why did the engineers create the xenos?

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

i ask this because what i see in that movie is not engineers creating aliens.how the first alien came:

1.a guy got infected by black goo.

2.the guy impregnated a woman.

3.the woman gives birth to a super facehugger.probly the one we see in:alien 3 the gun

4.the facehugger impregnates a engineer.

5.the first ever xeno is born.

where in the movie is it said that the engineers created xenos?

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

That black gloo they created ,accidentally, led to the unexpected xenemorph, thats why their ship was wiped out....or so i think.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

According to the original script, Xenos and the Prometheus alien (deacon) are "cousins". They were created intentionally as bio-weapons against humanity.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The Derelict in Alien was definitely transporting the Xenomorph eggs as weapons, just as the ship in Prometheus was transporting the urns.

Prometheus makes it unclear just how long they've been using Xenomorphs as weapons and when they decided to replace the black liquid with eggs since there's such a short time frame between Prometheus and Alien, and it's not even a Xenomorph that comes out of the Engineer.

Then again, the ship in Prometheus was thousands of years old AND inactive - this Deacon was an isolated incident and probably wasn't the first of its kind.

The Derelict, however, may have been active for a much longer time before its pilot unfortunately turned into a host. Xenomorph eggs may have become a standard by this time. The Space Jockey may have landed on a then-remote planet (LV-426) because he knew he was going to die, which is why it looks like he settled into his chair and had his suit morph into it.

Why he didn't contact anyone about his infection is also a big mystery. He was either the only crew member aboard the ship... or the only one left. (An Engineer-recreation of the first film is what I'm talking about.)

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I like to think that they're jealous of our ability to get a tan, think about it.

Black ship
Black bio weapon
"Hot" alien blood

They just want to catch some rays but we're making them uncomfortable.

HunkGenetic, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

the engineers think that we are the toys of them I will never be the toys of war of them.

What...

No.

_________

I like the idea of two factions of Engineers...
Could the deacon be a weapon against themselves?

Hunk are you Brazilian?

HunkGenetic, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

yes I am Brazilian

Olá! Eu estou usando um tradutor. Você costura para estar postando comentários como se você está no personagem, Este é um problema para os outros membros do site. Temos uma área especial para postagem como um personagem!

http://www.avpuniverse.com/rpg/

Em que seção postar fingir ser caracteres, no fórum nós não. Nós publicamos como normal. Isto inclui falar sobre os filmes, o enredo dos filmes e outras coisas. Nós também postar sobre qualquer coisa que quisermos no segmento Off-topic.

Nós apreciate sua atividade. Eu também apreciate o fato de que o Inglês não é o teu idioma primeiro. Por favor, perdoe o meu brasileira mal traduzido!

A twist no one saw coming: CH is a literal alien.

Was that in bad taste? ...Nah.

Google translate FTW!

so they created them by accident?

@BLOO

why isn't that a xenomorph?it came out of the engineer from a facehugger.so it is a xenomorph.

xenos can come out of everything....even predators!

No, it isn't. I came from the trilobite, a similar yet distinctive creature. The deacon is a cousin of the xeno. Anyway, protomorphs look different than the deacon. Your logic is invalid.

I know Facehuggers can latch on to almost anything, but that clearly wasn't a Facehugger.

It's heavily implied (with evidence, even) that it was a chestburster that emerged from the Engineer in Alien. Strangely, his dead Facehugger was nowhere to be found, if I'm recalling that right. In other words, his chest was the only affected area. The Deacon, however, split the entire goddamn body.

I was going to make an argument about how Deacons and Xenos even emerge differently from their hosts, but the Dogalien in Alien 3 made a similar entrance in both cuts of the movie. It's unexplained in-universe why the Dogalien came out so big, but one possible explanation for the Oxalien doing the same was that it simply couldn't get out until it was further along in its developed. This might be good for the Dogalien too, I don't remember how big its chestburster was compared to the dog.

Whether or not this is also plausible for the Deacon is up to you. I personally don't think so - the Dogalien had to struggle to to get out while the Deacon came out smoothly and naturally.

On another note,I hope the Deacon is as (if not more) dangerous as a Xenomorph. They obviously couldn't contain it, so it either is more dangerous or easier to spread.

Also, the black liquid, as it creates a trilobite, seems like the deleted egg-building scene in Alien. Its effects mimic those of royal jelly.