Somewat non-canon Xeno Theory

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

So, you all know the classic explanation for different xenos - they take host DNA. But what if that wasn't all there is to it? What I'm trying to say is, even though host DNA is probably still a big part (evidence is runner) perhaps the environment is also a major factor. For example, look at the original Drone. It blended into the environment perfectly. The warriors in ALIENS were fast and armored (possibly due to human resistance?) The runner was red and mush more resistant to heat that the Aliens in other movies. It had to have adapted physically because the ox/dog would not have been used to high temp- it was not in it's DNA.

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Well I mean the reason for their coloration is because the make up artists were trying to make them harder to notice, and let them blend in with their surroundings.

A perfect example is Predator and Predator 2. Stan Winston (Who worked on the Warrior from ALIENS) specifically made the Predator after 'the jungles fruit', a (ripe) banana. That's why the Predator was that golden color, and the brown spots and specs were like the ones you see on a ripe banana. In Predator 2 he made the City Hunter Predator a red fire color, to resemble the bricks you would see on a building in the city. He also adapted this technique into the Warrior Alien when he was working on ALIENS (That's why it looked like part of the hive, though you could argue he just slightly modified the colors from Alien, but the original Alien contained colors to resemble rust highlights on top of the solid black)

So that's why the creatures always seem to blend in with the environment in the Alien and Predator franchises (Because of the make up artists). Those are the facts.

But as a fan with his imagination running wild then yeah I'm 100% game with that theory because naturally, most of the time at least, animals adapt to blend into their environment for camouflage purposes.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The theory is not that the xenomorphs take absolutely every one of their features from their host, as you make it sound, Dronehive. They are, as a species, resistant to several hazards, such as extreme cold or extreme heat, due to some biological features that they all share.

While this is true DeathWraith, the xenos in ALIEN and ALIENS seem to be scared of fire, but the runner in ALIEN 3 seemed to at least partially survive molten lead. But my main support for this is the camouflage, as the Giger drone looked like the NOSTROMO, and the Runner looked like the prison. In addition, it seemed to me that the ALIENS RESSURECTION Xenos (yes I know it was bad) seemed to be ideal for swimming due to the large source of water from nowhere, but the Drone, Warrior and Runner were not equipped to do this.

Fire and extreme heat are not the same thing at all. And how can you tell the drone and warriors were not equipped for swimming, if they were never even exposed to deep water? The aliens in Resurrection swam with their tails, exactly like crocodiles. All xenomorphs have tails.

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Yeah Im going to have to agree with DW, also in ALIENS you can see the warrior swimming, or at least infer it as it comes out of the Colonys water system or sewage system. (The scene where Newt is separated)

I agree, but the xenos in AR had large tails while the Drone had a thin tail that would not provide much propulsion while swimming.

Well the theory is that Drones grow into Warriors. Plus, does it look to you like horses are equipped for swimming?

badapple24, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

DW brings a point. though i do like your idea. It could explain some things

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

@DW: Seabiscuit (who was known to drink water) and Black Stallion (in which lions are known to be thirsty for bitches).

Horses don't look it, but they sound it, and you can't prove me otherwise.

ciaosarah, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Those routes include Bangkok - Pitsanuloak, mens nike air max limited which will be extended to Chiang Mai City, mens nike air max limited sneakers viewed as the country's men's nike air max limited sneakers northern logistical men's air max limited hub and tourist destination hub; Bangkok - Nakorn men's air max limited shoes Ratchasima, which will men's air max limited sneakers be extended to Nong Khai province, viewed as a gateway men's air max limited trainers to the Lao capital of Vientiane; men's air max limited shoes uk Bangkok - Rayong, the country's eastern men's air max limited online seaboard industrial hub and deep-sea port; men's air max limited shoes wholesale and Bangkok - Hua Hin, viewed as men's nike air max limited cheap a flourishing tourist destination and gateway to men's nike air max limited sale the southern region. No matter men's nike air max limited white which party will finally win the bidding men's nike air max limited black for the high- speed trains, all the railways running nike air max limited running shoes through those provinces will apply the same operational systems, according to the transport minister. Chatchart said he will leave for Kunming city in southern China some time next month to discuss the 4.9-billion- U.S.-dollar high- speed rail project with senior Chinese government officials.