The Thing vs Alien

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

How do they compare? And would a crossover work, in your opinion?

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I was legitimately just about to lock this topic thinking that the "Crossover Topics" rule was still in effect, although upon reading the rules it seems I was wrong. Although it may be that I didn't read them properly.

Either way, I think the Thing would probably end up killing the Alien, but the question that is asked from this is would the Thing be acid-proof? Because regardless of whether or not it kills the Alien, if it was to assimilate the Alien, would the acid flow through and burn up any other part of the Thing? Or what?

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Very interesting there, FireHunter

I cannot assimilate the xenomorph. It's coated in (inorganic) silicon.

I never saw that rule... I guess it's gone?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

If it's not there, it's an unwritten rule - any topic that's tried bringing up "WOULD SUPER SAIYAN 4 GOKU STAND A CAHANCE AGAINST A PREDATOR ??????" is instantly locked because they always devolve into stupid bullshit.

But this asking a different question, so I think it works.

Of all the crossovers that Aliens have suffered, I think The Thing has a lot of potential with the right writers.

It's probably becayse they're so similar yet different and new. Both of them are original and make sence together.

As long as theres no thingalien I'm good. Or alienthing. Nither work.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think (could be wrong) the rule for absorption is that it has to be either carbon-based, so I guess The Thing wouldn't be much of a danger to them individually, though it would make host collection a bitch.

Yeah...

That would be intresting, wouldn't it? I think circumstances matter here. If theres many people, xenos might win.

Oh, they both fear fire. Hehe.

What if... what if they just left each other alone?

The Thing can't assimilate a Xenomorph, and Xenomorphs only go after things that are hostile (which it theoretically won't be) or can be a host.

What if they just walked passed each other like two bears in a zoo?

That is the most likely outcome. Maybe.

So I was looking at some other fourm that had people yelling about the same subject, and they mentioned a facehugger had a polymer coating. Would they be capable of mimicing that? Then again, there is no garuntee that they are cells at all. Carbon =\ cells, right?

Anyway, if they did fight, I can imagine the xenos winning upon figuring out the thing's weakness. Plua, they work together, unlike the thing.

In short, this could be cool. But for the humans, on a 1-10 scale of how fucked are you, they're at 85.

I can't believe I'm quoting it, but...

"Whoever wins, we lose."

Pretty much.

Still, don't quote that disgrace to EVERYTHING.

Unless we have something new, i've got nothing else to say.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Though if the Thing had a human face somewhere on its body, would the facehuggers automatically go for it and end up spawning a regular xenomorph from the human body assimilated into the Thing or something like that? Which would result in the pieces of bone all forming into individual Things? It can go a lot of ways.

Here's a question for you: Black Goo vs. The Thing?

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Can we just have a Sticked Crossover Topic?

Aquaman Vs Predator, How about that?

Advantages of Goo:

Can be mutating host for over a day without discovery.
Mutant is strong, even compared to the thing.
Creates the massive Trilobite, like eggmorphing creates chestbusters.

Advantages of Thing:

Immune to all but massive damage (fire, electricity, acid)
Imitates host

Disadvantages of goo:

After a while, it will be noticed.
Not capable of same level regeneration as the thing.

Disadvantages of Thing

During morphing, the infector must be near them.
Easy to notice during infection.
Small Thing=little inteligence

There. Miss anything?

@FH: All depends on a Xeno's ability to know whether or not something is real. I know they can tell us apart from Synthetics, but the Thing would be able to mimic organs, right?

Something tells me there was an important scene in one of the Thing movies that explains that.

Yes , the thing can even mimic health defects. However, Aliens are hostile to everything. In adition, the thing could not trick them into facehugging it (thus leading it to the hive) because as soon as they detect danger they go hostile.

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

humans would be dead because of the xenos. then the thing comes in. even if the thing managed to kill alot of xenos,can it survive all the acid blood that comes on it? especially warriors are bad for it. if the thing does kill a warrior then it blows up with acid splattering all over the place.

raudpkumm, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Last Night I have seen Alien Movie. That's really interesting.

^ You're gonna have to try a little bit harder than that, brah.

Yeah, The Thing is the one other franchise that seems to be a spiritual cousin to Alien and/or Predator. Extraterrestrials got seriously badass for a while in the 80's.