skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

Its been here as long as I have, so around six months give or take, who knows how long it was there before I came. So is it stuff our members are selling or is it just bringing up Alien and Predator related ebays and the like?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

@CH: There's a wrong way to do this, and there's also a right way.

Everything I'm about to tell you is based off assumption. This will never work otherwise, so let's hope you meet these standards.

If you are a...

1. OFFENSIVE NATURE (+15 atk, -8 def, +20 motivation, +7 seductiveness, )

I'm assuming this is your base from which you're building on. It's a good nature because this game requires these stats for the most part, but it seems right now you're getting conflicted about certain things, mostly about how to be defensive while not wanting to kill your enemy. Don't worry, that's natural, especially if you haven't hit Level 30 (some call this middle-aged).

FIRST OF ALL, let's analyze the situation.

An OffNat like you is incredibly susceptible to players that use "Charm," which, by itself, already gives a temp. boost in the Seductiveness stat, but adding to the Attractive nature and the gender of your enemy, you've got a real son of a bitch. Don't EVEN get me started on the fact that she's obviously got a Double Ability active, using "Charm" in conjunction w/something like "Problem Dump" or "Deep Talk" at the same time, both of which are "Life"-type moves. This is gonna be fucking tough.

More likely than not, she's using "Deep Talk." Don't let the dumping of problems fool you - "Problem Dump" is 100% offensive while "Deep Talk" is a symbiotic health regain move, but they have the same exact Battle Animation. The difference is the slight change between DT and PD's sound files. "Deep Talk" sounds higher-pitched and more genuine while "Problem Dump" sounds bitchy and using. Be glad this isn't "Problem Dump."

Her active Double Ability is something you can't attack directly. She's an AttNat, so of course one of the active abilities will always be "Charm." Because she uses Charm in conjunction with another ability in the same move-type pool, she gets a boost in Special Offense, which some experts agree kills the Boner of any OffNat of the opposite gender if the user of the "Charm" + "Deep Talk" combo is an AttNat (which she is). Also because of her Attractive Nature, you can't flee the battle no matter how hard you try. It wouldn't matter if you COULD flee, because OffNats like you with a Seductiveness boost of +5 or higher (which you have) automatically attract both DefNats and AttNats.

Basically, it sucks to be you right now.

Luckily, she can't be much higher in level than you, and OffNats DO, in fact, have one resolution to go with, but it requires you to temporarily expend some Attack points for a boost in offensive "GTFO." Now, usually, Offensive players that use moves with the type "GTFO" will always kill their enemies because of the "GTFO"-type's infamous ability to directly attack any player's "Feelings" stat, but you're a special case. Because you've enabled "Ask for Advice," that automatically makes all of your "GTFO"-type moves a Double Type. The second type your "GTFO" moves gain is "Considerate of Others Feelings." This means your enemies will always have 10 HP left after a "GTFO" attack, and that's good in this case because that means her "Charm" will be nullified.

Now that you've got a good way to counter her "Charm," you have to find a way to counter "Deep Talk." Equip an item that allows you to use "Real Talk." This gives "GTFO"-type attacks a boost in effectiveness, and since your "GTFO" moves are now also "Considerate of Others Feelings," you can most likely stop her use of "Deep Talk" in as little moves as possible. Make no mistake - "Real Talk" is not the same as "Deep Talk," and most people confuse the two because they're basically the same kind of move. However, "Real Talk" is different in that it's an offensive move that boosts the user's Motivation and Defense stats. That's GOOD for you.

If she uses "Persistence," which boosts the user's Motivation and Offense, counter her with another "Real Talk," but not before using a little move I like to call "Anti-Advice." This move is Super Effective against AttNats that have "Deep Talk" in their move set because "Anti-Advice" is a Defensive move that allows the user to tell Attractive Nature players that they're not great receptors of "Life"-type moves. How is the fact that it's Super Effective a good thing if we want to keep her from becoming Fully Insulted? Well, if you use "Anti-Advice" in conjunction with "Real Talk," they become a Double Ability combo that allow you to NOT hurt the HP of the enemy player and instead DOUBLES the chance of all your moves success rates.

If she falls below 10 HP, refrain from using "Real Talk" + "Anti-Advice." They're no good for now. Good thing you have two more moves to use. Unfortunately, they have no boosts because they're outside an OffNate's type. FORTUNATELY, you CAN learn them. ...Even more unfortunately, they're moves your type hates:

1) "Deep Talk," which, as mentioned above, is a "Life"-type health regain move that drains the enemy's spirits if they're an OffNat. It's Super Effective against Offensive Natures and Sexual Natures, but it's neutral to Attractive Natures like her. Because she's Swedish in origin, you won't steal any of her HP. Basically, it's useless in all situations but this one. You only have to use "Deep Talk" in this battle because I know how much you don't want that. Using this move on an AttNat that's attracted to you will draw her in (because this is what she wants), but it will weaken her need to use the same move on you in the future because of the next move:

2) "Blunt Words," a move that you should only use in desperation. This does not mean you insult her. This means you are even more real than when you use "Real Talk," because, even then, "Real Talk" is not 100% successful. Blunt Words IS.

So far, your move set should look like this:

- REAL TALK (GTFO-type (added "Considerate"-type) | 150 attack | 75% Success Rate | 5/5 Uses Available)
- ANTI-ADVICE (GTFO-type | 95 defense | 50% Success Rate | 15/15 Uses Available)
- DEEP TALK (Life-type | 120 seduction | 95% Success Rate | 30/30 Uses Available)
- BLUNT WORDS (Dark-type | 200 attack | 100% Success Rate | 15/15 Uses Available)

After you use "Blunt Words," she should be down to 1 HP. After this, use "Real Talk" + "Anti-Advice." She should get the idea that you're more of a person to make her feel better by hanging out playing video games rather than having a deep talk.

Now, if none of this works, here's an alternative move set:

- BLUNT WORDS (Dark-type | 200 attack | 100% Success Rate | 15/15 Uses Available)
- FIRE BLAST (Fire-type | 150 attack | 75$ Success Rate | 5/5 Uses Available)
- HYPER BEAM (Normal-type | 150 attack | 50% Success Rate | 5/5 Uses Available)
- SHEER COLD (Ice-type | 250 attack | 25% Success Rate | 5/5/ Uses Available)

I think you know what to do with that.

Anyway, this is was copied from my guide to sex. I'm not exactly sure what the hell's even in here, but it seemed helpful.

Holy fuck Bloo.

I spent 40 fucking minutes writing that. It's not even helpful. I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

Entertaining a bunch of prepubescent nerds of course, what else?

XenoX27, Yautja, 10 years ago

Bloo, you seem to know what's going on in this forum and I.... do not, may I email you please?

^I wrote a really awesome reply to you but my internet fucked up, so instead of my trademark response, I'm going to give you a lame serious one.

My e-mail is [email protected]. We can exchange recipes.

@SR: This is what I live for. It's as exciting as injecting crack, or doing alcohol.

Man I /hate/ when that happens, and thank you /so/ so much :3

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Ok i followed that, But i tryed using real talk twice and it was super effective but only partially. Example.

Concretehunt uses Real Talk.

"I think we should talk less."

"Oh, ok."

Its super effective!

But then a few days later its back to "Im going to a club, Look at my costume :p" along side all that cute voice stuff on skype.

When i first met her i went into OffNat spec poking fun of the fact that shes a female streamer and does youtube. I would poke fun, Which pissed her off. Then i found out she was a major at the time in something i found interesting and i asked her about it, One thing leads to another and we're playing video games for 6 hours straight the following week.

So i was in OffNat spec and it worked really well, She then went into AttNat the second i was talking to her like a human being and i gained 10 rep points with her. She did use DeepTalk, Which was ineffective towards my OffNat as it just gave me 31 points in stress. During my normal day to day life i spend most of it thinking about the stuff she told me.

She then uses the ability Talk about sex which was countered by my Give legit advice about sex card that i won from previous encounters. She then got the debuff Get incredibly embarrassed that you just talked to a guy 3 years younger than you about your sex life, How embarrassing! -10 Charisma which gave me the buff Hot girl gave you details about her sex life, +10 Motivation, +20 Charisma

Im now going into DefNat so that i can get college work done, Im wondering if this is the right spec to go into as i do actually enjoy socializing with this girl. Her stream viewers like me because of my accent and she likes the fact that i treat her like a human being. Advice Bloo?

Tips and Tricks:

To get girls to like you, Treat them like people and don't be afraid to call them out on their bullshit.

Women are not machines that you put kindness coins into and out pops sex.

+30 to Testicular fortitude

Off-Topic thread 14: Concretehunt Internationally cockblocks himself.

WOOT

Edit: Dammit, I was at Hobby Lobby earlier today and almost bought a blank flag, I would totally have ConcreteHunt Internationally cockblocks himself as a flag.

Wait a minute SR, Im not Prepubescent!

But I'm probably the biggest nerd on this god damn website.

Good god, the Pokemon weirdness is confusing as fuck when I'm not the one coming up with it, and I regret making you go through my (probably more confusing) post.

Anyway, basically you like spending time with her, but you really hate the fact that she tells you about her problems. That's a hard one to figure out.

It's weird that I'm giving advice on an AVP forum, but if she's a good friend to you in general, then you should tough it out and see if you can't come to an understanding about the whole "don't talk to me about deep shit." Focusing on class is always good, but not if it puts a strain on your friendships. I know you already tried and she just went back to doing it, but trying again might not hurt as bad as you think.

If feelings for her are more on the romantic side, then there MIGHT be a problem. It'll be harder get her to stop talking to you about her problems, and you might just gravitate more and more toward outright avoiding her, like it sounds like you're already doing by going DefNat. I've never been in this specific situation, and I don't know you outside the site, so I can't really get into more detail without assuming a lot of stuff that might not be happening.

(I feel like I should talk to you guys outside the site, like I used to with members who are long gone. Should we all get Skype? I don't have one.)

I'm not prepubescent either, but there are a lot of them now it seems.

I'm pretty geeky with this shit but don't compare to the senior members in knowledge.

Yeah, Dave's such a NERD.

I've been meaning to get Skype and wouldn't mind actually talking to people beyond the text of the site.

In all honestly, I wouldn't mind it. I've known some of you for years, but I don't really KNOW you. I used to talk to people like Donut and Stalker a lot about random bullshit, and that made me feel a little closer to them.

Of course, now I don't even know them, but still.

Im 100% all for talking to you guys on skype, You can hit me up at Frankie.Headley.

Yes it is stupid me putting that out there, And i want all the younger members of the website to be incredibly cautious when considering talking to people on the internet outside a controlled environment such as this website. That being said.

I would bone her, But i don't have any romantic feelings for her. I enjoy the company of this woman, But i'm not her psychologist. Im happy with he whole "My dad is being a jerk" thing, but not everything. I will just see how things go, I went into DefNat by telling her i cant play for the next week as i have to do school work (Which is true). I'm happy to talk to her about private things, But alot of the issues she has with her life are issues similar to those I've had. This puts me in the position of wanting to be a good friend, But also trying to stop it from effecting my life outside of the friendship.

Its complicated to understand, And its a very hard situation for me to explain.

Anyway, We're all forgetting rule 3.

"Any life advice we give, Although it may seam intelligent or somewhat useful, Is purely speculation on the human condition. Although we may seam like we understand aspects of life, Our borderline autistic obsession with a franchise completely deludes us of real constructive advice." -Rule 3

Yay for Geeky nerds, I'm not prepubescent either just turned 21 last may actually. I hope to get to know you all better :)