DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

That is exactly the opposite of what I said, but thanks.

Blizzard, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

erm my previous post was about the multiplayer in ACM or were you referring to that in the first place ?

badapple24, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The alien in Isolation, they designed it with real predatory animal patterns. Basically when you use the same strategy over and over it changes it's tactic allowing it to catch you easier. So while it has patterns installed. you have to think of new ways to escape.

I finally think SEGA is making a step in the right direction with this. I mean a free roam survival-horror with ONE alien and NO real weapons. this what people like us have been waiting for for years! right?

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

"I never play online."

Couldn't possibly agree more; I can't stand multiplayer. Not just for the cheating, or the 12 year olds calling me the N-word, or the weird rape threats... But just... Why would you want to compete against people in a video game? Maybe it's traumatic memories from gym class, but I hate the idea of video games (which I associate with going to another world, having a unique experience, etc.) being turned into one more macho "HURRY UP AND RUN TO THE NEXT BASE YOU FUCKIN' QUEER!" nightmare.

Sorry. Got a little heavy there. But yeah, the point is that I vastly prefer single player games, so this looks very, very interesting. It's like... CM was like one of those African "hunting" safaris where rich people get flown out to a fenced-in area to shoot at domesticated wildlife. The set dressing is the Alien universe, but really, you're just here to shoot things in typical FPS fashion.

In Isolation, your ass is getting dropped in the Alien universe and left there, and whatever happens happens.

EDIT: "Now if there would only be a game that is similar to the predator series."

HOLY FUCK THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. Imagine a mix of Assassin's Creed III and Splinter Cell with a survival horror twist. It's be hard to do right, but if successful, it could be amazing. Especially the hiding in mud and finding different ways to get around the Pred's vision modes.

Honestly, i thought that game couldn't work but that is really cool. It would have to be set in Guatemala though. not somewhere like their homeworld, a populated area or antartica. somewhere on an earth jungle

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I don't know how I feel about Ripley's daughter, Amanda, being the protagonist.

That's cool and all, but... didn't Aliens show us a picture of an old Amanda? Like, in her 50s-80s? She's a walking spoiler - there's no way she's gonna die here.

On the other hand... I wouldn't be surprised if Wey-Yu lied to Ellen Ripley about her daughter's death. There was no way they were gonna tell her that Amanda died because of a Xeno (if that's what happened).

Still, I don't know if this is considered canon, so whatever. It's interesting to think about though.

That's true, There is also the fact that i may have happened before then.

I find it fun that the alien has no pattern on movements, It's more terrifying if you know that around the next corner the alien could be waiting for you. a turkey dinner

Alishiss, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

ive always been in love with the aliens franchise so ive seen bits and pieces of this around the internet but what ive seen so far i can honestly say i love this new idea of actually putting you in the shoes of someone that survives the ordeal or takes them out with them to keep it from spreading. they have me hooded

Well it's not nessisarily about that, i mean probably a small part of the story is based off of that. But the main story is Ripley's daughter finding the Nostromo flight recorder to find out what happened to her mom.

Mebber, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

So, whos gonna play the game right on release?

For some reason i've preordered the damn thing (which also lead to "Hey, i wonder what the guys over at AvPU are doing these days..." by the way), even though i've sworn to never preorder a game again after the whole ACM debacle.

But seriously, if they fucked this one up too, someone needs to be lynched for it. Even if it wasn't gearbox this time... a nice alien horror game fix is overdue imo.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

I would say "this seems like a hard formula to fuck up," by MY GOD have we heard that line before... Over and over and over... I'll say this about A/P/AVP fans-we're the most optimistic fuckers in all sci-fi fandom. We've been burned so, SO many times now, and yet with each new release we think "THIS will the one. THIS will be the one that saves the franchise..."

Reminds be of that old Sam Kinison routine: "C'mon! Yeah, this is love! This is LOOOVE, c'mon! No, I'm not like all the others! This is NEEEEEEEEW LOOOOVEE... C'mon! Hey, I wouldn't lie to you EIGHT TIMES IN A ROW, FUCKHEAD, C'MON!"

badapple24, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Well, release is tomorrow, I'll be getting it. And posting my review on the site afterwards... Just letting you guys know

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

23.73 GB fucking shit i need a new PC soon

badapple24, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Most websites (Cept for IGN cause they don't know a good game when they see one) Rated the game at least 4.5 out of 5

I am still skeptical about it, even though I won't get to play it anytime soon, mostly because of the mechanic where you can hide in a locker and the Alien won't find you, or you can be crouched behind a pipe and it won't see you.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

@DW

And Ripely didnt do that in Alien? She was standing around the fucking corner. Granted, the Drone was dying, but still.

That is a very controversial claim you made there, Dronehive.

Mebber, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Just read the ign review. Seems like crap to me. The guy tried hard to persuade his readers of how shitty isolation is, but he sounds so much like a tard who is simply mad because he can't actually play and got punished for it by the game that his criticism isn't that convincing. His main point is basically that the whole "avoid the alien" thing becomes repetive over time. And therefore its a bad thing that the game offers hefty 20 hours of gametime too, according to this guy. But in the beginning, he actually likes the game.

Dunno, maybe this guy should have taken into account that most people aren't professional game reviewers who play through a game in a very short time but instead over a rather long period of time, often just a few hours apiece after work - which really reduces the impact of "it's repetive!" as long as the basic game mechanics are actually any good (and apparently they are?). Therefore 5.9/10 (isn't that almost a death sentence by common rating standards?) with the main arguments beeing "its repetive!" and "its too long!" really seems like bullshit.

I talk to Xeno about it since he's playing it, and he says you should play it on hard, because otherwise the AI is pretty stupid, even that of the xenomorph itself.

From this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5K0Ow5i22s I'd say it looks pretty good - and I mean the atmosphere, because the environment definitely LOOKS amazing - but I still don't agree with the idea that someone can hide from xenomorphs.