Deathdrop, Human, 10 years ago

@Bloo: I always figured it was just a different version. The Godzilla movies have never been particularly strong on continuity, so it's easy enough to explain the Final Wars version as "Earth 2 GINO" or something.

I've just realized 99% of the site has no fucking clue what we're talking about.

-Bloo-, Human, 10 years ago

Yeah, this shit is harder to place into a timeline than the Zelda series (which actually has a timeline now, thank god).

And I like to think that too - I mean, he even had is own goddamn Mechagodzilla. Like, how the hell are you kill him off like a bitch when that fact makes him legit? (Ok, that Mechagodzilla was his mom from the '98 movie, but wasn't that how the newest Mechagodzilla worked, too? Resurrected Godzilla bones or some shit?) It must have been a different version, but part of me just sort of knows it's the same Zilla.

...Yeah, I'm starting to see how much sense this doesn't make to other people. I really hope all the future Godzilla movies condense all the good stuff into a short 5-film timeline that actually makes sense.

How do you explain the Marvel Godzilla series where he throws down with the Avengers?

skull_ripper, Human, 10 years ago

^Are you for real? Does that shit really exist.

I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the newest movie, Samuel Jackson shows up and says, "He's not ready.

Not yet."

Edit: Wait, is the Legendary movie taking place in Japan, or New York? 'Cause if it's New York:

"We just went through this bullshit TWO GODDAMN YEARS AGO."

@Skull-ripper: It did, and it was awesome.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/79/GodzillaComics_23.jpg/200px-GodzillaComics_23.jpg

@Bloo: That's the weird part-nobody seems to know where the hell this thing is set. It's probably a good idea to avoid Tokyo and New York just for variety's sake, but it won't make for a very exciting movie if Godzilla attacks rural Alabama...

Actually, scratch that, that would be amazing.

Holy shit, that's... Wow, just wow. I think Hulk could beat Godzilla, maybe beta-ray bill.

He took a direct hit from Thor's hammer and kept coming, so...

DarkLioness, Human, 10 years ago

Speaking of rual areas, in Final Wars Kumonga destroyed a trailer somewhere in Arizona.

As long as that rural area isn't my backyard I'm good.

@DL: That's about as badass as Kumonga's ever gonna get.

@DD: Yeah, I'd actually like for it to take place in all sorts of different areas. I'm really curious as to what the hell they've got planned for him - do we even know who's fighting? If there's another monster at all? I really want a badass "realistic" version of Space Godzilla.

DarkLioness, Human, 10 years ago

Bryan Cranston is going to be in the new Godzilla film.

This could be very interesting indeed.

Oh and it's July 4th now. So...how many of you can use fireworks right now?

krio, Human, 10 years ago

not me.

my profile pic is haunted by many creatures.

shockwave, Human, 10 years ago

Deathdrop and concrete hunter page 6@Godzilla is a great movie nomatter what bull shit comes out of your mouths, no one insults godzilla, so you take that back. The only thing I hate about cloverfeild was the camera.....Godzilla more badass then any of us bitches!!!

edit:Krio@ FBI!? WTF !? That makes no sense at all.

krio, Human, 10 years ago

fbi will come for you shockwave.

this is not a trick

a trick is a motherfucker giving money to his bitches

this is a warning.

@Shockwave: Are you... are you talking about the '98 movie?

shockwave, Human, 10 years ago

No the upcoming 2014 one, you know...the japanese one....even so I still dont recomend saying one more insult about godzilla thats going to piss me off, just letting every one know(grabs cheesecake, a chair, a small coke, and waits for a challenger) Yum -_-

Rampage, Human, 10 years ago

I saw World War Z

But I'm going to be a dick and not talk about it ;)

concretehunter, Human, 10 years ago

It's probably for the better, People hate spoilers.

"No the upcoming 2014 one, you know...the japanese one....even so I still dont recomend saying one more insult about godzilla thats going to piss me off, just letting every one know(grabs cheesecake, a chair, a small coke, and waits for a challenger) Yum -_-"

I don't mean to be that "challenger," but this is the second memorable time I've seen you do this: you tell people not to "challenge you," and then you immediately try and provoke a response. The first time was when you told DH to stop "harassing" you by wording your request like an insult, which you KNOW would have had him cuss you out (or continue the argument at the very least) if I wasn't there to intervene.

It might just be your choice of words, I dunno. I know you're not a bad kid.

By the way, DD never bad mouthed Godzilla. If anything, he's probably a bigger fan than me.