Ideas for a new Predators movie

supersonicman96, Yautja, 9 years ago

Title says it all.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 9 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SONIC

GAUNT...

DeathWraith, Yautja, 9 years ago

Rarely are there times when I don't even wanna know what just happened.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 9 years ago

That's the first time I ever posted in the wrong thread.

This thread is over. I can't recover. I'm sorry, Sonic.

Dronehive, Yautja, 9 years ago

Bloo's Blooperss

BLOOPERS. GETIT?

badapple24, Yautja, 9 years ago

Haha, but in all seriousness they're already making another if i'm not mistaken

Deathdrop, Yautja, 9 years ago

Here's the thing: Are we talking a new Predator movie, or a new PredatorS movie? Because to me, a Predators sequel would have to explore more of the planet and show us some stuff we haven't seen before. New extraterrestrial monsters/animals, new environmental hazards, new parts of the planet, more of the classic vs. beserker feud... It would have to build on the first movie, in other words, probably using the same characters. Personally, I think expanding THAT story would be better left to the comics, where there's no budget, and they can REALLY go all out with exploring the place, flashbacks, etc.

As far as actually making a straight-up predator "reboot," I think the best thing to do would be to go back to one Pred hunting a group of badasses, though that runs the risk of repeating what we've seen before, so maybe mix it up by playing up the conspiracy angle? ie: The governments of the world know about the Preds, know they've been coming to Earth for thousands of years (at least), and cover it up because they also know there's nothing they can really do about it.

I think doing a period piece could be cool. Maybe even have it in two different eras and cut between the two to tell a longer story? There was a DH comic called "Bloody Sands of Time" that did this really well. I've always wanted to see a sort of black market for Predator tech develop, so that's one thing they could try.

badapple24, Yautja, 9 years ago

God, true points that actually make sense. I wouldn't mind the third option with the government

Rumobritt, Yautja, 9 years ago

I'm a bot who spammed the forum, so Deathdrop banned my account and edited my post to remove the site I was advertising. As I am not sentient, this is probably a huge waste of time, but Deathdrop is extraordinarily petty, and takes satisfaction in denying my site the advertising.

Dark, Yautja, 9 years ago

They could make a movie depicting royce and isabella's survival on the game preserve planet, its already in the comics, all they got to do is simply adapt it well from the already written script and not fall down into the deep end *cough* Paul Anderson *cough*