Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Forum

Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Register or login to post
-Bloo-
2014-02-28 01:08:47
Xenomorph
"It's so different from any AVP stuff we've seen before, and it mythologizes our RPG characters in a really cool way."

I'm really glad you think so. I've gotten similar comments from a few other members, so I'm excited to be doing this.

ANYWAY, I think I'm gonna have to read that Batman comic sometime. And maybe dig into other Morrison stories while I'm at it...

---

I totally forgot to mention that all the Predators and Engineers "jumped" into our Attractor Field/universe at the same time. It's just that some of them somehow ended up at different points in our history. I dunno, bad luck or something.

I think it's a good time to mention that those 10 Predators who got stuck in the past were Otang, K20A2, Celtic-102, TopDogg, Graf, Mishmuf, Swift Spear, a Predator that would become the Elder in Predator 2, and two children that would become Jungle Hunter and City Hunter.

In my story, Jungle Hunter actually modeled himself after The Doctor, who he would always hear about while growing up.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

skull_ripper
2014-02-28 18:32:28
Yautja
^ Wow, I just read everything from after my question to now and just... wow.

My idea had to do with mythology actually and Predators being seen as Gods and such, I was working on a armor design for a Predator and sort of came out with Poseidon as a Predator. I dunno, it was more involved and cool sounding before but I forgot a lot of it.

It was basically a lot of ancient lost civilizations being the ones influenced by the Super Predators(with ancient Egypt and the Mayans and such being influenced by the mainstream Predators), and when the fighting broke out between the regular Predators and the Super Predators they took the cultures with them, or in cases like Atlantis sank their asses for what they perceived as heresy.

Edit: Also I had the idea that dragons were brought to Earth by Predators to hunt(since they seem to enjoy using the planet as a hunting ground), who from a distance in their shiny metal armor with their spears would look kind of like knights with lances. These are just things that pop into my head while I dust, so they might be completely ridiculous, I dunno.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
concretehunter
2014-02-28 21:40:37
Yautja
"who from a distance in their shiny metal armor with their spears would look kind of like knights with lances"

That is so badass its actually perfect.

Infact when thinking about traditional nights vs dragons, It reminds me a lot of when i was 5 years old. When you're raised in England you are fed stories about local dragons, Mine was the Lyminster Knucker dragon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuckerhole

Basically there was this dragon that was bumming out the village, So a night kicked his ass and got the princess's hand in marriage. (Guy even has a Tombstone)

I can only imagine how much cooler the story would be if the night was a crab faced extraterrestrial demon.
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

-Bloo-
2014-02-28 22:08:16
Xenomorph
I am including "physical" gods, but in my rewrite of Predator culture, all the Gods and Goddesses like Paya and Cetanu are actual Predators that are just considered legendary. I could always work things like Atlantis and the Tunguska event into the story, but I'm not sure how yet.

A lot of Gods and Goddesses ARE Super Predators, like Stalker and Black Warrior. Many Badbloods are Super Predators as well. The Seven Headed Dragon clan is in a civil war with the Badbloods.

The fighting actually started because an Engineer (through an anonymous message of some kind) persuaded some of the Elders that humans will eventually turn into Engineers. Some Elders argue that the humans need to die out while they're still powerless. Elders like The Doctor and Pv2 argue that humans have already been nurtured into a better society and won't ever turn evil. 20 years before the story, the Elders release black liquid monsters into the human continent, The Doctor rebels and forms the SHD, etc, etc.

You and I have a similar idea with dragons, but it was the Engineers that placed them in our Attractor Field, not the Predators. Around 50 or so dragons were dropped into our universe and even less made it to Earth. On top of that, all of them died around the 16th century, and even then there were only 2-5 at that time. Dragons were the intelligent species of their Attractor Field, so some of them could learn to talk, which lends to the idea that they were magical. And yeah, some of them WERE hunted by Predators, so the "knight" story is spot on.

I do have a monster called the Three-Eyed Dragon, but they're Black Liquid Weapons that aren't native to any planet, and they don't look like mythological dragons at all apart from having wings. "Natural" TEDs are really small since they're the adult form of the Hammerpedes from Prometheus.

There are larger "unnatural" variants, but they're much stronger and they're not made from worms. Well... not JUST worms.

skull_ripper
2014-03-01 02:59:46
Yautja
^ Aw cool!

@Concrete: That's awesome dude, that was probably the coolest Wikipedia article I've read in quite some time. Have you ever seen the Slayer's Slab before?

¯_(ツ)_/¯
-Bloo-
2014-03-01 04:19:24
Xenomorph
@CH: One of my characters is from England... I could probably work this in.

It's funny because the character in mind was actually already fascinated with dragons before we had this discussion, but now I have an excuse for her fascination.

Her Forum Name is actually Man O' War (after the ships), so the fact that a Knucker is a water dragon is even cooler.

concretehunter
2014-03-01 09:34:07
Yautja
ITS LIKE A PUZZLE
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

-Bloo-
2014-03-01 16:06:46
Xenomorph
I think it'd be nice for real people to see these little nostalgic details, to help them identify with the characters more. I want to avoid stereotypes, but things like "this British girl grew up hearing about the Knucker" are good.

concretehunter
2014-03-02 14:45:28
Yautja
British culture is hard to explain if you don't live here, Just tell me where she's from in the UK and ill explain it.
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

-Bloo-
2014-03-02 16:28:26
Xenomorph
If she grew up with the legend of the Dragon Slayer, she'd probably be born somewhere in Sussex, England, right? If so, let's go with that.

[trivial stuff] Actually, she WOULD have been born in modern Sussex (or whatever's correct) if she was alive today, but in her time (3500s or something), all these places technically don't exist anymore, so she was born in a place that was only named after Sussex.

The 90,000 survivors of The Invasion of 2200 were all relocated to Australia. The land was terraformed and the continent was expanded - a gigantic 300+ meter barrier of Hard Light was formed around the continent to guard against The Hive. (There's more to this, obviously, but I wanna get that out of the way.)

They then rebuilt the world and society evolved for 1000+ years. So the issue is this: The UK of 3500 is not the UK of 2014.

That said, about a century before the story begins, people started readopting the cultural/societal norms of their ancestors in some weird Renaissance way. For a while, every kind of era coexisted with each other through fashion and the media, and it was a really weird time. By the time of the story proper, things have settled to look like the 2010s-2090s, but with advanced societal norms and things like Hard Light. Cultures have also settled into a similar state to what they were when The Invasion happened, since humanity wants to "take back what was lost."

This would result in my British character growing up in a similar way that you might have. [/trivial]

...So, I guess explaining all that was kind of useless. BUT, it helped me flesh some stuff out, so whatever.

---

Edit: Making some big adjustments to the main characters, and this one become slightly more important.

Dronehive
2014-03-03 22:26:59
Xenomorph
^So If they just went through a "renaissance" of sorts, does this mean they are entering an "industrial revolution", especially with the tech of the DBO? What is the most important INVENTION, not rediscovery, of these future humans?
-Bloo-
2014-03-04 05:07:47
Xenomorph
I think the most important invention they've come up with is Hard Light.

You can "sculpt" it to almost any shape and it can be modded to take the aesthetic appearance of anything (like video games skins for characters or items). It's as common in this future as wood, metal and plastic are in our time.

The one thing that you cannot do with it (not because it's forbidden, but because it's impossible) is create organic material - in other words, you can't create animals or humans, or plants or food. Any gelatinous materials or plushy things can't be properly emulated as well, so it's limited to hard materials.

It was first developed because of scarce resources, and it had a relatively innocent use. When the monsters found their way on the continent, Xeuss weaponized it.

It's important to the story because the Engineers have it mastered to the point where they began creating nearly-organic material with it. It explains their weird biomechanical aesthetic, it explains why they all look the same, and it also explains the origin of the technology that eventually became the black goo.

Register or login to post

Alien Vs Predator Games

Dish Network Virginia
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners