RPG Shuffle

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

This is an idea I've had for a while, and I wanted to see how it would be received. This is NOT necessarily what we'll be doing for the next RPG, this is just an idea.

Basically, it's a normal RPG (clans, rules, etc.) except for one additional rule: You must change your species. For example, if Bloo, Peterson and I were in this RPG, I would be a human, Bloo would be a Pred, and Peterson would be a Xeno. Obviously who would be what would have to be worked out, but you get the idea.

It would force people (myself included) to step out of their comfort zone as far as writing is concerned, as well as allow for a more tense situation (suddenly most of the players are human, and the focus shifts from fighting to survival) that's more like the films. It would also add some variety, if for no other reason than every player would be creating a brand-new character from scratch.

So... What do you guys think?

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

Hmm... I like this!

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

You know what, I've been thinking about this exact same thing for the longest time. I've always wondered how I'd participate in an RPG as a different species being in a clan.

As much as i like the idea i'd suggest that it gets put on hold, At least until the current RPG is done and has had a wind down.

Waralien, Yautja, 10 years ago

Very interesting, I like it

Kirby-Cage, Yautja, 10 years ago

I like the concept of the idea however I have a quick question: Will clans members still be on the same spcies or would this just be where everyone picks a different spices then what they currently are?

The idea is that every participant would change species regardless of clan affiliation. There are certainly some kinks to be worked out, but I thought it might be interesting.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

I like this idea.

zero-alpha, Yautja, 10 years ago

I don't like it, because I prefer to stay as a xenomorph and not have to be forced to change my own species.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

RPGs are not mandatory, zero-alpha. At least you're not in a clan, because then they can just ban your clan from the RPG, because they like each other more than they like you.

@Zero alpha

You are not forced to change species, you just PLAY as a diffrent species.

badapple24, Yautja, 10 years ago

Awesome idea, however would Hybrid (Xeno-human) be included or what. Anyways @krio Awesome new quote. And mabye we could do this sometime

@badapple

What qoute, my signature? Thanks! A little explanation about us....

I mean seriously little...

About "being the same".... It is because i am a clone.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

I like this a lot, actually, but what worries me is what could happen with the new Xeno players:

1) They would be alright and do their own thing, or 2) everyone would be a crazy rapist again.

I'm gonna be honest, I was flattered when all the Xenos decided to become the Joker like me (because that means it worked, so hooray and all that), but it became extremely tired in a record amount of time and it forced me to change my own style without really thinking what I would change it TO, resulting in the clusterfuck that was The Rain. I STILL don't know what the hell I'm doing with my character.

I'm not saying I hold the rights to that style, it's hard to pull off and even I couldn't keep it up. But it's just really boring seeing everyone become crazy. When everyone is, no one is, right? That's why characters like CH and, for the most part, FH (who are pretty much normal) are so nice to see.

ThePredator13, Yautja, 10 years ago

Hmm....I'll enter this draft just to see how it shakes out.

I am not a joker.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

It would be interesting if we had a random generator decide which or the two other races we are. It would mean we are forced to work together!

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

Yes please.

I would love to try this.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

That sounds interesting, though if we do that I hope to god I'm a Xeno because the only thing I know about Colonial Marines is how to rip their heads off and they make blippy noises when something moves.

ThePredator13, Yautja, 10 years ago

I do tutoring lessons for any would be humans. :p

If Peterson or any other folks in the military could provide a cheat sheet on lingo, that would be very helpful.

Having said that, "human" doesn't necessarily mean "Colonial Marine."

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

Can "human" mean android? Not like a combat synthetic, but an android like ash/bishop?