Could aliens or predators make a cross over with an entirely different franchise?

zero-alpha, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The title says it all. Whats your thoughts? I you think yes then which franchise would you prefer?

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

In a comic-book perhaps, we've seen it done before. But in a movie? That's a really bad idea. Even crossing over with other comic books is a big risk and sometimes the results aren't entertaining and fall flat. Crossing over a movie is even more difficult so my answer on this is going to be a firm "no". Unless someone else can provide another opinion so until then my no is still firm.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Perhaps you should stop thinking about whether or not they could, and start thinking about whether or not they should.

Yes, I quoted Jurassic Park. Fight me.

But in all honesty the quote says it all. And the answer is they COULD, but they SHOULDN'T.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

You all know by now that I support crossovers if they can be justified, but I agree with FH - you always COULD have Predators fight the Ronin Warriors, but should you?

Edit: Wait, that sounds awesome.

...Saiyans.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The Ronins were real though, weren't they?

Crossing Dragon Ball Z and AvP would be AWFUL.

Personally I'd like to see a Predator film set in the 1800s or something like that. I reckon that would kick ass.

I actually meant these guys specifically, but yeah.

Anyway, I think the idea of Predators being the source of a lot of myths/legends is kinda neat, so seeing a crossover with a well known "monster hunter" set in the 1800s (or around then) would be cool.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Just imagine a predator about to kill a heavily bleeding drone when suddenly it gets up and starts screaming like he's dropping the biggest turd ever and 10 episodes later it's all healed and shiny and has spiky golden hair and when the predator looks through his mask he can't believe it and he smashes the mask in his hand.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I'm going to agree with FireHunter. It would be cool to see the Predator set in the 1800s.

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think even further back would do. I loved how AVP tied it in with the whole pyramids situation, though I know some aren't fans of it. But anyways I think they should have a film based on a group of new world seekers or pirates (So like the 1600s) that travel to a remote tropical island and find native people living there, like Indians. However, the island is in the middle of no where, and connects to no land masses. So these explorers come aboard this island and find the hostile people living there, in isolation. The native people of course have spears and war paint all over their bodies. But here's the catch, the island is really a place where Predators come to hunt these native people every so often. And the native people prepare their whole lives to kill these hunters. So once the explorers come to conflict with the natives they find that they really should be afraid of the Predator who is going around on a killing spree.
I also generated a lot of this idea from the comic about the Elder Predator and how he got his flintlock pistol, if you want to check that out.

ultimate-xeno, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Honestly I don't think they could.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

They have, repeatedly. Some of them work (Predator vs. Batman was great, Superman vs. Aliens was better than it should have been) and a lot of them are not very good (Alien vs. Buffy? What?)

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

AvP and the thing. Done.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

You guys do realize there is a Batman Vs Aliens VS Predators movie, right?

Its a fan film that's actually good, its called "Batman: Dead End"

I shit you not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_dead_end

I think I've seen that before. And yeah I was genuinely impressed with it, but something tells me it'd be more of a cult movie than a universally acclaimed film if it were released in cinemas.

J4CKH4MM3R, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

i wouldn't mind a star wars comic in which they ended up crossing into the aliens dimension. It would be bad-ass slicing xeno's up with a light saber.

Hunts_End, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Only as a comic Tremors vs Predator might be okay, though a little birdy in the back of my head is trying to tell me it might have already been done. I really don't want to see any more alien crossovers, I love alien just as much as I do predator but every time a new alien movie/comic comes out the creatures get further and further from the design of the first movie, which was really the only one that was super scary which I attribute to the actor in the monster suit and the musical score... and Sigourney Weaver's underwear. Also I don't think I want to see what would result if the aliens infected a grabiod, shrieker or assblaster or something... Or maybe I would? Not sure lol.

Man if predators got added onto the list of things Burt has had to kill that poor bastard might never leave his underground bunker again.

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

..... terminators perhaps....

ciaosarah, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

He did not go into details. The cultural industry buy cheap nike free 5.0 shoes has since become a new growth point for the nike free 5.0 men's running shoes country's economic development. In 2012, the industry's nike free 5.0 running shoes nike free 5.0 men's running sneakers total output value exceeded 4 trillion yuan, with exports nike free 5.0 running sneakers of cultural products nike free 5.0 running shoes for men amounting to 21.73 billion nike free 5.0 mens U.S. dollars. nike free 5.0 trainer SURVIVAL nike free 5.0 sale STRUGGLE While private players have rushed nike free 5.0 shoes runnners to take a slice nike free 5.0 size 12 of the pie, many have not found nike free 5.0 size 13 it as tasty nike free 5.0 size 11 as it appears on the surface. "Lack nike free 5.0 size 10 of supervision on pricing and program quality has nike free 5.0 size 9 made it difficult for companies that really want to produce high-end programs to earn money," says Gong Maicheng, general manager of Yuyuan Cultural. In Gong's experience, audiences usually think high prices mean high quality; but without market supervision, this is not always the case. When the audience is cheated once, they are unlikely to return to a theater again.