RP Info Thread (NO BIOS)

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Sooo... Yeah. I completely rewrote most of the RP. Apologies to everyone. I wasn't happy with it, and I'm sure everyone noticed that the "Alien" in this crossover was all but nonexistant. However, the RP still has many themes of Evangelion and some concepts, although it lacks the titular mechanoids. Apologies to anyone who wrote, or was writing, a bio. I shouldn't have posted the stuff till I was happy anyway :(

What Makes this RP Different?

The main concept of this RP is vastly different than any RP we have done in the past. So different, I have to explain what you guys can/cannot do. Its got a huge twist, a different goal, and a new kind of fear…

At the beginning of the RP, everyone is either an unarmed Human researcher or a Yatuja. Humans may improvise and use materials to build weaponry to combat threats (there are many), and while this may seem unfair, Yatuja get their full standard arsenal. This is because it is the Yatuja’s job to defend the Humans as they do their work. It is the Humans job to take note of all that they see, preform experiments, and perhaps most importantly, piece together the mystery of the Earth’s destruction.

Now you may be thinking, where does the Alien come into play? Well, you see, that’s a huge spoiler. So turn back now cause I warned you. Okay, so basically what you’ll discover is that the giant sphere (Dubbed the Black Moon due to its color and size) is an Engineer vessel, containing a powerful mutagen that we may know… as the Black liquid. Yes, if captured, you most likely will be converted into an Alien, allowing you to RP them when you die. This also allows the Alien numbers to increase throughout the RP.

So figure out what happened to Earth, learn the purpose of the Black Moon, and most importantly, the greater plan of the universe itself.

>BOOT UP SUCCESSFUL
>WELCOME TO STEM COMPUTERS, EMPLOYEE
>YOU HAVE A MESSAGE. VEIW?
YES NO
//YES
>OPERATION SUCCESSFUL. FILE OPENED.

BRIEFING

“It is year 378 of the First Interstellar Human Republic. From their capital on the planet Etho, Humanity has the widest and most successful Empire the milky way had ever seen. With the advent of Warp space, AT fields, and cybergenetic implants, humanity has been driven by their ingenuity and determination to become a vast sprawling Empire. However, humanity had to suffer to advance to the stars. On year zero of the new calendar, one would have thought that humanity would fall. But by the efforts of our colonies we rebuilt ourselves and spread our wings high.

Year zero was a horror for us all. A vast, metal sphere of metal and stone we call the Black Moon fell down upon us, bypassing the most solid of our defenses. While we do not know what really happened that day, we know that our old home had vanished, perhaps forever. But not anymore. It took three hundred years for us to find it, but now we can see it clearly, we just had to look at it different way . We can reclaim our past and further our future! We can understand what really happened on Earth! This is why we, a crew of scientists and engineers, were chosen to be humanities eyes. We will go to the Earth, see what happened to our world firsthand. We will search for answers, and we will find them. It is our mission, our destiny, to uncover the past, uncover our history, and uncover the secrets of the universe.”

>ANOTHER FILE HAS BEEN ATTACHED. OPEN?
//YES
>OPERATION SUCCESFUL

NOTABLE TECHNOLOGIES OF USE

Zero Suit- A skintight protective suit that allows projection of weak AT fields. This allows the wearer increased physical capability and protects them from most harm. Zero suits come in some different varieties that have several different unique capabilities. Wearing Zero Suits for prolonged periods of time can cause mental stress and increased anxiety.
Cybergenetic Implants- Mental implants that allow humans to preform vastly enhanced calculations, record their thoughts, and improve reaction times. There are no negative side effects of cybergenetic implants.
Warp Space- Movement through a smaller plane of space using gravitational dynamics to bend space. Warp drives take up to two months of warming up to become active.
Biotechnological Rebuilding- Nanobots carrying STEM configurations that mimic the purpose and function of missing cells.

THE PREDATOR CONFEDERACY

It has been many years since we have found them. Like us, they are an advanced humanoid civilization, who have touched the stars. Its hard to pinpoint an origin of this species, as they exist on many planetary systems in different tribes. Only in galactic affairs do these tribes come together in peace- some, such as the "Jungle Hunters" and the "Super Predators" are especially hostile to each other. However, in the case of a mission such as ours, many predators have agreed to come with us to find Earth.

Analysis of Predator history reveals they discovered interstellar travel long before us, but due to their divisions they have lacked anywhere near the advancement that we have had in recent years. Their culture is tribal, and they practice sacrificial style hunting to honor their gods. Humans were hunted in the past, but this is no longer a concern.

>ANOTHER FILE HAS BEEN ATTACHED. OPEN?
//YES
>OPERATION SUCCESFUL

PREDATOR TECHNOLOGIES

Hunting Masks- These triballike masks allow the Predator to breathe in almost all environments, use different forms of vision, and many other, unknown, features.
Plasma Caster- A plasma-energy caster that deals massive damage to organic matter.
Combi Stick- A spear of u know construct that penetrates any known AT field.

I added a twist. Have fun.

Argonian, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Ahhh! So this is what you meant with that you changed somethings about the rp?

I like it still.

I still can use Ayla, right?

Of course, although I suggest you rewrite your bio, post it on the bio thread which will be up "soon" (trademarked) especially since so much has changed and you hadn't written an RP sample.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

OK, I finally have free time so I'll write the bios for my human guy/Xeno today.

Your icon... The memories. No. Please. Also, the sig...

Anyway, coolio. I look forward to seeing it.

Allright, man! I will work on how I can adapt to the new bio for Ayla.

badapple24, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Goddamn, alright. *Begins retyping/adapting Tau'arcs bio*

Should I bother making my human a complex character? I figured I was gonna be one of the first people to turn, anyway. Maybe by an NPC, but I dunno. That'd probably unfair.

I'll say its a good idea to do so. I mean, you'll still last a good bit, and you're Xeno/Black Liquid creature carries over their memories and traits. The thing is, they ARE your character.

Picture this.

You're unable to control your body. You're sitting there, unable to do anythingbut watch.

As you kill the one person you love.

Or worse.

Also, its an important plot point we humans have to figure out.

I like that a lot. I'm actually doing that with my monsters in Instrumentality.

But anyway, I'm not done close to done, but I'll try again this Sunday when I have more free time.

Bump. Redid shit. Yay, its better.

Added stuff

Hey this needs a bump.

I've been neglecting it, but it be nice if some someone asked a question or something.

Where I could post the new bio for my character?

Since humans are getting the Evangelions, can I be a Giger monster that isn't a Xeno, or should I just be a Xeno?

@Argonian

Should be up "Soon".

@Bloo

Humans wern't getting Eva's since I updated it. But YES. DO THAT PLEASE. You're one of the few people I know that both deviate from the formula yet stay true to it. Anything that captures the Giger monster spirit is good.

Don't forget that cute rapey/sexual vibe that he puts into all his characters haha!

Updating thread in preparation for the launch of the bio thread, as soon as the Mods officially end Prime Time. Basically, mods, this RP is ready to go as soon as you are.

So, Bio topic? How's that coming? I have my bio finished and ready to post.

*Crickets Chirp*

I actually have a LOT of crap done, I just can't show you guys any of it until you "discover" it in the RP.