Alien Queen

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

So how does a queen become a queen? I've heard theories that relate to the video game, where a 'simple' alien can evolve to a Queen status. I've also heard that a Queen is only possible by a Super Facehugger that can infect two people, one would later turn out to be an assistant to the queen, and the other would be a queen embryo. I also have questions on how long it takes to evolve for a queen chestbuster, why can't there be more than one queen at a time (I mean if they all have the power to evolve why dont they?), and what exactly is an Empress Queen? (I saw it on the site)

beast99, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

in games and online it saise only pratorians can do it. sorry dont know how to spell that. but in avp3 a normal alien 6 became a queen. that confused me.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

In canon, the only way shown is for the Queen to be born a Queen - no drone-morphing or Praetorians. Even the Super Facehugger didn't appear in the theatrical release (but I guess Word of God is that it exists).

In the extended universe, normal drones have shown the ability to potentially morph into a Queen (AVP3). There are also Praetorians that do the same (AVP 1 & 2, Extinction, etc).

Empresses are speculated to be a lot of things - either they're just older (and bigger) Queens, or they're entirely separate strains that act almost exactly the same. It's said that the Queen in AVP is an Empress because it's so much bigger than the Acheron Queen - the same is said about the white Matriarch from AVP3.

shockwave, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I dont know, mabye each universe has thier own way of how queens are made. I always thought it would be great if the normal aliens became a queen right away and preatorians just became king aliens, anyways agnor that opinion and I think the bet theory is basicly all of them! What if theres more than one way to make a queen.