So I found some interesting Predator info.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

So as you all most likely know, I like action figures. This has lead me to discover interesting things by reading the backs of the packages in online reviews of the action figures which I'll show below.

Firstly here is the Berserker Predators Bio.

9542632281_bc7c8c3f35_z.jpg

So he is a pretty impressive Yautja, note the mention of Xenomorphs.

Here is the Tracker Predators Bio.
73206101501121839691281.jpg

Again an impressive individual, and again note the mention of Xenos. Also that Predator hounds are apparently immune to Xenomorph blood, pretty cool.

And here is the Falconer Predators Bio.
DSCF8414.jpg

It doesn't mention Xenos but thought I'd include it anyway.

And here is the Nightstorm Predator, leader of the Super Predator Tribe.
nightstorm-packagedback.png?w=470&h=625

Note how three of them mention Xenomorphs yet they are action figures from the Predator franchise? The owners of the franchise have been very strict with the toy makers and have been dictating what goes on the backs of the packages because it is Canon. That means Canonically the Alien and Predator universe is the same universe.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSi-F24hMPm_2F1sMySh_EiW877vV_0Ex8QjrZPsPt2iTWZWpv3Xg

^This was basically my reaction.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

There are Aliens in the Predator universe, but there aren't any Predators in the Alien universe.

It kind of annoys me how much the Aliens are infused into Predator culture while Xenos have no problem existing without any mention of the Predators. It's not like I'm saying there should be a Predator in Prometheus 2, but that the Predators should be fine without Xenos. Instead, it's like they can't exist without them, and now they don't have an identity of their own anymore.

To become blooded, you have to killed a Xeno.

To become a Warrior, you have to... age.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 10 years ago

"Predator in Prometheus 2"

Sounds like a damn fine idea to me.

I wouldn't put too much faith in what you see on the back of packaging. In most cases there is no consideration to the figure or story behind the figure fitting into any part of the motion picture its taken from. Perfect example is the flying alien action figures. However these examples are done nicely, somebody cared about what they were doing.

A Predator in Prometheus 2 kind of sounds awesome.

And that really, really sucks about Predators being stuck with Xenos, but Xenos being able to go solo without a care in the world. I've been updating my character description and back story of late and just because of this he'll have killed something other than a Xenomorph to have become blooded just to be contrary and different.

And I usually don't take stock in what is on the backs of packages but I recently found out that the franchise owners have been very on top of the action figures which is why this felt like revelation sort of when I first discovered this. And it is cool how they actually took the time to make nice back stories for these figures.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 10 years ago

Awesome

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

I'm a sucker for unseen backstories, so these are pretty cool, canon or no. I have to say, though, Tracker's doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He's this insanely talented dog breeder, he has a special connection with them... And he sends them to get slaughtered by a bunch of soldiers. Admittedly, these soldiers had the worst aim in the history of mankind, but still.

Also, I don't understand how Pred Hounds are supposed to kill a Xeno. I like Falconer's bio, though. I like the idea of a Pred fiddling with technology while everyone else is showing off their trophies.

^I dunno, I don't think it's THAT impossible.

We still haven't really seen live-action Xenos in fast-paced combat against things faster than the Predators, so they might not be the invincible killing machines we think they are. I think their strength comes from their ability to lure you into situations where they have the upper hand, not to mention their huge numbers. In straight up 1v1 combat with something like a Predator hound, though, their lack of speed is their downfall.

But, who knows? I've always imagined them to be extremely fast when they want to be, like spiders, or something. I just can't imagine what they'd look like at that speed.

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

I dunno, I think that xenos are more like mantises. They sit, blend in, and strike. Preds are like lizards. They like to eat mantises, but sometimes the mantis eats them.

My main issue is with the idea of the Pred Hounds specifically killing a Xeno via biting/clawing. Even if the Xeno didn't rip them apart instantly, surely the acid would to the job as soon as they took a bite?

Falconer's bio mentions that he used "Xeno technology" (whatever the hell that is) to help engineer a new hunting bird, so I imagine the hounds were probably given similar treatment to help stand up to Xenos.

But I dunno, that's just fan wank. Otherwise, you're right.

^ Yeah, I assumed that was a mistranslation or something.

My guess was they were naturally resistant to the Xenomorphs acidic blood, probably not specifically but to acidic stuff in general. Predators have a pretty high resistance to the effect and Tracker's Bio makes it sound like Predators hounds are very common place(just under used in the hunt so I guess as guard dogs) so they are most likely from their homeworld so they would have a similar if not high resistance to it.

I guessed it was a natural resistance and not a genetic alteration since the mention of them eating a Xeno is early in Tracker's past as opposed to later when he would be more likely to be able to have access to do proper equipment(since he was just a Youngblood).

I kinda don't like that, though. It makes the Xenos sound like... common space dinosaurs, or something.

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

Yeah, the whole thing is that this goddam creature is so unique. Even to other aliens it's alien. It's silicon based. More acidic than anything ever discovered. Heck, it's weirder (and creepier!) than that one thread where WolfthePredator, AX, Ilanna and a bunch of other druggies got the sparring chamber nuked.

I think it is more of a testament to the hostility of the Yautja homeworld to produce such ferocious creatures, or at least resilient ones. I mean at least one creature in the universe can be immune to Xenomorphs acidic blood, the Predators aren't immune to the acid just resistant compared to other stuff.

It still burns Yautja and is even fatal, and their metals aren't even resistant. And it's not as if it was a fair fight for the Xenomorph, it was a whole pack of the predator hounds against a single Xenomorph so it isn't really downplaying the Xenos ferocity.

Yeah, I guess so. I just got finished saying "Maybe they aren't the killing machines we think they are," anyway.

@DD: I feel like "Xeno Technology" should be a meme.