Fuck it, let's do this.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

There's been some talk about a character development thread where we only speak "in-character" (ie: as if we were our RPG characters) so I thought it might be fun to try it out. The question is, how would we like to do this? One thread for each species, or...?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

I wish I had a proper character now.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

Well if we go for each species having their own Thread(Which I don't see how we'd interact in a non-hostile way if we're in character) then we'd probably have Xeno's in the Queens chamber of their hive, Yautja would probably be a tribal clan steading, and the Humans would probably be in a bar.

So would the various clans be merged by species so we don't have the hassle of having a thread for every single clan of every single species?

supersonicman96, Yautja, 10 years ago

Wpw, this is a great idea and I like the thought of a single species area.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

Me personally I like both ideas, but I'm just gonna see which goes. Single species thread or multi-species thread.

This sounds like alot of fun.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

My anus tingles with anticipation of this.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Is this a "we're at a bar" thing (like the 'DD's at a party' thread that happened a while back) or something more similar to the old RPGs?

Either way, if it's for character development, we're better off having separate threads for each species, especially if this is gonna be serious. But I'm all for having a single party/bar/etc thread.

Hmm... As much as I'd like to have us all in one thread, there's really no way to have non-combat interaction between aliens and predators. As for tone, I'd like it to be somewhere in the middle. Obviously less serious than an RPG, but not full-on comedic.

Although now that you mention it, doing an RPG based on that party thread would be amazing.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

"Although now that you mention it, doing an RPG based on that party thread would be amazing."

Not to come off as being annoying but can we please do something like that?

Why not do them both? And would these be stickied on the main board?

That could work...

I know our commitment to RPGs really slows down over time, but I think something like this with no pressure of fights and the lack of the presence of an eventual end would make people more willing to keep it going.

I think it'd be different from My Skull. Hopefully.

Waralien, Yautja, 10 years ago

I would like to see this happen. I can already see it now "A Drone, a marine and a hunter walk into a bar..."

I also feel like everyone would have a lot more time for these threads.

I'm liking this more and more.

YOU SHOULD.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, CAPTAIN.

Yeah, I guess my saying that doesn't really help matters.

EDIT: Done. I'll keep this thread open for the sake of discussing the discussion thread.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

"5. Don't be a dick."

Leave it to the Pred mods to be racist every time...

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

Oh goody! Snowman gets to play pool!

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I vote for a bar setting.

Bar setting's good. Since everyone's automatically entered into this, I think we should have other areas, like the parking lot, bathrooms, a 2nd Floor apartment, etc.

Edit: No wait, cramping us all into one room would also be great.