Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Forum

Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Register or login to post
Deathdrop
2013-11-08 09:08:19
Yautja
@CH: I TOLD YOU THAT IN CONFIDENCE.
-Bloo-
2013-11-29 23:25:33
Xenomorph
DW, did your character have red or green eyes?

(Also, off-topic: When I start up Steam, it doesn't even bring up the log-in box, it just skips straight to the "Cannot connect to Steam" message. I feel like a grandma trying to use Word.)

Edit: I found my old sketch (the one you approved of, except for the eyebrows), and it has green eyes, so it looks like I guessed right. Let me know if you want it different, though.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

DeathWraith
2013-11-30 06:28:28
Xenomorph
I think gray eyes, but I don't really remember. I might just be saying gray because it's a cliche, but you know. If you want to make them green, then make them green, it doesn't really matter. Make them whatever colour you like.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
-Bloo-
2013-12-01 01:27:55
Xenomorph
Made them green, it stood out more than gray but wasn't as distracting as red (and there are too many characters with red eyes anyway).

Anyway, I'm working on Xeno head-shots now. There are 7 types (Numbers 1, 2, 4 and 5 will use the same base).

1) Giger Drone
2) Aliens Warrior
3) Alien 3 Runner (smooth, ridged, Isejin)
4) ACM Warrior (taller dome spikes)
5) AVP3 Praetorians
6) Aliens Queen
7) Empresses

Once Christmas break starts, I'm planning on going crazy on these like I have been this Thanksgiving break.

Further along the line (most likely next year), I hope to show you guys the 7 Empresses, each with a completely unique design. You've already seen one around 10 pages back, which is that blue/white Queen-looking thing.

Some of you wanted me to post the Drone now, but I want to show all of them off at once. I hope you don't mind.

-Bloo-
2013-12-02 05:14:21
Xenomorph
I just found out about something called RWBY, which is anime-influenced, has 4 girls as its main characters (two of which are a redhead and blonde), and revolves around things called "Shadow Creatures." They are one group of a monster-hunting organization. The redhead is the main character, and she's named after a red gem (ruby). A black-haired girl wields a katana and is only half human. The blonde wields guns.

My project is anime-influenced, has 4 girls as its main characters (two of which are a redhead and blonde), and revolves around Xenomorphs, otherwise known as "Shadow Serpents." They are one group of a military branch that hunts mutated animals. The redhead is the main character, and her screen name is named after a red gem (Philosopher's Stone). A black-haired girl wields a katana and isn't human. The blonde is a pilot, which means she uses big guns.

The latter is going to be run by one guy with Photoshop and a drawing tablet. The former is run by fucking Rooster Teeth.

...Fuck. Me. Hard.

This is probably the point where anyone else would just quit life, but I'm gonna go ahead and just not give a fuck about originality anymore. I keep running into things that are exactly like what I came up with, so I... I just don't care anymore.

Sorry, that was just a dumb rant and not an update at all. I'll get back to drawing/writing now.

DeathWraith
2013-12-02 06:02:59
Xenomorph
RWBY is pretty shit in my opinion, though. I mean, the lines and voice acting are horrible.

READ THE RULES

concretehunter
2013-12-02 09:23:00
Yautja
I fucking loved the Blood Gulch Chronicles of RvB and really like RoosterTeeth's podcast, But I'n all honesty RWBY is terrible. It's poorly written, Poorly stylized and poorly acted. The voice acting is terrible.

Roosterteeth used to actually be cool, Now they're just a bunch of 20 somethings fucking around in offices while the original guys make a shit ton of money.

Tl;Dr The concepts differ enough for it to not even matter. I mean seriously, How many Anime's have 4 main girls with colour differences and different attributes?
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

-Bloo-
2013-12-02 14:06:03
Xenomorph
I still haven't seen it, so I'll reserve judgement for whenever I do, but yeah now that you mention it, I just thought of 3 other anime off the top of my head that use the same basic set-up (all girl cast, differing colors, special tools, main character is pink/red/brown haired with a blonde in the mix, etc).

Honestly, sleeping on it made me feel a lot better, but thanks.

-Bloo-
2013-12-03 22:16:57
Xenomorph
Short questions regarding your characters' histories/appearances:

- DD, I'm making Deathdrop Jr a prominent character. Is it cool to call DD Sr "Deathgaze," to make it easier to differentiate between the two?

- DW, does it matter what nationality Xeuss is (I was planning on making it unknown), or should I make him Romanian?

- Did TDN ever say what "TDN" stands for?

- I think I read somewhere that K20A2 was involved in some kind of family trouble or something, which is why he doesn't post anymore. Would it be okay to say his character was killed off, or would that be disrespectful?

- None of the young Xeno members will appear more than once. To compensate, I'm making everyone under level 60 an Alpha Male for one of the 50 Queens. Is that alright?

Deathdrop
2013-12-03 22:19:02
Yautja
Yeah, that's fine. It would get confusing to have two characters with the same name.
DeathWraith
2013-12-04 04:50:13
Xenomorph
Yeah, you can leave it unknown, but if you needed to elaborate on his human past at some point, I'd say he's of Slavic descent and born in Canada. Please remember that Slavic does NOT mean Romanian because Romanians are Latin and so is the language. Don't be like Louis, who couldn't understand the "Slavic" words a woman was saying in a village in Transylvania, even though they probably sounded a lot like French.

Anyway, in my version of the XEUSS story, he couldn't remember a lot about the time from before he was cloned, just the memories that were fresh in his mind, so he didn't actually know anything about his human origin other than what the name XEUSS told him.

READ THE RULES

-Bloo-
2013-12-04 16:36:00
Xenomorph
That makes me wonder, do you guys have certain details about your characters that you haven't written into the RPGs/Character threads, or are the past RPGs good enough sources to go by?

Like, I know your guys' histories and all that, and I have a basic sense of what you're like from the RPGs, but I still feel like I'm gonna get characterization wrong.

Because of the history I've given DD, he's a sarcastic assshole with a (deeply hidden) heart of gold, as much as a Predator can be that.

As for XEUSS, I actually took the memory loss into account, but because it's been a really long time since he was "turned" (hundreds of years), he regained a lot of it back before the beginning of the story, which has turned him into a bitter and distant person. This contrasts with the fact that he's actually around people a lot, giving speeches and making public appearances because of his status as the leader of (arguably) the most important branch of the military, other than AD.

If you DO you wanna tell me more about him, by all means, do it. I'll change his story to however you like.

DD, if you wanna hear what I have about YOUR character, let me know. I really want to know what you think of what I have, not only because it's your character but because, well, you're a writer.

Register or login to post

Predator Comics

dish network pretty prairie kansas
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners