-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

I thought the same. It's a good, small moment to humanize him - like, he listens to music just like everyone else.

Admittedly, this is only a "humanizing" moment because of how I'm portraying him: as a mostly stoic and mysterious person who's known to be extremely blunt and/or sarcastic with someone he doesn't particularly like (almost every high-ranking military officer or politician, which, at first, includes TDN, Peterson, Stalker, and PREDATORv2). To most people it seems like he hates people in general, but he spends a lot of time helping new DBO soldiers settle into their jobs as if they're his family. (It's not his intention to play favorites, but he develops a close relationship with a few soldiers, like Lucifer, and the main character).

Despite his initially mysterious aura, he actually has a big presence even when he's not around, which I guess is the reason behind that mysterious atmosphere - by the beginning of the story, he's a living legend.

And what I have in mind is actually really similar to what you just wrote. Even the whole cloning thing - the point in which he sacrifices himself has to do with completely destroying his mind (which leaves him unable to come back), because a Queen (or another strong Xenomorph) is trying to "hack" into his head through its Hive Mind ability. This leaves DBO without a leader, his 2nd-in-command is nowhere to be found, and it's just a big mess.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

All I want is for FireHunter to be portrayed as terrifying and dangerous, and that's kind of already a given. I'm really looking forward to this!

You'll probably be the most terrifying thing in the story. You, Dave, and Praetorian.

I spent a long time developing a "legit" way to keep your reincarnation and regeneration, too.

I'm definitely glad to hear that, man!

The reincarnation thing was something I only introduced as a way to have all the RPGs I've participated in have a timeline, and to even out the odds when The Hive only had two or three members participating at once. Although I'm glad you're keeping it for the story, I can't wait to see how it pans out.

Definitely. And it's fine, it wasn't a hassle. It was a good way to develop the Engineer/Giger side of the whole thing.

Developing a plausible explanation for your regeneration is the reason a lot of the fantasy elements (the Engineer tech, the Gigeresque monsters) work realistically, actually. Well, "realistic" within the context of the film canon. Prometheus introduced new monsters and fantastical tech, I'm just going off that.

For example... the biggest thing is Xenos and Engineer tech being made of particle-wave matter rather than true organic material. It's the what lends to their biomechanical aesthetic. So, that's pretty big.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Particle-wave matter is absolutely terrifying bloo.

Asolutely
Terrifying.

huehuehuehuehuehuehueATfieldsyayhuehuehuehuehue

@DH: OK, since you mentioned Instrumentality coming from NGE, I wanna clarify that Instrumentality is just a working title. It's supposed to let you know what my biggest influence is, but it's way to spoilerific to be the real title.

The actual title is "The Atomist." I haven't changed it yet because... I dunno, I'll probably change it when I update in December.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Sorry then :).

I just wanted everyone to know that its gonna be somewhat similar to The Atomist.

Also, keep up the good work and maybe get on Skype someday lol.

WELL... they share inspiration, but mine isn't "NGE if it were in the AVP universe." Not anymore, at least. I scrapped all the crossover stuff months ago (the whole thing underwent - and is still going through - major changes in writing) and decided to keep only the basic elements from each franchise I'm drawing inspiration from.

If I kept it the way it was going, it would have been a contrived, overblown mess that was too far up its own ass to resemble anything that wasn't a steaming pile of shit. But that's why we have multiple drafts, and that's why, unless someone specifically asks about a certain part of the story, I won't make story updates anymore until the actual thing gets started. SO, Art Crap is literally just gonna be that - a bunch of art and no other information.

The current story is... it's much more "quiet" than "epic" now. The scope of the thing in general is still pretty big and there's still plenty of action (I can't wait to do Peterson + DD vs FH), but for the most part, the tone isn't very loud because most of it focuses on the relationship between a group of 9 people (think of Vietnam novels) and how they react to each other and to the world around them, rather than focusing on the world itself. My biggest problem before was that I was putting all the references and technology before the story, like a bad video game.

I'd be lying if I said I still wasn't putting a bunch of references in here (this world can't function without Ghosts and Cyber Bodies, which are a big part of the conflict, and Insrumentality is still a major thing), but yeah.

@DW: I did the test for some of my characters and the one that's the leader of a DBO group is also an ENTJ. I wonder if ENTJs get along. I should read that whole article.

What's also surprising is most of the main characters came out as extroverts.

DW, Mebber, Peterson, FH, Dave, I wanna confirm some things:

@DW: I know Xeuss is an ENTJ, so it's amazing how well my version of him fits that. But how does he speak? I assume he speaks formally, but at the same time his words and speeches are always tongue-in-cheek; his delivery is always strong but it's always more monotone than emotionally expressive; and I always imagine him with a stern and unchanging facial expression, the same as the one I drew (if you remember it).

He has the respect of the general public and of the DBO, but many politicians and other world leaders don't particularly like him. At the same time, they know he's one of the best people in his field, which is why he hasn't been kicked out, or whatever. Does that all seem right? I know it's supposed to be my own interpretation of Xeuss, but I wanna make sure it's one you at least approve of.

@Mebber: Your character is serious all the time, right? Your profile doesn't have anything under BIO DATA right now, but I think I remember reading that your character is very professional, and maybe emotionally distant? Or does he sometimes joke around - maybe he's not that strict or uptight? I don't know, but it'd be cool if you talked to me about this so I don't get your character wrong.

@Peterson: Your character's always been really gung ho in the RPGs. Or, he's just very vocal about his need to get shit done, so I'm portraying him like that. My version of Peterson is a tall and buff guy that's very strict on the job, but he's till friendly.

He's kind but he's not a pushover, and he doesn't like the idea of criminals working with the government - a lot of DBO members are rehabilitated criminals and mercenaries, so he's constantly at odds with Xeuss (Death Wraith's character). Also, he speaks his mind and is a loud guy. Is that right?

@FH: OK, long story short, Predaliens don't come from Predators in my story - normal Xenos come out of everything no matter what the host is. Instead, Predaliens are only born when a Predator is impregnated with a Deacon. So, Firehunter is a Deacon. Otherwise, FH is exactly the same as I've shown you so far. Is that cool?

FH's personality is loud and brutish, and he doesn't care if he hurts other Xenos as long as he kills his target. Still, he's intelligent and isn't just a mindless Tank. Do you have anything to add, or is this right?

@Dave: Just like with FH, your guy is a Deacon that's matured to the Warrior stage. Your character is the opposite of FH; he's silent, skinny, incredibly intelligent, and he never outright attacks. However, he's probably the best fighter - even better than FH - if it comes to a skirmish. Also, his appearance is exactly the same as I've already shown you. Anything else, or is that good with you?

I wish TDN was here, he'd be a big help.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Oh shit sorry, I hadn't noticed these replies at all, I'll read and reply.

EDIT: Well, I'm not sure how much the situations would compare, because my Xeuss was quite the opposite of yours in social standing. He was not very formal at all in his way of speaking, even the ship-wide cautionary announcements would be at least a bit sarcastic. He was indeed not the type to chill with the guys and girls and enjoy a friendly sparring match, mostly because he didn't think any of them could be a challenge. He had two friend with whom he wasn't at all formal or silent, but he didn't talk much to the others unless he was giving them orders. He was a pirate though, there were no ranks on his ship, so he would be as formal as a pirate ship captain when giving orders. This is why I say that I don't know how much my Xeuss's style would fit in your environment. Anyway, from what the site says, ENTJs would get along quite well since they only like people who are on their level. I mean Xeuss actually cloned himself for a sparring match instead of accepting challenges from anyone else, remember?

Everything sounds good to me, Bloo! Hitting the nail more or less on the head with how FireHunter is as a character.

Funnily enough there's a game coming out that I've been looking at, and the first monster revealed in the game reminds me so much of my character it almost made me laugh;

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/2kgames/evolve/goliath/large/evolve_-_goliath.jpg

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Can i ask what personality you'd give Concrete?

@FH: Nice, then I'm close to being done with your guy's development, then. And is it just me, or is that just a beefed up Berserker Predator...

@CH: Hmm, skill wise, I guess my CH is the "Mario" of the 7 Elders.

By which I mean, he's really good at everything, but he's not the best at anything in particular. Still, he's special because of his "royal" status, and because of his relatively young age compared to the other 6, he's a lot more active on the field rather than behind the scenes, mostly because he hates making really huge decisions that might have negative longterm effects. He only received his Elder status a few days before the Predator homeworld (and his clan's government) went to shit, so while he knows his duties, he has far less experience in being an Elder than everyone else, which secretly makes him... jealous, or maybe frustrated, if jealous isn't the right word.

He doesn't know what to think of the humans. He just doesn't attack them because he's fiercely loyal to Doc and Pv2, who want to protect humans (not for the sake of protecting them, but for the sake of not letting the Engineers win). CH has taken a liking to the younger Elders like DD Jr and Wolf (Cory), but initially, he's on bad or neutral terms with the really old guys, Stalker and Black Warrior.

Other things about CH's personality: He's a fast thinker, making him perfect for field missions the other Elders don't want to go on. On the outside, he displays a lot of energy, which I guess makes him an extrovert. He never bothered to learn any human languages, so he uses a translator. He enjoys being active and often hunts when he's got free time, which none of the other Elders do. He's quick to take action, and he's not initially open to new ideas (although he will warm up to them in the future if he thinks about them long enough).

The biggest thing is that he's obsessed with tradition because, as an Elder that belongs to the same family that descended from Cetanu, it's his duty to conserve and protect the true ways of his culture - thus, growing up, he's been conditioned to think and act like an Elder would have thousands of years before his time. (Other clans' definition of "Elder" have evolved and the old way is disappearing, so yeah.)

However, being one of the youngest Elders ever, he doesn't necessarily agree with the thoughts of his forefathers. He wants to be free to believe in his own beliefs without being ridiculed for it, and so his character arc is about him overcoming family ties; it's about him keeping certain parts of tradition because HE wants to, not because it's what others think is proper of him.

CH was actually supposed to be a Bad Blood - same with DD. They were both kicked out of their clans; DD for being an "illegitimate family member," and CH for "being a disgrace."

@DW: I could see how they could still be the same person though. Hmm, maybe when he's not dealing with the general public/politicians/etc, he's informal in the way he speaks. Not because he's fake, but because he doesn't feel like being friendly with people he doesn't respect.

I mean, even when he is formal, he'd still manage to get in a sarcastic comment or quip since, like I said, he's always tongue in cheek - mostly because he doesn't respect a lot of politicians, military leaders, or people in general. The few he does get a long with are people he sought to meet himself. In other words, I guess his closest colleagues or friends aren't people he met by accident. Even then, I don't think he has any real friends during my story. Lucifer is dead at the beginning. Actually, his death sets up the beginning.

Anyway, my Xeuss has lived for centuries by this point, so your pirate backstory can probably fit no problem. The DBO in my story is a very recent creation... like, it's probably only 12 years old by the beginning of the story. The DBO's young age, together with the fact that he's not fond of a lot of people, is also the reason why my DBO is really small compared to groups like Alpha Draconis.

About ENTJs getting along - I don't remember the cloning thing, but that's good since the one who takes over Lucifer's position is the ENTJ character I was talking about.

You see one thing i never envisioned Concrete having was friends. He's by no means a super edgy lone wolf, But due to his strong bloodline he's a tad isolated from his peers due to being associated with nobility.

Concrete has noone in his league, He's the youngest elder ever to exist and one of the greatest hunters ever to have lived. How can i justify this claim?

We've established before that Concrete comes from an important bloodline, Which gives him a slight genetic advantage over his peers. We also have to consider what he's achieved for his age, Concrete is an elder. A right reserved to only a select few hunters. Only the strongest and wisest living hunters are allowed to be elders. And he's the youngest elder ever to exist. This means Concrete is really good at what he does, Possibly one of the best ever. He lacks some of the knowledge of the other Elders, which makes him bitter.

You see due to his "nobility" Concrete was raised with strong traditional yautja, He's PAINFULLY honorable. He drinks, But nobody wants to drink with a pure-blood. The stigma is that pure-bloods are stuck-ups. Concrete isn't, He generally doesn't care.

He spends most his time hunting or in religions, He drinks with other elders/clan-leaders but nothing more than an "office social" relationship. The only thing close he has to a real friendship is the rivalry he has with DD.

I cant think of much else to say right now so ill post more later when it comes to mind

Oh wow, I guess I was pretty close then. Good.

And by "not the best at anything," I should have mentioned that this is strictly between he and the other 6 Elders, simply because of his inexperience. I mean, he's not the absolute best of the best... but he's still there among the best. There are only about 11-15 other Predators that are better than him at fighting/etc, but not many others are so well rounded as he is.

Also, I'm thinking that even though his purple blood type definitely gives him an advantage, it's not like it's carrying him. There are others with his blood type that aren't that great; some Purple Bloods are lower in skill than Green Bloods.

Ofcourse, He's well rounded. And i was talking relative to the predator Population, Compared to his fellow elders he isn't the best fighter. Also his bloodline is more a status thing than anything.

Edit: Concrete is strictly a good hunter, Other yautja are good warriors. CH is a good warrior, But nowhere close to being the best. I would take a gamble and say he's the best HUNTER of the elders, But not in terms of combat. This leads to other elders who are Warriors aswell as hunters (DD) having a disposition towards CH.

We had a good discussion about your character the other day. Feel free to message me anything you wanna add, even if I'm not online.

@SR: I feel like I've neglected your character. Do you want me to portray him exactly the way you've written him? I'll try to find your old posts so I can make my own version of him that'll fit.

Edit: Well, that was easy. I feel like you wrote more than this, though.

Edit: Oh yeah, you did write more in your actual profile. It's a lot different from the guy I had, so I'll scrap mine and use yours. I didn't have much anyway.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 8 years ago

Bloo... Moar info pls?