DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

I think the appeal of zombies is that they look like people, but aren't. And Killing people is one of the greatest tabus of our society, so naturally something that looks like people but can be killed without remorse or negative consequences is extremely attractive. Plus, in fiction, humans are the top of the food chain no matter what sort of giant monster may come, because in the end we manage to contain it. Therefore an infection, be it of undeath or just mindlessness, that effectively turns humanity's great numbers from an advantage into a weakness, is our only possible natural predator. Nothing is scarier than having to fight yourself when you are the greatest power around. This is part of the appeal of Xenomorphs, too. The stronger the species that fight them, the stronger the Xenomorphs they hatch. Except for them, you can find the source, but for zombies it's usually impossible.

Also, my 2 kg of pizza just arrived. I shall feast.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

There's also the undeniably tempting "society is destroyed and so is my place of employment" aspect of most apocalypse movies. You don't have to go back to the DMV because the DMV was overrun by rampaging flesh-eaters. You don't have to deal with that asshole on the freeway because his brain's been eaten. There's a "tear it all down and start over" vibe. I mean, realistically it would suck after about a week (even leaving aside the death, destruction, and zombies, you'd run out of food, electricity, etc.) but that's why it's fiction.

That's what I liked about World War Z. It doesn't make it look like it would be a fun, adventure type of apocalypse.

ultimate-xeno, Yautja, 10 years ago

What's your favorite video game(s).

@Deathwraith: Yeah, the book was the same deal. Whales extinct, world population cut by half, whole countries completely fucked... It even went into some really interesting stuff, like people who have been living in the zombie-infested wilderness so long that they actually start acting like zombies.

There's a chapter where the main character interviews a 23 year-old whose parents got killed when she was very young, leaving her by herself in a world of zombies. She's functionally retarded by the time she's rescued, and there are lots of others like her.

There's also the armed militias that control sections of the country, and the mass starvations, and the fact that even once the 'war' is over, you can never go swimming because there's always the chance of there being zombies or pieces of zombies floating around.

The world got put back together, but anyone who lived through the war was in hell.

@Ultimate-Xeno: I still have a soft spot for Spyro the Dragon after all these years.

Well, let's see... I have a lot of favourites.

From the FPS genre, probably Half-Life.
Out of the open world action games, I think I enjoyed Prototype the most.
Out of the hack & slash adventure games I've played, I liked Legacy of Kain: Defiance and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within the most.
There are a lot of RPGs I can call my favourite, because the stories and the gameplay vary quite a bit between them. Among them are Fable: The Lost Chapters, Jade Empire, Mass Effect 1, Dragon Age: Origins, Divinity 2, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim...
Of racing games, Need For Speed: Most Wanted and TrackMania Sunrise are my favourites.
Even though I've played a lot of MMORPGs, none of them compared to World of Warcraft in terms of FUN.

These are all the ones I managed to remember that I could not imagine living without.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 10 years ago

So yeah, Tomorrow is my Birthday. Just letting you all know ahead of time so you can send the presents at the right time =)

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Oh shit, this calls for a cake, but since Gaunt's not around, I guess it's up to me...

...to tell you there isn't one.

@SR: I was gonna mention how they're also similar to Xenos, but DW already brought it up.

@UX: As far as FPS games, Half-Life 2, Fallout 3, Halo 4, and Portal are my favorites. Final Fantasy 9 and 10 are my favorite RPGs.

But Majora's Mask is probably my favorite game in general.

@DD: I never got around to reading the book even though I have a copy. I know I should, but...

Bloo, it is good as fuck. Read it.

EDIT: Now.

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

Mirai Nikki is officialy the best anime. It has boobs tho.

BUT STILL SO MUCH BLOOD

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 10 years ago

I don't know about you DH, but IS: Infinite Stratos is pretty good, but not as good as Date A Live.

And my favourite games...

Hmmmm...

Minecraft, after what happened today.

Long rant, actually not really a rant, just something I feel like sharing and it is probably stupid.

Alright, so today after school I went to my buddies house with some friends and I sat down on the Xbox and started to play Minecraft. Little did I know that the girl I like was going to grab the other controller and start playing with me. So I started a new world, set it too hard on survival and went at it.

Well anyways, long story short, we made probably one of the best home systems ever seen in Minecraft after I spent 2 hours teaching her how to play. Just absolutely amazing.

Oh, and I had some bacon today, so it was a great day.

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

SCREW YOU YANDRE PHYCO IS INFINTLY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

That does sound like a good day, I played Minecraft once and loved it.

My favorite games are as follows.

RTS: All the battle for middle-earth games, and I guess Halo wars.

FPS: All the Halo games, Rainbow: new los Vegas, AVP 2010, and that one COD game.

Fantasy games since they aren't really FPS: All the Lotr's games, Skyrim, Oblivion.

MMORPG: Warhammer online: Age of reckoning, I'm a cheap bastard, I only play the free never ending trial.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Bobobo Bobobobo will always be the best anime. Everyone knows that.

@DD: I'm going to read the shit out of it this weekend.

In all seriousness, it is really, really interesting.

zero-alpha, Yautja, 10 years ago

@UX- my all time favourite video game is Black Ops 2.

Well seems how i never posted my favorite games.

Halo reach
Halo 4
Black ops 2
The darkness 2
SKYRIM
NFS: most wanted
Mafia 2
Saints row the third
And modern warfare 2

Hey I was wondering if I am able to post in any of our clans topics.

Waralien, Yautja, 10 years ago

UX, you can post in our clan topics.

@Bloo if you like that anime you should watch The Bizarre Adventures of JoJo.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 10 years ago

No happy birthday today? I knew you guys for maybe two years.