Development of your RPG character?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

We've had plenty of threads explaining our RPG character bios, so I thought it would be interesting if we went into detail about their creation/influences/how we thought them up/etc.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

Well I had a bran spanking new predator action figure and was bran spanking new on here, and this figure wasn't just exactly the same as everyone else's either. It was different, It had purple eyes which it wasn't the normal variant, the normal versions eyes were yellow, so it was special like that, but otherwise the same.

I made him a fur cape out of an old towel and gave him a big axe from another toy, then from there I thought *You know what, he should have a predator hound!.* Then I added all the cultural stuff from predators I liked, so yeah I cherry-picked but who doesn't when making their character?

I haven't really done anything super awesome in the RPG so I don't really have anything further to add, honestly he's pretty bland and based off of an action figure.

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 10 years ago

Not to bring up old wounds and talk about things that we agreed to forget and lay to rest...

But this topic seriously needed to be bumped, just saying...

Anyway... "The Hunter Predator"... well snap... here we go... Warning: this is probably one of the more immature posts I've made...

I'm just going to say that's not his real name because I came up with that a decade ago but it's more of a title others refer to him as, sort of the "Ultimate Hunter" kind of deal, so it's just what a lot of Yautja know him by, amougnst other things.

But passed all the cheesey BS about how I wanted to make him the "Best Hunter" but not so unique and outlandish that y'all read it and go, "...seriously?" I just wanted him to be a little unique and believeable, something you could see in a movie.

I have an obsession with the "character" of "Death" and remembered the idea of the "Black Warrior" legend in Yautja history and decided "Dude... he should be f*cking DEATH!"... no real proof though as for right now other Yautja simply suspect it. That's why I gave him the Celtic Helmet (because it's my favorite not gonna lie) but look at my Sig, tell me it doesn't look like a fucking skull... go ahead... try... I even decided to give him a Yautja "Scythe" weapon, (obviously wont use it in combat during the RPG for fairness and rules reasons but ya know... it's there, it's cool) and this adds to why some Humans who have fallen prey to him thought he was Death. But basically its a big, f'ing Grade-A Bad-A (I'm Canadian get over it... eh?) Ninja Gaiden 2 -esque Scythe of doom... yeah... my dude is the sh!t and you're not... what... what what...

Anyway...

I like dark, creepy, terror, so I decided he was going to be a terrifying yautja. Not like everyone else where he's some suped up crazy-ass with super powers and "WATAAUU" skills... although I garuntee he WILL go a little hand-to-hand action when next I enter an RPG... But I wanted him to be intimidating, scary, what a Yautja should be. (I know in another topic I posted my Profile Bio but I've made small changes if y'all wanna check it out... seriously... do it...)

Yeah yeah, don't worry (especially those in the Balatu of ol' will remember... if they're still around) no more of those BS psychic powers, Ice powers, and ominous smoke and fog around him... no... He DOES have like a smoke screen / Smoke Bomb weapon type fog thing for distraction when he cloaks to truly disappear like an f'ing Ninja if he wants to but it wont be that dumb ominous shit...

Basically I improved an old unbelieveable character, but also I've always been a fan of those silent collected characters. Ninja types. So I wanted to make him a quiet cold character.

Not like how some people make their characters a Total Nucking Futs Psycho....

His backstory has a lot to be desired as of right now, he's basically an enigma, an unknown, not sure if I want to rid him of that or not. Everyone loves to write out a full backstory, but the idea of a Predator and a Horror Film in general is Mystery and the Unknown so I want to do that, even towards the other Yautja in the RPG. It's original... being too lazy to write a backstory is original I guess... but no seriously it is...

The Novel / Graphic Novel idea I have (mentioned in the Nooks and Crannies Thread) is more than likely going to expand on this character and I'll save his backstory for then, but for now, he's unknown, to himself and everyone else.

The Robotic Prosthetic right forearm and hand idea... idk it was cool, I plan to make other parts of him have a similar effect but not to be mentioned right now, don't worry he's not a robot, just his forearm, but stuff like facial scarring and other scarring will be revealed in time, but for now no, even what he just plain looks like is unknown, no one has seen him maskless so god knows what he looks like or truly how old he is. I just want to make a dark, terror character of mystery.

In short, HP is a Ninja... with a prosthetic forearm... and he's a Badass... get over it...

...lol...

...I'm Canadian...

Deadpool is a Canadian too, so I accept your high majesty levels as truth.

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I always thought that a Predalien would be one of two things; A large, tank-like creature that is a truly formidable force, or a lithe, stealthy hunter. I opted for the large tank because I enjoy playing as large and intimidating characters.

FireHunter as a character has changed significantly from the rage-fuelled creature that it started off as. It's gotten larger and I've decided to play it more as an animal, quite different to other players who make their xenomorphs "speak" to each other with translated words and such (not hating on people who do, but I personally think it largely detracts from a Xenomorph, unless it's implemented in a way similar to how Bloo does it, where the words are in the creature's head and not projected onto others).

The idea for the regeneration and incarnations arose because personally I prefer to link all of the stories together, and having it as a creature that is born from a recurring gene in the Xenomorph species just fit that role.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I always thought it'd be a good idea for us to have a constant RPG thread in which its just all of us in a bar, Talking. It'd be a great way to explore characters outside of RPG's and would allow us to make/break bonds that can apply in RPG's. It could just be a slow thing but it may lead to some really interesting plots.

As for my character i was thinking less of the side of glorious hunter and more a clam level headed hunter with a mean streak. I don't really know to be honest, I just "Feel" him.

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 10 years ago

@ Skull Ripper:

You're hired...

@ Fire Hunter:

So you kind of see what I see, a lot of people tend to make their Yautja out to be Grade-A warriors with crazy-ass armour and backstories. Don't get me wrong I'm glad people are being diverse with appearance due to being from different backgrounds but I just figured it would be nice to have a not-so-out-there Yautja that was calm and collect as opposed to being a wild fire.

This being said NONE of you should change how you perceive your characters, they're all great and you should do as you please with it, that's what makes a good RPG.

But as for the Xeno factor with speaking to one another... yeah I don't picture a handful of Xenos playing a game of Euchre over some Herbal Tea and getting to know one another any time soon, they're monsters, they should act like them lol

@ Concrete Hunter:

I love it, maybe not all of us in a Bar so to speak but I get the idea. Maybe seperate like for the Humans, the "clans" can mingle amoungst each other by making it just that, a Bar or some get-together place neutral to "Factions/Clans".

Yautja it can simply be like a sparring rink or some neutral place (Bar-esque) on a Yautja Colonized planet or homeworld, neutral to all Clans (Or a Council Ship). (This would help with characters like mine with no definitive Clan).

As for Xenomorphs... y'all are screwed, I guess you could simply get together on LV-1204 somewhere, make it a cold dark valley that many Xenomorphs use to hibernate or something idk, not much "gettin to know one-another" you can do with a Xeno really...

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Having it in a bar would actually be really great. It wouldn't be completely serious, if at all, but we could still act in character.

It's hard to convince someone who's more used to the serious RPs of the site's "Golden Age," but things tend to be a lot more tongue-in-cheek now. That doesn't mean we aren't serious frm time to time, but...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

Can't speak for everyone, but I really like the idea.

Sounds fun to me, and yay, I'm now employed by a cool Canadian Yautja!

I didn't really say anything about my actual character, just how I came up with him, so here I go.

Little Timmy was born into a regular Yautja home, with a loving mass murdering father and a lovely never fully described in Canon mother who loved him and his siblings very much. He went on hunts with his father from a young age, and received his predator hound as a gift from his granddaddy for his love of the Hunt. He soon grew into a large and attractive young male that was good at hunting.

He is a noob and has much to learn still if he is to be the hunter he has the potential to be. He made a big mistake during a hunt and was forced to work to advance the technology of the Hunt for three years, just now being able to hunt again, though he spent his down time watching how others had failed from recordings so he know what not to do at least, he's also kind of in rut so he's horny and mean as well.

Edit: Oh yeah, his real name is Coldthrone, Skull ripper is just a nickname.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

Well, if it's that easy, I'll give it a go, even though I don't RP.

Little Jerry was born into a regular Hive home, with a loving mass murdering mother and a lovely never really described in canon praetorian who loved him and his siblings very much. He went on hunts with his huggers from a young age, and received his warrior status as a gift from his mommy for his love of spreading slime on the walls. He soon grew into a large and attractive young praetorian that was good at bashing his head against things.

He is a noob and has much to learn still if he is to be the hive protector he has the potential to be. He made a big mistake during an attack on the Queen and was forced to work to advance the hive for three years, just now being able to sit on his ass waiting again, though he spent his active time watching how other drones killed people in his stead so he knows how not to do anything at least, he's also kind of asexual so he bored and grumpy as well.

Edit: Oh yeah, his real name is Jermaine, he looks a bit like Jermaine Jackson.

ThePredator13, Yautja, 10 years ago

Well...uh where to begin.

Well in the beginning is was gonna go with a predator or xenomorph, but then I came to the crossroads of what I acutely wanted to do with either idea. Backstory wise both where fine, but at that point I really couldn't plot anything out. At first I swung back and forth before rolling up onto the idea of playing a human character. Now back then in my early rp days (Fun fact, this site is my first forum thingy) I came up with some crap out of the magic hat. Now moving on from that it was until when the rp when I started to realize the fact that I needed to make a change from what I started with. Just basics to be honest. So I developed the character a bit more. I gave him more onto the fact that he would a better character than the one I have originally intended. I knew I could never be on the levels of those who came before. So instead I kinda craved my own image from some ideas I had on the character. He was different from most marines in the way this guy hadn't done jack shit outside a simulator and yet was thrown into this command position. I tried to play off the fact that the guy was just trying his best to keep it together. He's a good sergeant and can lead, but has no field experience. I guess that's what I used to deference the character.

Just the fact that I wanted to show him struggling in a hostile environment not only trying to get everyone out alive, but to get the job done. He's not a prodigy or and expert, but a man out of his element. However I gave something going for him in the fact that he was a survivor and a last man standing kind of person. He's the kind of person who is as hard to kill as a cockroach and would tear your face off with his teeth if it meant getting his buddies out of harms way. The styling of how I wanted to make the character was very clean cut. He hasn't seen most of the things the vet's have seen and still has that young blood confidence so to speak. Either my whole idea of making him was making character you know would go by the saying "I'll always come back for more" meaning if you knock him down he's going to get right back up until he can't get back up anymore. Either way I tried to make him as human as possible, and I do have a lot of future plans for the character.

@CH: I'm down with the idea.

ciaosarah, Yautja, 10 years ago

He did not go into details. The cultural industry buy cheap nike free 5.0 shoes has since become a new growth point for the nike free 5.0 men's running shoes country's economic development. In 2012, the industry's nike free 5.0 running shoes nike free 5.0 men's running sneakers total output value exceeded 4 trillion yuan, with exports nike free 5.0 running sneakers of cultural products nike free 5.0 running shoes for men amounting to 21.73 billion nike free 5.0 mens U.S. dollars. nike free 5.0 trainer SURVIVAL nike free 5.0 sale STRUGGLE While private players have rushed nike free 5.0 shoes runnners to take a slice nike free 5.0 size 12 of the pie, many have not found nike free 5.0 size 13 it as tasty nike free 5.0 size 11 as it appears on the surface. "Lack nike free 5.0 size 10 of supervision on pricing and program quality has nike free 5.0 size 9 made it difficult for companies that really want to produce high-end programs to earn money," says Gong Maicheng, general manager of Yuyuan Cultural. In Gong's experience, audiences usually think high prices mean high quality; but without market supervision, this is not always the case. When the audience is cheated once, they are unlikely to return to a theater again.