-Bloo-, Human, 10 years ago

I wanna be a turtle. They don't do shit and they're Jesus.

Deathdrop, Human, 10 years ago

The fuck are you on about? Turtles do shit. Turtles keep the country's pizza-based economy afloat, have defeated The Shredder more times than I can count, and are also Jesus.

skull_ripper, Human, 10 years ago

So true DeathDrop, so, so true.

gamefreak33797, Human, 10 years ago

But what about the mice?

What does that make them?

Does that make them..

(Put on sunglasses)

Cheesus?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathWraith, Human, 10 years ago

Just watched Man of Steel. Preeeeetty bad movie. But Amy Adams has a great ass.

tawganator, Human, 10 years ago

It was still a fuck ton better than Superman Returns and it leads to Superman vs Batman which will apparently feature Wonder Woman in 2015 and after The Flash in 2016 we get Justice League rumored for 2017.

DarkLioness, Human, 10 years ago

Feeling like you might freeze to death, your dogs freezing to the point where you have to carry them back to the truck(my dad had to carry Chloe who weighs 47 pounds btw) and just having to go outside in -30(wind-chill) is not fun. It will never be fun! But other than that it's great to be back here.

And outside it is currently -8 or -10. Not sure.

tawganator, Human, 10 years ago

I like the cold. That's probably because right now it is a real scorcher where I am.

DarkLioness, Human, 10 years ago

I usually love the cold but I don't like it to be so cold to the point where lukewarm water freezes once it hits the ground.

"better than Superman Returns"

See, even if this were true, it wouldn't matter, because Superman Returns blew. How Mass of Shit managed to be EVEN WORSE I'll never know, but holy bugfuck neanderthals in spandex WAS IT EVER.

badapple24, Human, 10 years ago

Lol. i find it so strange it just goes downhill after page 43. At least that's what page it's usually on. sometimes earlier and later sometimes just wow

YOU'VE GIVEN AWAY THE SECRET, YOU CHEEKY FUCK.

A thousand hamburgers are out of a job, and does anyone besides Motherfucker Superior care? I THINK NOT.

I'll tell you why it was worse. It's because it was about a bunch of stuff no one cared about. 20 minutes of origin story with bullshit sci-fi all over the screen that no one can relate to. Then 40 minutes of some guy walking around and he's strong but doesn't really do anything interesting almost ever, and even when he does, it's either not that interesting or it just looks stupid. Then 20 minutes of a woman with a great ass looking for the guy while no one else does anything. Then 20 minutes of not at all dramatic fighting where the great Superman saves a total of three people, one of them like three times, because she has great ass. These are not exact numbers, of course.

Also the last hour or so was just shit exploding in exactly the same way over and over and over and over and over again with tasteless 9/11 imagery to boot.

There's no "SMASH BANG POW," just this endless, relentless THUMP THUMP THUMP the whole way through. The visuals go THUMP and the sound effects go THUMP and the soundtrack is going THUMP and the entire fucking movie goes THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP in this murky, cold, soulless, colorless metallic mess. Ugliest-looking movie since 300, easily. Uglier, actually.

More to the point, though: It's a Superman movie where Superman doesn't save anyone. They use all this 9/11 imagery, they show the city getting annihilated over and over again for like 600 hours, they show people dying in their thousands... But Superman saves Lois and the soldiers, so it's fine. The good guys blow up the bad guys (via what is essentially a SUICIDE BOMBING), and Superman shows he's a good guy by submitting to the US military, and thousands of civilians die but who cares CUS WE TOTES WON LOL. There's the military, and The Enemy, and anything caught in the middle is apparently collateral damage.

I mean, Jesus Christ, this is a movie about SUPERMAN, where nobody gets rescued and Supers himself doesn't give a shit about collateral damage. Do I really need to explain how fucked up that is? He does violently snap someone's neck on-screen, though, so there's that. I'm really glad all the little kids in the audience got to see that.

I mean, I get it. If the guy in the cape who can fly didn't execute the laser beam-shooting supervillain who tried to terraform the Earth with big robot spiders, the movie MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN REALISTIC.

JESUS FUCK.

krio, Human, 10 years ago

Who likes metal gear solid?

DW: sounds like that movie sucks ass.

Personally, I loved 300.

Really? Could you explain why? I'm not being a smartass; I'm genuinely curious.

skull_ripper, Human, 10 years ago

Here is an Epic Rap battle of history featuring Leonidas Vs The Master Chief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgVwv0ZuPhM

Well, I guess I thought it executed the atmosphere of a legend quite well, it really made me feel like I was watching the exaggerations of an ancient tale combined with realistic political disputes. I thought the acting was quite good, the characters felt like they belonged in a legend because of how the actors portrayed them. The overly bombastic fighting scenes, again, very appropriate for a legend setting. I don't remember anything bad about the dialogues or monologues of the movie, in fact it's one of the most quotable movies I know. If I were to describe it as an ugly movie, that would also feel like a good thing, because it was about Sparta, a nation remembered as of warriors, at war with the motherfucking Persian Empire, and war is one of the ugliest things possible, so that too was done right in my view. It really felt to me like I was seeing through the narrator's mind.

-Bloo-, Human, 10 years ago

That's actually way I liked it, too. I completely understand the hate and I've never seen it more than once, but I liked it.

I guess it's in the way you look at it. I see it that way only because I really like the narrative of a war novel called "The Things They Carried," in which the narrator would straight up tell you not all of the story was true, but the feelings and emotions very much were.