The Apex Report

BurningStar, Undefined, 9 years ago

Hello Everyone! I am a writer currently working on both a theoretical and factual report about the predator biology, culture and history and am looking for some artists willing to make some designs to help make my report more original and livelier. The images will be credited of course. Is there anyone willing to help me?

badapple24, Undefined, 9 years ago

Fuck dude, i'd love to help you, but I can't. I don't have the tools for it...

badapple24, Undefined, 9 years ago

Fuck dude, i'd love to help you, but I can't. I don't have the tools for it...

Deathdrop, Undefined, 9 years ago

What do you mean by "factual?"

Factual as in things stated by the canonical universe.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 9 years ago

This could be useful to you.

Honestly though, there's, like, little to nothing about Predator culture, biology, and history in the canon universe (which is the film universe) - almost everything we "know" came from the comics, novels, and games. That's why sources like the Yautja Encylopedia (linked above) will almost ALWAYS mix film canon and EU material. If you're really strict about canonical info, the best thing you can do is to watch the trilogy and write down everything important. I think the most revealing film was Predator 2.

Thanks! That site is a big help!

Before release of the report I am planning to sit through a marathon of the Predator franchise which would even include the AvP flicks. My concerns are things like changing the ideas of what we are used too, mainly the Right of Passage idea. Other than that some of the expanded universe will only be used as influence for some of the theories. I will be finished the report fairly soon and will be putting it up on a freewebs hosted page. It will also be fairly large and very controversial with fans so I'm crossing my fingers that you guys will like it :)

Deathdrop, Undefined, 9 years ago

I wouldn't discount the EU entirely-As Bloo said, it may not be canon, but there's more info there than there would be in the films. Some of it contradicts, yes, but part of the fun of "analyzing" fictional creatures (for me, anyway) is coming up with explanations and workarounds for the contradictions.

A good example would be Batman vs. Predator. It couldn't be more non-canon if they stamped "SHIT AIN'T CANON, BRO" on the front cover, but it does "reveal" that Preds are carbon based life forms. Could be interesting.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 9 years ago

Exactly, and some EU "facts" eventually got canonized anyway.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what you write, it could probably help me out.