Favorite Behind-the-Scenes stories?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

This is more for the special features geeks among us (which would be just about everyone, now that I think about it), but what are some of your favorite behind-the-scenes stories/featurettes/interviews/etc. from any of the A/P/AVP movies?

For me, it was Ridley Scott describing one of the shots from Alien, where the camera is panning over the Nostromo and there's this very thin fog rolling over certain parts of it. Someone else (I forget who) tells him,

"But Ridley, you can't have fog on the Nostromo. There's no atmosphere in space."

His response?

"There is now, mate."

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

I forgot WHERE I saw this, but it was a bit where Giger was talking about how much he loved the Queen's design. It made me feel good that he could be proud of someone else's Alien-related creation.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Mine is the story about how the guy who played the Alien disappeared and was never found, I think i made a thread about it.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

^Oh, yeah. This one.

I really gotta sit through the special features again and see if that guy's mentioned anywhere. It still amazes me how his "acting" was just "memorize this shit because I can't see."