Aliens Colonial marines: Let's talk WARNING SPOILERS MAY BE HERE

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Alright I have made this topic to discuss the game. We can discuss the game weapon locations easter eggs and anything else you wanna share

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Get to the derelict - shoot the Engineer in the head and wait for the magic......

Also - be on the look out in the derelict for Fifield's 'pups' from Prometheus - they whizzed passed me several times.

Mebber, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

There is also a hidden room with colored alien-eastereggs in mission 2, a giant rolling donut in mission 6 and the clothes from that funny little chestburster from spacesballs in mission 7.

The special weapons are easy to find, they appear on your motion tracker. Vasquez Smartgun is the best - what a shame you can't keep smartguns in your inventory.

Blizzard, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Damm it I was going to make this thread
So what did you guys think of the story ?
ps colorful alien eggs ? how did I miss that

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I finally had a chance to finish my first playthrough on Sunday. With my opinion of its flaws firmly established, I can honestly say I really enjoyed it, though the ending seemed... sudden. Which I guess is a good thing; that means I actually wanted more. This game deserves a proper sequel. Maybe a new movie?

Anyway, was it just me, or did anyone else shit their pants during the Raven level?

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Wait, a giant dounut?

ThePredator13, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Yep, a rolling giant donut, and you are not alone Bloo...damn the first time the Raven popped through the floor was my scared shitless moment for the day.

Not even just the Raven. Having to stand still while one of the Boilers walked literally just inches away from you was hell.

I hate it when all three somehow surround you... its that oh god moment.... and then trying to get through that broken door and then having to weild all the doors shut or the Raven would make cambell's chunky out of you. Yeah those were some of my pluse pounding moments in the campain.

I have still yet to get this game but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the dounut part. Why...is there a dounut in the game?

-shrugs- I have no clue, all I know is that its a giant rolling donut.

Blizzard, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

WHere is this famous giant donut
also on which level should I shoot the derelic head ?

Level eight (for shooting the head) and level seven for the donut.

Maybe this weekend I'll have time to check out some of these easter eggs. The most I saw was the red map things that were floating everywhere throughout the Derelict.

It was also pretty cool walking around Hadley's Hope and seeing the dead Facehugger in Newt's room.

So what's is this Raven thing? A type of Xenomorph that jumps out of nowhere with no warning?

You could always look it up on Xenopedia, but... I think it's best for you to just encounter the thing on your own.

Alright.

Although it does sound like something you don't wanna meet.

shockwave, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

When i went into the engineer ship thing. I saw the same red glowy things from Prometheus flying right past me a lot . Also, if you go into the ship again the second time, shooting the engineers head wont work again.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Dude what...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Raven was the new "Queen". Mutations everywhere. Raven=Magenta. Game over man, game over!

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I always thought the Raven was just in the process of becoming a Praetorian since all the signs were there (including hostility toward its own hive), but I guess by extension that means a new Queen eventually too.

gamefreak33797, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I just thought it was maybe the Jockey alien, that is why half its face was a skull.