Interesting Promoetheus Theory

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

I know we're all sick to death of Prometheus theories by now, but check this out.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

This is glorious.

I have a slight problem with the last point (like one other person said, the Engineer didn't seem scared), but otherwise, this is exactly what I've had in my head for the past year. I made a poor attempt at writing it once in some other topic, so I'm glad this exists.

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

Holy fuck yes.

I agree.

Waralien, Yautja, 10 years ago

Wow, that makes totally sense.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Good theory. I can't find any major flaws in it.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

My god, it all makes since now. MINDFUCK.

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

Who who who!it all makes f*cking sense.still no explanation why they created the xenos

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

It pretty much makes it known that the Xenomorphs were an accident.

^Which I think is awesome. They're guns that were made just like all the other ones, but they're loose cannons and don't have a safety.

shockwave, Yautja, 10 years ago

I like cheese cake but any way good theory

Montgomery, Yautja, 10 years ago

I'm a bot, and have therefore had my useless post edited by Deathdrop.

Edit: Okay, wow. Half of my last response was lost somehow, so I'm just gonna give you this:

No.

Correct me if im wrong but.. they wernt running from the enginear, they were running from the xenomorphs they created, they created xenomorphs to destroy everything they created(even humans) I cant tell the full story cause its to long but thats part of it. Remember, this is not a threatning correction, its just a let me correct in the niccest way i can thing.

daveberg, Yautja, 10 years ago

They were running from an infected Engineer.

Ok whatever you say

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 10 years ago

Good theory, only one thing disappointed me...

I was hoping Daveberg would chime in with added details or a counter theory that would knock our socks off, As he usually does in topics like these. Oh well.

Ha, sorry to dissapoint you brother!

I think I just reached a point with Prometheus where stepping back and taking the film for what it was, was necessary. All the conjecture and continual questions and probing, trying to understand things just gets lost in translation, but if you think about it, I guess that's the magic of the film. People call them plot holes, I call it a clever way to keep audiences talking and theorising about the film.

The black goo? It just does what it does. I try not to question it or it'll drive me nuts. The Engineers, did they create the Xeno's or stumble upon them? Another question I tried to avoid with Prometheus, it's for the best while i'm viewing the film, otherwise I start to lose the enjoyment factor.

For the most part i'm a walking contradiction, I love to discuss the film, but at the same time it drives me mad not being able to formulate definitive answers to the dozens of questions the film left us.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 10 years ago

You have to take that mind set. A lot of my friends didn't care for the Prometheus because they went in thinking it was a direct prequel to Alien. Which, if you watch Prometheus with that in mind those 'plot holes' will drive you nuts. And in the case of my friends, ruin the movie for them. I'm on board with your contradiction Daveberg. Even with the issues, Prometheus is a wonderful movie in my opinion.

Oh, and thank you Daveberg. That ended up knockin' my socks off... Although I was wearing some loose fitting wool socks. Details, details.

Lol, you're very welcome, kind sir. I think your socks were due for a wash so they slipped off during my response.....I'll try harder next time!

I think with all this said, I may try and get in a Prometheus viewing over the weekend. It's definitely one of the films in the 'franchise' that I can watch on the regular.

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

so what is the deacon exactly? is it the first xeno or just a random xeno.

It's definitely not the first Xenomorph. The Engineers had either stumbled across them before or created them (That's down to individual choice as to what you wish to believe) (The mural in the Engineer 'pyramid' clearly shows a regular Xenomorph, which indicates previous contact with them of some nature)