skull_ripper, Human, 10 years ago

You tore it apart with logic! Damn you!!!

But I meant Dragon-like reptiles, not necessarily even the same type of animal from one version to another. And I take it as a great insult to my intelligence that you compared it to fiction as if my brain is just dried putty. I do not think they could talk or anything, and they are possible in a physiological way unlike Satyrs or fawns, but I think that animals that looked similar to the fictional depictions of dragons probably existed. I know you didn't mean to insult me or anything so I'm not taking it personally because it wasn't your intent to do so.

-Bloo-, Human, 10 years ago

Not to mention the biggest difference - Asian dragons are associated more with WATER, not fire.

Fire's pretty big with Asian dragons now, but I can't help but think that's only because of people's misconception that all dragons breathe fire.

concretehunter, Human, 10 years ago

SR may i point you to something in Norse culture that is often spoken of in lots of languages.

Trolls. Trolls have never been recorded to exist. We have no evidence of trolls.

We have 0 evidence of dragons, Most of the time its just a way of making the protagonist seam stronger. What sounds better.

"Yo my uncle dave killed a bear with a sword once"

Or

"Yo my uncle dave took a sword and killed an 80ft tall fire breathing lizard thing that the elders call dragons."

I dunno, man. Uncle Dave killing a bear sounds pretty fucking badass to me.

Also,

"Trolls"
"Dave"
"Swords"

I...

Nevermind, I was just saying something in response Rampages thing.

Edit: Oh my god I just saw the light, not really I still believe in the possibility of dragons.

Edit 2#: I saw an interesting film version of Beowulf where Grendel was very human looking, sort of like a neaderthal but taller.

tawganator, Human, 10 years ago

I like the idea that some mythology has its roots in truth. And also how far away nations can have similar creatures that would be considerd by most people as just monster stories. I really want to talk about this more but I cant be bothered getting into arguments with skeptics that have the same mentality as creationists in that fact is fact and there is no room for inturpritation. When it comes to mythology and basicaly anything pre world communication is that you cant take everything at face value and must allow for the possability of what your reading is someone elses perspective from a different time. Whos history has been past down in stories and had limited knowledge of the world beyond his area. Anything new would be interpreted as the closest thing he may of heard of. Such as a crocadile or large snake being mistaken for a dragon by someone who has never seen one before.

Going back over the last 50 thousand years ago we had megafauna and many other creatures we do not have today. Creatures that would be told through stories over the generations getting embelished and even completely changed. From giant flesh eating birds to creatures from the deep there are many stories.

If you want to find legendary monsters then you must be willing to allow your interpritation to be more flexable and follow the trail until the very end.

I agree with you on this.

Dronehive, Human, 10 years ago

@Bloo

Lets have inside jokes. Also, how did that happen.

(Also apperently Jade dated Davesprite based on the new updates. OMG.)

@DH: Nah dude, that's old news. She said so way back when they were watching Con Air on the ship.

But goddamn, I forgot how excited I was to see Dave and Dirk finally talk...

...and they DIDN'T.

tawganator, Human, 10 years ago

Anyone ever just looked at those deep see creatures and just gone "What the fuck is that?"? Because I have and still do. There is some shit down there that would make you belive monsters and aliens are real. The creepiest and weirdest things in the world are down there and they are scarey. If I were to be so inclined as to post all the shit down there that scared me. I would be arrested for attempted murder.

DeathWraith, Human, 10 years ago

>There is some shit down there that would make you belive monsters and aliens are real.

Mostly because "monsters" are just big scary things that you didn't know about until you first saw them and because aliens are actually inspired from some of the shot down there.

FireHunter, Human, 10 years ago

As much as I'd like to believe that Dragons are (or were) real, I think that the stories were more likely made up by some macho dude who freaked out when he saw a lizard and when he came running back shitting his pants he lied and said he saw something that was spitting fire and it ate people and stuff, and then when they sent the knights out to kill it this guy bribed them into saying he was right.

But Chinese Dragons are an Impossible Creatures session in real life, so that's cool, I guess.

FireHunter, Human, 10 years ago

Impossible Creatures was legitimately my favourite game ever. Shame that I lost it.

DeathWraith, Human, 10 years ago

Baby I wish I could get one chance to zip up the fly at the back of your pants, cause I'd do it right. Yeah, I'd do it right.

My brother bought me Halo 4 as a birthday present a few days ago, Its a really fun game. I was skeptical about it after hearing reviews and such but I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it is, Its like playing all the good aspects of all the Halo games rolled up into one really fun game with a good length Campaign, I am pleased by this game my friends, very pleased.

Edit: No I have not had a birthday or anything, not until October.

concretehunter, Human, 10 years ago

The thing about dragons is they are PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

Especially the Chinese ones.

DarkLioness, Human, 10 years ago

Ok I think I might get on XBOX LIVE today, not sure I have to test the WiFi first. However, if any of you log in and it says that "PsycoSabertooth" is online then send me an invite.

All dragons are impossible. Except for Bearded Dragons.

Deathdrop, Human, 10 years ago

@SR: Sorry if that came off as condescending; wasn't my intention at all. I wasn't implying you thought fictional things were real, just that stories through many different cultures don't necessarily equate evidence.

I'm willing to buy the idea of some ancient European guy finding some dinosaur fossils are going "shit, I better stay out of this part of the forest," but any actual creature seems unlikely.

I could also buy some starving peasant eating the wrong mushrooms and getting into a fight with a snake, which could get you some dragons right quick.

@SR: Halo 4 is actually one of the better games I've played in a while, especially online. Most bad reviews I've seen are written by people who just don't like Halo, or are too caught up in the Halo 3/Reach days.