Predator Ships

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Alright so this is more for all of you Predators out there.

PREDATOR-In Predator we saw some sort of spaceship come close to Earth then out came a drop ship containing the Predator, now to my knowledge that 'Main' ship actually comes from inside the Mother ship (In AvP we see this at the end).

PREDATOR 2-In Predator 2 we see the epic battle in the Predator ship between City Hunter and Lieutenant Harrigan. Now this is where I have some more questions...first off the ship interior is glowing this bright orange color, is there a reason for this (Like to enhance their vision onboard without a mask on). Next the walls have these crazy designs and I don't know if they are like Cave man and those designs actually tell the story of their hunts or clan or whatever (Also note the very ceremonially pillars and raised ceiling when they're fighting, plus the whole trophy wall). Lastly, I noted that they had traveled in this giant ass ship and parked it in a sewer (Or something), but the thing is that this 'giant ass ship' very closely resembles the design of the ship from Predator, except the ship in Predator didn't actually land on Earth, so is there a reason this one did? (Maybe its a clan thing, something we didn't see in the original).

PREDATORS-In Predators we saw a ship at the very end. This ship seemed more 'chubby' (Don't know if that's the right word) because the nose was so more puffed out and the ship just seemed like it gained weight from the original design. Also I saw that it had two engines on the side that could actually turn downwards to propel itself up, then the engines could turn again and allow it to move straight.

Alien vs. Predator-In AvP we saw the first Mother ship, and I have to be honest I think that was one of the coolest things that I saw in that movie. In the film we see that the Mother Ship contains a huge amount of Predators (Don't know exact number) and also contains another smaller ship in the center (Like the one we saw in Predator) we also saw that it had a giant laser that could penetrate Earths crust from space, and could cloak while moving silently (When we see her fly over the construction crew). In the beginning, we saw the drop pods with more detail than the first film gave us, seeing the markings inside the ship and the way they land.

Alien vs. Predator: Requiem-Ok, so in AvP: R we saw where the first film left off, but then we went into more detail about the ship. We see that the Predators have contained facehuggers, and that the trophy wall on their ship was way bigger than in Predator 2 (They had multiple human, alien, and dinosaur skulls...not to mention a Queen as well). Also, in this one we are exposed to a rather dark and dull interior of the ship, where as in Predator 2 it was glowing this orange 'tribal' color, so to speak. I also thought it was more machinery, or technical than the one in Predator 2 (There was a lot more exposed pipes and it just looked like a ship from the Aliens franchise). Later, we saw Wolf take off in this one man craft that (My guess) was coming from the Predators home world (Or maybe that clans world).

Anything you guys noted on the Predator ships, or something different about them that I missed?

(My favorite ship was from AvP, just because it contained all those Predators and one extra ship)

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The ship interior is glowing this bright orange color, is there a reason for this?

Yautja Prime is a forest/swamp world. So i would assume the lighting is to match the home world as much as possible for comfort.

Anything you guys noted on the Predator ships, or something different about them that I missed?

In the RPG's i always forget how the Yautja ship looks in Predator 2. Thanks for reminding me, I always portrayed the ships like they were in AvP. But i much prefer the more organic and "Alien" look of the ships in Predator 2.

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Yeah the whole Predator 2 design really was just cool, they colors they chose were perfect