-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I've been working on a bunch sketches, though it's nothing I want to upload due to all of it being a mess of random human studies.

And while I'm not doing those, I'm constantly working on how I want to lay this all out. Since there's a lot of you, I was thinking about dividing you all up into either species or clan. It's been a lot harder than I expected, and I feel like it shouldn't be.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Well depending on what you're doing, Make prominent member of the website have more defining characteristics, And newer yet still involved people have the same general model yet different coloration and size.

Xenotor, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I am making a request.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Love the art man.

@CH: That's actually something I'm seriously considering. At first I thought it'd be unfair to new members, but how many of those actually stuck around? Older members are more deserving of distinct character designs since they stuck around and were a memorable part of the forum's history.

That's not to say some newer members don't deserve it either, but for the most part, I think this'll help me achieve my deadline of August.

gamefreak33797, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Wait, do I count as a newer member?

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Just going to revive this thread for easier future reference. Bloo, I'd suggest doing a size-comparison chart of the currently finished drawings, for reference in RPGs if not anything else. I think a lot of people underestimate exactly how large our characters are.

I'll be sure to work on that. I know I've been quiet the past momth, but I've honestly been working almost nonstop on this, and within the next two weeks I'll have another update.

Edit: Update coming up soon, but not today. I'm just finalizing and editing things.

For now, here's a few things:

- There are a shit load of humans drawn (or, at least, their faces are).
- Some Predators, too. Masks only.
- No new Xenos for now. Almost everyone that will have a completely unique design is already done. Everyone else will either just have different colors and/or a choice of different types (Warrior, Runner, etc).

I hope you guys don't mind that I've since switched from drawing digitally to sketching on printer paper. For sketching, I'm a lot more comfortable doing it traditionally. Final line art and coloring will still be done in Photoshop, but the designs I'm gonna upload are all pencil sketches.

Also, a very, very long explanation will come with the next post.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Is this that explanation...

I wish I could draw xenomorphs like you Bloo.

Anyways

I HAVE EXITEMENT!

ThePredator13, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

@Bloo: Can't wait for the new sketches.

@DH: I see what you did there....

I'm about ready to post the update, I just need to sort out all the html codes I have in place (which I may have gone overboard with this time), not to mention the fact that I haven't actually uploaded any of my drawings yet.

But it's really close. Looking back on this, I should have probably updated periodically rather than save a shit load of it for later, but it's close.

Things I'll be doing for sure:

- Change the Thread's title
- Completely edit the OP

Edit: A lot of these drawings are really sketchy because they're in pencil, but I won't delay them any longer because it's been a month since my last update.

I suggest a name change to "Bloo's magical drawing emporium"

beast99, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Cant wait to your sketches bloo

^Don't hold your breath. I looked at some of the older ones yesterday and I'm not impressed with them - good thing we can always change them later, though.

@CH: Or "Blue is not a creative color!"

These drawings might bloo me away.

Sorry. Just post them already.

I know this is last minute in addition to my lateness, but I'm rearranging the way my information is being presented by using tables (like in my profile) rather than big blocks of text, which means a lot more lines of HTML to rearrange. It IS time consuming, but it'll make the most important things short and sweet.

Edit: Alright, I guess you guess deserve this. First, here's proof that I'm actually doing something (converting the info in the first image to the second as a table):
screen2_zpsaf08118a.png
screen1_zpsa7c9e094.png

And here are some of the (20??) sketches (Jim, TDN, Peterson and Phone):
Jim2_zps28031c4f.png
TDN1_zps87850eca.png
Peterson1_zps187038fd.png
Phone1_zps944321fd.png

Edit: And oops, I guess I DID go anime.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Is doing the HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT THING.

Like why must you be

Worship.

Is anyone here really good with HTML coding? I'd be, like, 80% done with my next update if it weren't for this pesky white space/empty space that keeps showing up no matter how I change my code.

If you don't mind being "spoiled," I'll gladly e-mail you the coding I've written so you can tell me where I've gone wrong.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

If nobody else knows and or helps you, my sister might be able to help you. She has a day job so if you email it to me I'll forward it to her when she's off work, which is at 6PM central time. Also it might be relevant if your using a table in your HTML.

The table is the problem, yeah. The giant empty space keeps appearing above it, and I don't know why.

What's your e-mail?