concretehunter, Yautja, 9 years ago

ANAHEIM? LIKE MLG ANAHEIM?????

Deathdrop, Yautja, 9 years ago

3 beers, a Philly cheese steak, an order of fries, some chicken wings, and 2 sodas. My stomach is FUCKED.

Peterson, Yautja, 9 years ago

Jesus fuck.

That is all.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 9 years ago

everyone in LAX is an asshole

EDIT: Oh, I might get the Skype app soon.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 9 years ago

I just watched Birdman. It was unimpressive. I'd say it's an almost perfect movie, but I didn't get any feelings from it. Too close to life, I think. All of those things are things I haven't cared about in years.

Dronehive, Yautja, 9 years ago

I feel so important, being the only one to tell new members anything.

Also, I've decided I want to be female, so yeah. Still have yet to come out to my parents, because that shit scares me.

Oh boy, Dronehive. I sure hope you're planning on getting a sex change operation, otherwise I'm gonna be very angry with you, because I do not recognize genders as being a real thing.

You can also take hormones to gradually switch over, but that may or may not be just one step in the whole operation thing (I've never looked into the process...).

I think it's actually necessary for the operation. But as far as I know, the switch in hormones can be pretty hard on your mental state in the beginning. Other than the surgical part, I think that's the only thing you have to worry about. BUT be absolutely sure that this is what you want, cause you know, I wish I were a cute lesbian Japanese girl, but not enough to actually want it.

I know... I've been mulling this over for several years.

I actually think I was born with a hormonal imbalance. I've always been feminine in both behavior and physical characteristics. Like, my dick works and shit, but I think I have a very... Mixed hormonal system. I forget what that's called. Its a thing, though.

And yeah, I plan on going all out later in life and once I have confidence, if I have the money for HRT.

DW, think about genders like labels to our behavior. Think of them like psychological constructs. I think that'd be the way you'd look at it. I'll disagree and say genders are very, very much a thing, but I think you're viewing them in a way you disagree with.

@DW: If it means anything, I've always thought you could be a cute lesbian Japanese girl.

Aww, thanks Bloo.

@DH: That is exactly how I see genders and I find it bullshit that the same people who want the labels to be removed are also doing their best to create a lot more labels. The only context in which genders are a thing, in my view, is the context of gender roles. Gender roles, as I think we agree, are an obsolete social construct meant to uphold the classic family model: male - hunter; female - nurse. In this context, genders do exist and there are only two. Wanting to remove them and at the same time making more is simply a paradox. I agree with removing them.

And then comes the linguistic problem. I completely disagree with interpreting "man" and "woman" as labels for the psyche and not for the body, because, once you remove gender roles, the difference between potential psychological development between men and women is null. It's true that there is a basic psychological difference between male and female humans, but it is as negligible as the difference between any two humans. Let's say males are a light gray wall and females are a dark gray wall. You can't paint the exact same picture on both, right? But that's not because of the difference in colour of the canvas. You can't paint the exact same picture regardless of the similarity between the canvases. Every person will come out different from every other person. So back to the linguistics problem, there are people of both sexes and of no sex. I agree that there need to be pronouns for them in some languages. Either that, or replace all gendered pronouns with pronominal adjectives, like in Asian languages, where they have "me, you, that one". I know some people need to feel like they're really different from everyone else, but everyone is different from everyone else and coming up with a whole new language for every single person based on how they feel and what they feel and how often they feel and what they like and when and why and where... that just won't do. You already have the liberty to pick your own name if you don't like the one you were assigned. You know, other than being whoever the hell you want to be. If people are all just people and dividing them into two groups is wrong, why do you need to divide them into even more groups? What's the difference between this and racial stereotyping?

DW, I agree with you on all points. However, I'll say that the people who do make all these unique genders and the like- I can understand and tolerate where they're coming from. I think its a very human desire- not to be "special" as you said (although I still see it there)- but rather to identify yourself as something, have a concrete and understandable thing to call yourself.

And in my eyes, seeing how uncomfortable I am being male, I consider myself female. I think you'll understand where I'm coming from here. I think femininity and masculinity are different things- not male and female sexes being fundamentally different (that's plainly false on a psychological level)- but rather these behaviors that we see. We really don't understand much of our own psychology in relation to our physiology, but I stand to say that there is some part of the brain that determines masculinity and femininity.

To bring up a comparison to clarify my last thoughts, think "Type A" and "Type B" personalities. Or something like a slider. We call one end "Masculine" and the other "Feminine". I just don't think we need words for anything in the middle, because it only matters to you.

I just downloaded the Skype phone app and I can't tell how recent all your messages are, I think it's been a year and a half since I last used this shit program.

I'm gonna be online pretty much every day (because... they're like texts), but I don't know how often I can get back to you (I might be in class/asleep/whatever).

skull_ripper, Yautja, 9 years ago

This is really interesting, in general, but also because this is the second person I know who has come out about this specific thing this very month. But good on you DroneHive, I feel similarly(though in a fundamentally different way) to how you do, but have never had the courage to express or do anything about it.

@Bloo: I talked to you on Skype today, so you probably know how old my messages are, unless a time warp fucked something up.

And YAR HAR, I talked to Bloo today, and none of you can have a turn! 'Cause I'm a greedy bastard and stuff. That's why I'm all Grom up in my avatar, 'cause I am greedy and cant wait, 'specially when it comes to cookies.

EDIT: "cums 2 cookies" should be a bakery or some shit.

So anyway, Bloo, another good cute girls debut and I forgot to even check this out, but it's Zion T. so how bad can it get...

"Pepe"

But anyway, I liked that one, and I've never heard Zion T till now. That was... interesting...

Really, I thought I'd linked you this one and this one.

Also, just gonna make sure that I've linked this great song.

Oh damn, the first one was nice and I liked the other two a lot.

One day I'll get around to downloading all the albums of the artists you've recommended... I just keep forgetting.