The Meat Locker

badapple24, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

I read the article by strange shapes on the news feed and it definitely brought up some key points. So i wonder, what are your opinions on this article guys and gals

Argonian, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

I think the article was very interesting, and the fact about the cooconed humans becoming eggs brings a lot of questions to me.

I must say, however, that I like more the fact of the Queen laying eggs and impregnating humans that are cooconed to the walls more than the idea of the humans becoming eggs. I... think that the Queen laying the eggs feels more natural and makes more sense than the second idea, besides, probably the Facehuggers and Chestbusters would have minimized importance to their life cycle, as maybe there would be more humans that are becoming eggs than humans that are impregnated with a Chestbuster, and later becoming Aliens. However, I agree on the fact that the cooconed humans becoming eggs would give Xenomorphs a more biomechanical and foreign biology, and probably making them more original and unique.

And about the Queen and the Xenomorphs that were not eating the colonists in Hadley's Hope, my theory is that perhaps they were feeding on other kind of thing, like, maybe they could eat some secretion that the Queen was producing? Or perhaps they could have been eating the humans, but not the ones that had been more recently impregnated and killed, which could be the ones that the marines found. Or perhaps, they could have just been hybernating, until something happened?

Because I have never seen Alien 3, I really could not say much about it. From what I read I guess that the Alien in Fury-161 didn't knew at first that Ripley had the Queen, so, he started to kill the prisioners, and then found out that she had an embryo, so his priorities changed. Maybe, it didn't cooconed Ripley because it was worried that, in the struggle, it could harm the embryo? Or, maybe coming from a dog/ox, it's mental faculties weren't as advanced as the human spawned Xenomorphs, so, it mainly killed because it saw the humans as a threat? Those are my theories.

I agree with actually all three theories regarding this Argonian, but on hadleys hope. Perhaps the aliens had a deeper level to the hive where they stored humans for eating. Because I doubt they'd use all humans for Hosts. Perhaps they only stumbled upon a nursery.

Yes, I agree with you. Maybe some of the humans are left to be impregnated, and others are left on another chamber to be eaten, like how an anthill has different chambers for keeping the young, and another to keep their food stored. However, we never saw that in the movie because the marines just stumbled with the nursery, and were not able to explore the hive further.

Exactly, we only really have speculation to go on when it comes to Aliens right... so i mean at least this brightens up the dark history behind the alien

Exactly, we only really have speculation to go on when it comes to Aliens right... so i mean at least this brightens up the dark history behind the alien

Yes. But, I guess this is what makes the Alien franchise more special. It gives you a lot of freedom of thinking about what can happen between the gaps.

By the way, I'm curious about your opinion. What do you think of the humans turning into eggs?

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

I personally like the idea of Drones turning humans into eggs to create a queen- explaining why the drone did what it did on Nostromo and Queens. I like to think of the Drones as nannies to the offspring.

Hmmm... you know, I had never thought about it that way... but, it is an interesting point of view.

You know, i never thought about the nostromo. Thats a very valid point DH

You know, i never thought about the nostromo. Thats a very valid point DH

Me neither, but is a very good and valid point, DH. And you could be right. Perhaps... if the drone can make people into eggs, maybe he does so to prepare itself when it becomes a queen or another Xeno becomes a queen, so that they can have a way to increase their numbers more quickly and prevent the queen from being unprotected when one of the drones molts.