wanna be pessimistic but whatever, I guess there's a better chance of this doing well than it not.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

tawganator
2015-03-10 09:10:01
Xenomorph
whether it is gold or crap i don't care. it's been a long wait and i want my hit

King of the Drones
Life is long but the Day is short
daveberg
2015-03-10 13:07:48
Xenomorph
Biehn has already been approached about the film. Nothing official yet but he said he's more than happy to come on board.

Shame it kind of blows Alien 3 out of the water in terms of canon, as that was a fitting end to Ripley's story, although the idea of revisiting the world created from the first two films has got me quite intrigued.

Further more, as Ridley Scott has his hand in this as Producer, I'm wondering just how much of the Prometheus Lore will find its way into this, if any?

Formerly interested
Deathdrop
2015-03-10 18:06:07
Yautja
The concept art has the Derelict in it, so I'd guess it would tie in pretty closely.
badapple24
2015-03-13 12:37:04
Xenomorph
I'm cautious, but otherwise happy, to have a pure alien movie in my lifetime. I do hope they don't use to much CGI

I'm very particular in my words~Pagan min

Veteran Runner Of the Shadow Serpents
Deathdrop
2015-03-15 01:44:28
Yautja
To his (or rather, his effects team's) credit, Bloomkamp's movies tend to have really, really well-done CGI, so I'm not too worried about that.
FireHunter
2015-03-15 12:00:30
Xenomorph
I loved District 9, I enjoyed Elysium and I have yet to see Chappie, so overall I'm pretty stoked that Blomkamp is directing it. ALTHOUGH, Bloo is right, a Halo film would suit him MUCH better (especially seeing as most of the Earth sequences of Halo are set in South Africa)

Still, I'm optimistic. He's working with a universe that isn't his own, so maybe his usual style won't dilute it too much and it'll be a fitting Alien film.

Another point I'd like to make, I liked the third movie and the fourth makes a good popcorn film. I think disregarding Alien 3 is a little harsh but I'm interested to see where it goes.
Register or login to post

Alien Queen Figure

dish network pomona kansas
Shipsmart Reviews
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners