Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Forum

Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Register or login to post
WolfThePredator
2013-04-05 06:45:08
Yautja
You dudes are awesome! You made xenomorphs look cool
The fight begun would not end until the end
ThePredator13
2013-04-07 23:15:59
Yautja
Hey Bloo can't I ask a favor of you? I want to know if you could possibly draw my character when you get some time next month or so, I'll have a discription of my marine up soon, so if you could do that for me I'd really be grateful.
-Bloo-
2013-04-08 15:55:28
Xenomorph
Sure thing, man. Next month's list will be a lot longer than this month.

Edit: So that you aren't completely in the dark, I have in fact been doing a lot of sketching whenever I can - in between classes, waiting for shuttles, during breaks from practice/rehearsal - But, again, most of it's practice or concepts that I could potentially use for this project and not actual character designs.

This past week all I've been doing is sketching different ways to draw people. Do you guys wanna see a more realistically-porportioned style in the face or would you be fine if I kept with my current style (which I guess for reference could be compared to what you see in Twilight Princess or Avatar)?

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

WolfThePredator
2013-04-08 17:02:51
Yautja
Hey bloo, did you draw on the Microsoft or pencil and paper? And tell me how you did the head for the xenomorph
FireHunter
2013-04-14 02:27:56
Xenomorph
Daveberg is the creeping, eerie terror like the first Alien, and FireHunter is more like a Berserker from Gears of War.. Two very different kinds of fear. I can imagine somebody running into a room to escape FireHunter and the Daveberg just leans down from the shadows and they don't even know he's there until it's too late for them to run. Gives me the heebie-jeebies.

And yeah, I'm referring to my character in third person, because I'm very different to my character in real life.
-Bloo-
2013-04-14 15:31:44
Xenomorph
^I love that everyone's picking up on that even when all I have to show you is his rough sketch. He's a slender, conniving monster rather than the tank that your character is - I think it's a nice contrast between the leaders of The Hive.

@Wolf: All of my sketches are done on an iPad with the SketchBook Pro app, but I smooth them out and color them on my computer with Photoshop CS5.

Early on in this project when I wanted to get it anatomically correct, I just sort of drew them while looking at reference images. Then I moved on to looking at different types of Xeno heads, and eventually I just knew the shapes and placements of the things you see. Sometimes I mix and match certain characteristics.

I start out by making the basic shape of the dome. It doesn't have to be perfect, it's just a guideline. If you noticed, the front of the Xeno's head is actually sort of bumpy rather than completely smooth (unless you're looking at the modern designs). You can look at it however you want to, but this small bump (the forehead) combined with the long banana-shaped curve of the rest of the head is shaped exactly like dick and balls.

One of the most defining characteristics of a Xeno's face is its large cheeks because they form that subtle yet incredibly creepy smile it always has. Also notice that the side of its mouth barely has that "ripped flesh" look to it - a lot of people put way too much emphasis in making the sides of its mouth all messed up. And it's fine, it's a good look, but I prefer the more human-looking mouth, which seems to have been retconned in newer material (the blu-ray discs of Alien and Aliens show the original Xenos with the ripped flesh mouths rather than the subtle smiles).

WolfThePredator
2013-04-14 16:16:40
Yautja
Oh that's cool bloo mostly I did pencil and paper than Windows paint to do it
DeathWraith
2013-04-17 06:09:45
Xenomorph
I've always tried to draw the lower jaw as if the skin was transparent and you could see the actual muscles and tendons involved in moving it, never thought of it as "ripped flesh".

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
WolfThePredator
2013-04-17 07:28:01
Yautja
It's a pain in the ass to draw the body since it has an exoskeleton
-Bloo-
2013-04-17 12:23:55
Xenomorph
@DW: That's actually how Giger's drone looks on the Alien Anthology cover, I think.

Edit: Nevermind, it still looks like ripped flesh. I like how its mouth looks more monstrous there, but again, I've always liked the creepy little amile a little more.

@Wolf: Yeah, I've never once bothered to get the entire body 100% correct. I know where most of the definining characteristics are, but usually I just mix and match from every Xeno design I've practiced drawing.

WolfThePredator
2013-04-17 14:18:08
Yautja
I know right bloo and sorry for calling you a dork dorks to me are cool in my way. And i usually just don't bother coloring my drawings i just draw it and do it on microsoft paint i shade it to make it like it's in a shadow and for my xenos they are a little cartoony but i manage to get the head.
-Bloo-
2013-04-17 16:10:38
Xenomorph
The next two weeks are gonna be hell. No new stuff till the first week of May. Sorry, guys.

@Wolf: What? You called me a DORK?

Why the FUCK would you ever think that's okay? Do you kiss your mother with those lips? Would you kiss YOURSELF with those lips? My grandmother was a dork, and she spent her ENTIRE GODDAMN LIFE in pain because of people like you who throw the word around like it's NOTHING. GodDAMN it, I'm tearing up. Do you see what you've done? I'd call YOU a dork but I'm a decent person and I wouldn't utter such slander in front of ANY decent community of folks, much less an esteemed group of well established citizens who PRIDE themselves on being above such revolting slurs of the tongue.

FUCK.

Do you want to know the worst part of my grandma's life? Do you?

NO.

FUCKING.

RIDGES.

Register or login to post

Predator Comics

dish network riley kansas
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners