Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

^ WEEEEEEEEEEllllll I'm gonna go change pants now.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I'm not an ancient Viking, no, but Vikings survive to the modern day in their descendants. I do in fact fall under Viking in the meaning of the word "Viking" not just because I am a descendant of them.

Dude, Unless you're Scandanavian i don't think you can claim to be more viking than anyone else. Heck im probably more viking than you!

I live on both a river and a lake Concrete(One on either side actually), so that alone makes technically a Viking just based upon the meaning of the word.

I live by a river in a fishing community and by a trading port. Doesn't mean I'm a viking.

What makes me a Viking is my ancestry and where I live, and I want the tradition of people being Vikings to survive beyond the genetic level.

Where you live... America... Viking...

The reason I'm saying this is because i know Scandinavians who take pride in there heritage, And its almost offensive to see it trivialized into a "I have European ancestors and do outdoorsy things therefore I'm a viking"

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

@Tawg: "Once the paramours are in the throes of passion, they whip out their monstrous genitalia."

Beautiful.

@Concrete: Sounds like you meed some liberating, then...

In all seriousness, when Americans say things like "I'm Irish," we tend to mean "I have some Irish in my genetic makeup." It seems strange, but I think it probably comes from Ellis Island and not forgetting your roots in the old country. I think that's all he meant.

Also, did you read the story yet? I'm curious what you think.

I don't know any Scandinavian-Americans, but here's a thing I found on Yahoo Answers in 2 seconds:

Someone could say they are a Viking and be truthful about it: if they are descendants from the various raiders or traders who settled down and established communities. Northern England, for example, is covered leftover names from the Viking occupation and no doubt some of the population have "Viking" blood in them."

So, I think you're all Vikings????*

As for me, one Filipino guy named Joseph fought in the American Civil War, so that's cool.

Edit: But yeah, DD's "Irish" comment is spot on.

*Obviously this is a joke, but I just wanted to clarify for anyone who takes offense to this...

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

By that logic, I'm practically Romanian.

Is it still cool to use other peoples' posts as your sig?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

Oh, was that actually ever a thing on this forum? I know it's popular on other more conventional forums.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

^I thought you were Romanian?

tawganator, Yautja, 10 years ago

^^ I thought you were a vampire.

^ ^ ^ I vampire you were a thought?

I...

GO ON...

THERE'S TOO MUCH PRESSURE. I WROTE WITHOUT PLANNING AHEAD. I'M GOING TO STICK MY DICK IN A FACTORY BLENDER.

WILL REPORT BACK

DON'T WAIT FOR ME

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

@Concrete: Looky here, friend, you are not "More Scandinavian" than, your only thing against me being a Viking seems to be that I live in America. Well tough tater chips, I'm an American and a Viking. My father is a Viking, my grandfather is a Viking, my great grandfather was a Viking, and guess what, his dad was a Viking too! If Europeans have problem with me being proud and continuing a legacy they can stuff it where the sun don't shine, my family comes from Vikings, and are Vikings.

We never stopped calling ourselves Vikings from the first one of that was a Viking and we most certainly wont stop just because we now live in America, because we came from Europe and it is a family tradition and legacy that we hold dear. I wont be denied my heritage and I take offense that you would try to tell me not to say where and what I came from and what I happen to be, because it might offend those who are lucky enough to live in Europe where our forefathers dwelt. The only reason you are more Scandinavian than me is because you live closer to the originating point apparently, because just because my family lives in America does not mean I am lacking comparatively in Scandinavian DNA than you.

What your telling me is like me saying "You cant be Viking because you live in Britain", we both posse Scandinavian DNA and if you find keeping the title of Viking alive uncomfortable then by all means don't, but my family has never stopped calling ourselves Vikings, and I am being completely serious when I say "my family has never stopped calling ourselves Vikings". Every generation since the ancient Vikings has continued using the name so it has in fact survived into the modern day at least through my family.

And no, it is not like saying I have Irish in me by saying "I'm Irish" because I'm not Irish, but I am part Irish you see. If I say I'm a Viking(and I am not saying every blond haired white guy is a Viking), I'm not implying Scandinavian ancestry I am saying without a doubt that I am largely Scandinavian and my ancestors were in fact Vikings, not that I'm just the descendant of some dude from from Norway, I know my ancestors were Vikings, and dammit we haven't stopped being them yet!

I have said my peace.

GUYS, I'M PUTTING MY DICK IN A FUCKING FACTORY BLENDER. PAY MORE ATTENTION TO ME.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

BLOO, DON'T DO IT!!!! PUT ON A PUPPET SHOW IN THE LIVING ROOM FOR GODS SAKE!!! DON'T TURN IT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! REMEMBER HOW MUCH YOU LOVE YOUR DICK, BEFORE YOU SACRIFICE IT!!!!!!

DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

@Tawganator

No I'm a Crossroads Demon, wanna make a deal?

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

NO, PAY ATTENTIN TO ME! MY BALLS ARE ABOUT TO BE PUT IN AN ELECTRIC PENCIL SHARPENER OF DOOM!!!!!!!!

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

But even most Scandinavian people don't claim to be vikings.