Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Alien Isolation - New game by SEGA

Forum

Alien Isolation - New game by SEGA

Register or login to post
DeathWraith
2014-01-07 16:52:19
Xenomorph
This was brought to my attention by dear old Mr.Xeno: apparently SEGA are making an Alien surviver-horror game where you're alone with a Xenomorph.

TRAILER

GAMEPLAY

Instead of reformulating what I thought about it, with grammar and shit, I'm going to just copy and paste what I said in a facebook conversation:

"personally, i think it's gonna be a bad game

i mean, for Amnesia fans maybe it will be ok

but a game in which you're hiding from the Alien sounds stupid to me

they should instead give you a flamethrower which you can shoot at it to make it run away

and you should always have to switch between the flamethrower, the flashlight and the motion detector

and you would be dependent on finding fuel

but hiding from the Alien is a stupid idea

it should be able to always know where you are no matter how many walls there are between the two of you, not to mention when you're in the same room and hiding behind a fucking conduit

and it shouldn't be walking upstraight all the time like a fucking moron

i mean the only reason humans walk upstraight is that they need their hands for tools"

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
Deathdrop
2014-01-07 17:15:18
Yautja
Obviously the "wait-and-see" approach is best for any new A/P/AVP-related media, and it's still Sega, but...

If you're going to make a licensed survival-horror game, you could do a hell of a lot worse than Alien. It's actually interesting that the original is getting so much more play recently-The upcoming DH comics are more Alien than Aliens, there's a novel coming out that's very much in the vein of Alien, and now this, which is explicitly an AlieN rather than AlienS game.

Aliens is one of the most ripped-off movies of all time (especially in video games, my God), and the EU has tended to draw almost solely from it up until recently, so maybe this is a sign that the Aliens well is tapped, so to speak? I like Alien better, so that would be great news for me.
-Bloo-
2014-01-07 19:36:52
Xenomorph
I used to like Aliens more AND think the "hiding from a single Xeno" type of game was the best idea, but while doing research for Instrumentality (by which I mean playing a lot of video games and watching a shit load of movies/shows), I realized how tired those things are and it makes me angry because they used to be unique and fresh.

I mean, there's no problem with liking Amnesia-type games or thinking Aliens is the best, but both those things are so standard/commercial, it's ridiculous. Each work acts like they're the epitome of horror and grossness as if they're the first to do anything, when really, they're all copying each other in a pissing match to outdo each other.

Admittedly, most of that probably has more to do with the "fandumbs" - they certainly don't help with their overhyping and overblowing the importance of each franchise, thinking Dead Space/Halo/Slender/Attack on Titan/etc are the most important things to ever happen. Actually yeah, all of this anger is toward the fans. I don't have much of a problem with the actual games/movies I mentioned. It's funny how you can like something and then end up hating it because of the way other people like it. I don't wanna say they're liking it "wrong," which would make me sound shallow, but... that's exactly what's happening.

I DO hate the way some of the EU stories rely on Ripley, though, and that has nothing to do with the fans.

Anyway, I'm not shitting on a game I haven't played yet. I'm glad they're at least drawing from Alien rather than Aliens. I love Aliens, but Giger's Drone is the best representation of the creature by far.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

DeathWraith
2014-01-07 20:20:17
Xenomorph
I just don't find the idea of an enemy you don't have to face threatening at all. I mean, sneaking by things is the easiest possible solution to me, because you're simply not engaging. You just have to wait and walk slowly. It's boring, I can wait and walk slowly in real life. But being chased by an enemy who knows where I am, whom I have to face or it'll kill me, that sounds a lot more interesting. Being alone with a problem isn't fun if all you have to do is avoid it, that's just normal daily life for most people.

READ THE RULES

FireHunter
2014-01-08 00:40:47
Xenomorph
I actually think this looks fantastic. Bear in mind that while the main objective is to avoid the Alien, with the way it hunts and whatnot, that will likely be much more difficult than it seems. Although with the way Aliens: CM was more or less screwed up, I'm not going to hold my breath.
concretehunter
2014-01-08 01:27:37
Yautja
Are you guys actually trying to poke holes in the fact that its an Alien horror game trying to encapsulate the feeling of dread that the first film brought?

We werent even this harsh on A:CM, You're already throwing this one to the pigs and it hasn't even been released!
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

daveberg
2014-01-08 04:54:47
Xenomorph
It's a refreshing change instead of the tired old 'Here - have loads of giant, overpowered weapons that can shred these pesky bugs in two, so you'll never feel threatened'.

Initial looks have me interested.

I'm still unsure of why a lot of folk panned Colonial Marines so much? Out of curiosity, What exactly did you guys not like about it?

Formerly interested
concretehunter
2014-01-08 05:38:58
Yautja
Well you're a sight for sore eyes!

I haven't played it, But most people think its bad for a modern first person shooter.
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

DeathWraith
2014-01-08 06:53:12
Xenomorph
"We werent even this harsh on A:CM, You're already throwing this one to the pigs and it hasn't even been released!"

I wasn't here then, that's why. Colonial Marines was one of the worst games I've ever seen, it was complete shit and I hope all the developers starved to death. There, better?

EDIT: I don't even remember what I didn't like about it, but I'm sure there were some important things.

READ THE RULES

Blizzard
2014-01-08 07:58:34
Xenomorph
just have to wait and see
I just hope they keep the environnements and gameplay interesting
and not just the same crouch routine

also ACM DA VBEST EVVARR
........................................................................................................
All my moments in life will be lost like tears in the rain
badapple24
2014-01-08 08:13:40
Xenomorph
Honestly, the new game appeals to me. It has all of the original fear factors that Alien brought us. I'm looking forward to this game. brings us back to the roots

My one idea to better this game though. It IS a good idea I think they could probably add some small arms. You would have to hunt for armor and weapons sending you out of hiding thus the alien would get more chances to hunt you down. all in all this game sounds amazing but needs a lot of improving before it's released.

I'm very particular in my words~Pagan min

Veteran Runner Of the Shadow Serpents
Blizzard
2014-01-08 08:37:53
Xenomorph
Its pity there isnt a multiplayer mode
where one player is the alien and the others have to do various objectives on the ship
like start the self destruct sequence , get foood suplies ect
........................................................................................................
All my moments in life will be lost like tears in the rain
badapple24
2014-01-09 08:04:11
Xenomorph
@blizzard.

I was reading pre-ideas and it seems like the alien watches your movements and it's AI configured based on you movements. it also uses real predatory hunting techniques. It seems like they are REALLY taking their time on this game to make sure it is the best one so far.

On another related note they will be adding crafting basic weapons in such (Might be a rumor?)

They also did a study and they sent people into the demo with a large gun. I belive it was like 80% of people didn't use it telling us and SEGA this is the kind of game we want.

I'm very particular in my words~Pagan min

Veteran Runner Of the Shadow Serpents
Register or login to post

Alien Vs Predator Movies

Dish Network Louisiana
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners