Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Forum

Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Register or login to post
-Bloo-
2014-06-25 18:51:09
Xenomorph
Shit, I've done it so much that I guess I just do it through reflex or whatever. But you're right.

And hey man, a lot of the stuff on your blog is really entertaining. I admittedly haven't checked it out in a while, but every time I do, I love reading it. It'd be really cool to see your own (seriously written) Alien or Predator-related story.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

DeathWraith
2014-08-31 08:20:06
Xenomorph
Ayyyy Bloo, my clan leader, you think there's some way you could include like a scene where Xeuss is listening to Another One Bites The Dust?

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
-Bloo-
2014-09-01 16:48:50
Xenomorph
Yeah, sure. Did you have a specific scene/circumstances in mind, or is it just a random thing you want to happen whenever?

By the way, all you guys can give me suggestions like that. You want your character to have a specific trait, a favorite song/food/weapon/etc, a dead family member, a pet (that you can even design yourself)? That's fine with me, details like that can be inserted easily.

I also already have a basic story that all of your RPG characters are gonna follow (based on what I've read in our past RPGs). You can ask me what exactly your character's gonna end up doing in the long run (for example, Peterson and Deathdrop eventually fight Fire Hunter, Doc's gonna fight Dave, TDN and Xeuss sacrifice themselves at some point, etc). If you don't like it, we can change it.

DeathWraith
2014-09-01 19:06:55
Xenomorph
I'd just like it as a reference to my Xeuss' story. Personally, I'm imagining a scene where someone goes to talk to him to his quarters or something and they find him listening to it.

For my Xeuss it was a theme song because once he got his hands on the cloning technology (that had been used to both bring back Ripley and create the super soldiers in her image) and integrated it into the ship, he stopped trying to survive missions and just concentrated on doing what was needed, knowing he'd be cloned either from his remains or from a piece of himself that he had left behind before starting the mission. Sure, in the latter scenario, he wouldn't remember the mission, but he wouldn't need to, most of the time. The song fits for most of the story for my Xeuss, from how he became the only one of his kind (sure there were other hybrids, but none were the same human-xenomorph percentage as himself, so they weren't a species together, just similar) and was hunted by the humans for whom he had volunteered to become Xeuss, then became the hunter himself, to his ultimate power over death itself by removing the need not to die.

So you know, when I listen to it, I remember my Xeuss and I'd like it to be inserted as a reference.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
-Bloo-
2014-09-01 23:17:41
Xenomorph
I thought the same. It's a good, small moment to humanize him - like, he listens to music just like everyone else.

Admittedly, this is only a "humanizing" moment because of how I'm portraying him: as a mostly stoic and mysterious person who's known to be extremely blunt and/or sarcastic with someone he doesn't particularly like (almost every high-ranking military officer or politician, which, at first, includes TDN, Peterson, Stalker, and PREDATORv2). To most people it seems like he hates people in general, but he spends a lot of time helping new DBO soldiers settle into their jobs as if they're his family. (It's not his intention to play favorites, but he develops a close relationship with a few soldiers, like Lucifer, and the main character).

Despite his initially mysterious aura, he actually has a big presence even when he's not around, which I guess is the reason behind that mysterious atmosphere - by the beginning of the story, he's a living legend.

And what I have in mind is actually really similar to what you just wrote. Even the whole cloning thing - the point in which he sacrifices himself has to do with completely destroying his mind (which leaves him unable to come back), because a Queen (or another strong Xenomorph) is trying to "hack" into his head through its Hive Mind ability. This leaves DBO without a leader, his 2nd-in-command is nowhere to be found, and it's just a big mess.

FireHunter
2014-09-04 02:15:46
Xenomorph
All I want is for FireHunter to be portrayed as terrifying and dangerous, and that's kind of already a given. I'm really looking forward to this!
-Bloo-
2014-09-04 23:58:44
Xenomorph
You'll probably be the most terrifying thing in the story. You, Dave, and Praetorian.

I spent a long time developing a "legit" way to keep your reincarnation and regeneration, too.

FireHunter
2014-09-05 03:37:01
Xenomorph
I'm definitely glad to hear that, man!

The reincarnation thing was something I only introduced as a way to have all the RPGs I've participated in have a timeline, and to even out the odds when The Hive only had two or three members participating at once. Although I'm glad you're keeping it for the story, I can't wait to see how it pans out.
-Bloo-
2014-09-05 13:22:52
Xenomorph
Definitely. And it's fine, it wasn't a hassle. It was a good way to develop the Engineer/Giger side of the whole thing.

Developing a plausible explanation for your regeneration is the reason a lot of the fantasy elements (the Engineer tech, the Gigeresque monsters) work realistically, actually. Well, "realistic" within the context of the film canon. Prometheus introduced new monsters and fantastical tech, I'm just going off that.

For example... the biggest thing is Xenos and Engineer tech being made of particle-wave matter rather than true organic material. It's the what lends to their biomechanical aesthetic. So, that's pretty big.

Dronehive
2014-09-06 17:38:22
Xenomorph
Particle-wave matter is absolutely terrifying bloo.

Asolutely
Terrifying.

huehuehuehuehuehuehueATfieldsyayhuehuehuehuehue
-Bloo-
2014-09-11 00:36:21
Xenomorph
@DH: OK, since you mentioned Instrumentality coming from NGE, I wanna clarify that Instrumentality is just a working title. It's supposed to let you know what my biggest influence is, but it's way to spoilerific to be the real title.

The actual title is "The Atomist." I haven't changed it yet because... I dunno, I'll probably change it when I update in December.

Dronehive
2014-09-11 07:35:41
Xenomorph
Sorry then :).

I just wanted everyone to know that its gonna be somewhat similar to The Atomist.

Also, keep up the good work and maybe get on Skype someday lol.
Register or login to post

Alien Figure

dish network riverton kansas
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners