Deathdrop, Yautja, 9 years ago

My dog shat on my carpet.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 9 years ago

What a SPECIAL day you've had, Deathdrop!

The-Wolf, Yautja, 9 years ago

Do you use apple bitter, deathdrop?

skull_ripper, Yautja, 9 years ago

Wow Deathdrop, nearly the exact same thing happened to me today, except it was my cat and it was on the rug. It's like, Inception or some shit, or the Matrix, yeah... one of those.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 9 years ago

Or your dog likes to eat tampons, too.

badapple24, Yautja, 9 years ago

Inceptionn, for me at least, was a FUCKED UP MOVIE. In my opinion the storyline was almost impossible to follow. And you couldn't even understand what was going on.

Blizzard, Yautja, 9 years ago

@badapple I have never understood why people think inception is complicated .
the character explain what the plan is ,the plan happens , ambiguous ending at the end and voila

if you want complicated try ghost of mars
There's a flashback within a flashback within a flashback within you guess it a flashback

@DL errrr yipee I think ?

@DW so you were the bear ? I guess you bearly made it out alive

I actually shat on his porch, but he didn't notice it because his dick smelled so bad. I guess it dried up in the meantime.

EDIT: Ayyyy, Bloo, have you seen Tokyo Ghoul?

EDIT: I mean the 3 episodes that exist so far.

My dick smells lovely, you know nothing Jon Snow(A.K.A. DeathWraith) U_U also I cant believe you shit on my porch, I'm like, so hurt right now. GO SUCK AN ELF!

@DD: Nope, no tampons.

@Badapple: I followed it fine even though it is a mind fuck.

@Blizzard: I'm in the same boat as you on Inception.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 9 years ago

How come no one will shit on my porch?

What didn't you guys understand about Inception?

@Everyone who got Inception: I don't know, I guess i followed it fine, until they like were going through the 4 or 5 dream states, I kinda got confused. so yeah that's whhat I didn't like about it.

@Everyone who got Inception: I don't know, I guess i followed it fine, until they like were going through the 4 or 5 dream states, I kinda got confused. so yeah that's whhat I didn't like about it.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 9 years ago

Roleplaying is hard during the summer. (So much for shitposting this weekend...............)

@TW: I dunno, I thought Inception was more straightforward than people think. The Nolan movie that people pretend to understand is The Prestige, and the one everyone openly admits to not understanding at all is Memento. There's no way Inception was more confusing than those two.

Also, I'll shit on your porch.

@DW: I REALLY WANT TO... but I haven't. My shit internet situation is going to turn better within a month though, so I'm gonna get right on that. But yeah, Tokyo Ghoul is one I really wanna watch. How is it?

I think it's pretty cliche, but I guess I'm gonna watch it anyway. I'm not really an avid anime watcher though, so my opinion is not the most refined. But I do like the drawing style in this one, for the most part. I'm pretty sure I even saw cellulite on a girl's leg at one point, which would be amazing, but I was probably just tired. I don't buy the whole idea that anime plots have really deep meanings to them, because as much as they are gory, most anime still tell the story in a very childish, exaggerated manner, and this one I think is no exception. I just wanted to watch an anime that had good fighting in it when I picked this one, but I guess it's more about some shitty struggle between being human and being a monster, meh. I'd really just rather watch Ichigo Kurosaki fight Goku or something. But you know, this is just my opinion and it's not a well-informed one. After three episodes though, I can tell you for sure that I'm not rooting for any of the characters that have been introduced so far and that's definitely not a good thing.

I actually had no idea what it's about, so that almost sounds disappointing. I'm still gonna try it though. Also,

"most of anime still tell the story in a very childish, exaggerated manner"

You should elaborate on this thought. Not because I disagree with you, but because I actually agree with you a lot. I've always thought this too, but I don't know how to explain it to other people. Saying stuff like "it's just too over the top" doesn't cut it when I'm trying to seriously talk about the problem with anime writing/presentation.

OK, I'm really tired right now and I don't know if what I'm saying is on subject or makes sense or is even close to my actual opinion, but here is what I typed down before I forgot about the post:

Well I'm not very passionate about it, but I'll give it a try. It feels like every character has the exact same character development, which makes them out to be either a sneaky, intelligent, sumgger-than-thou, suddenly incredibly powerful character, or an innocent, reluctant, suddenly incredibly powerful character when they have to protect someone they care about. They don't have vices, they don't have shades. It's all black and white most of the time. I'm talking here about action anime, of course, not stuff like Death Note where there's virtually no fighting and the entire anime is basically character development. It just feels like all characters are the same sometime, the main differences being in hair colour, power colour, power name, amount of clothes that gets ripped off when they flex their muscles, all completely negligible things.

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 9 years ago

Guys, please never order 4 taco 12 packs 2 minutes before a Taco Bell closes. It fucking sucks.

What if it's a zombie apocalypse though.

Yeah, I think I agree with all of that. There are only a few exceptions to the rule that I know of, and even then, those exceptions sometimes exhibit typical anime things. They're also not considered the usual kind of anime, so they don't get to represent the media type; if I said "It's only as good as its worst show," that would probably be true in this case, 'cause when people think about anime, they think about things like Training with Hinako, not Grave of the Fireflies.

Not that typical action/slice of life anime are naturally bad, just that it's bad when everything is like that. I sometimes like seeing typical anime tropes in play (I've probably mentioned K-On a couple of times here, which I enjoy too...). I just don't like seeing it all the goddamned time. Anime has such a shit reputation, and it probably definitely deserves it.

But I'm not convinced it's the medium's fault. I think anything (even anime) is capable of having a deep story or meaningful story if it's handled right.

Edit: I dunno, I probably think too much about this, but I hate the reputation it has because the few exceptions to the rule are perfect examples of how anime can be....... beautiful? (Probably not "beautiful," but yeah.) I just can never explain that to people without sounding like an otaku, or pretentious.

This conversation about anime has left me feeling, enlightened? The only anime I actually watched was the animated version of the manga Sgt Frog(a fact I have mentioned too much probably), and mostly because I loved the ridiculous humor of the manga so much. I cant actually think of an anime I've actually watched, except Howl's moving castle and Halo Legends(which the fight between the Brute Chieftain and the Spartan is awesome btw). It's nice to learn about the topic, so I can make an informed decision about watching particular anime(and not end up watching something like The Steam Boy again).

Also, you should try Welcome to Nightvale Bloo, and everyone here for that matter, it's an old time radio type podcast set in a really fucking weird town(weird in a good way) that's out in the middle of the desert. You and DeathWraith's conversation made me think of it, I think it was the use of big words cleverly that bridged the gap in my brain between the two.

EDIT OF RELATIVE IMPORTANCE: I have Beta Code for the game Destiny, which I wont be able use. It is for consoles including Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4. So if one of you guys want you can have it, first come first serve for attempted fairness.