do Xenomorph's meed to feed?

St1mp0, Undefined, 19 years ago

do Xenomorph's need to feed? if so, then if earth was to fall under a alien invasion, and was over run by these creatures... then if all the would do is kill kill kill. after every living host was killed. what if the Xenomorph's did need to feed what would they do after eveything was eaten? as they show no signs of intelligence I.e stocking food up... or leving some of theyre prey to live in order to keep food availablke, so if earth was over run, wouldnt over time they all starve out?

St1mp0, Undefined, 19 years ago

in the film alien 3! when one of the humans find a dead carcus they also see the alien eating the corpse!
if they do not need to feed, then why did the alien stay with the body, and eat it?

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

befor berth the creatur will eat with in its host making the host feel sick. sometimes they'll eat normal corpes if there's not enuff hive food.

profile.htmlgame over man, game over... o 2 more lives.
im an R.P.G alien
( new pic same great tast )
- fine
super nerds alone to gether, super nerds, nerds for ever

Quinn, Undefined, 19 years ago

brentopia did you make your avatr?

"The B!tch is Back""How long how long will i slide?"
Mysig.bmp.jpg

they hardly eat at all and only if they need to (usualy they dont see food for year)and they can go decades with out food inhibernation. but when they eat they eat the jelly like succreasion (made of corpses) the wall of the hive. and the wast comes out their mouth in the form of resin.

profile.htmlgame over man, game over... o 2 more lives.
im an R.P.G alien
( new pic same great tast )
- fine
super nerds alone to gether, super nerds, nerds for ever

lol yup watch the movies they show everything

LISTEN TO DONUT!!!
shes the only one that is correct!!!
the games, comics and the books does NOT count!!! wake upp people, watch the movies!

join the hive...
its the badest and the best!

I dont think they do need to feed,but maybe when they have woke from hibernation the just need a mars bar I mean meat to eat.

Im the first (prototype) Alien Drone......I didnt come from the queen I was made in a lab by the jockeys,but Im still part of the hive...I just dont go by the orders of the queen.

Usually aliens will go into a COCOON state or HIBERBATION when all food and hosts have been taken and they will wait or only awake until new host or fresh meat arrive.

dronewarrior-copy.jpg ~All Bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen~

Silverchild79, Undefined, 19 years ago

No way, anything that uses that kind of energy would have to eat. Being reptillian they prolly dn't need to eat very often, so they prolly spend allot of time when not fighting stalking very slowing or lying still to conserve energy. And while they kill humans but do not feed off them (or at least don't kill humans to eat) maybe killing them is merely the first part in sustaining themselves... maybe they eat bones after the corpse rotts...

Live by the sword, live a good long time!

stingray00alex, Undefined, 19 years ago

if you play the game, aliens get food/energy from hive nodes. hive nodes get food from the soil, and aliens can absorb food from them. The queen would have to continue to get food from something to continue laying facehugger eggs.

solo_pred, Undefined, 19 years ago

i dont think aliens need to eat they just kill for fun or just to prove them self to the queen. like predators do

(RAV)tracker//tweak

donut, Undefined, 19 years ago

EVERYTHING that is alive needs to eat, maybe they dont eat much but they definitly eat. they get their energy from food just like we do, they just dont need as much.

~Fear not that your life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning~

nicholaskang, Undefined, 19 years ago

the chestburster eats corpses for drones i dunno

st1mp0 are you in clan Balatu because in your profile it says your the elder but i thought K20A2 was. Im in the clan.

Broken Tusk is equiped with 3ft long double edged wristblades(not acid proof). One 12ft long double spear tipped combi-stick(acid proof). One old aged smart disc(acid proof). Net gun with on 20 self driven tightening nets(not acid proof).

SHREDDERRR, Undefined, 17 years ago

duh havent u guys seen A3 it maynot eat the whole body but it still eats

what do you get with a toxin that re-animates dead bodies and a dead xenomorph

....ME!alienglomp.gif

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

*Cracks knuckles* time to bust some chops as only a future Zoology major can...

Aliens HAVE to eat. And, based solely on principles of energy, they have to eat A LOT. Anything that remains that mobile with that many limbs would require a LOT of energy to remain functioning over such an extended period of time.

Just because you see the xenomorph in Alien 3 eating a corpse in one scene does NOT mean that it doesn't eat more.

Xenomorphs are predatory creatures, organisms of instinct, cunning, and stealth. ANY creature which expresses those traits HUNTS FOR FOOD. If they didn't have to eat there would be NO point for the aggressive actions the Xenos displayed in Alien and Alien 3.

They would NOT hunt and kill for the fun of it, they are too smart for that. They are also linked to a hive mind, so a lone xenomorph would never take prisoners to serve as hosts for a non-existant queen.

Every predatory organism known to man eats its prey. Otherwise, there is simply no point.

45324912.jpg

CuteFaceHugger, Undefined, 17 years ago

yes aliens have to eat but not like we do proble a lot like ants and only have to eat like once a year and very little bit at a time

CuteFaceHuggersStalkerSig.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive
RUNNERS ROCK!

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

That too is incorrect, and for the following reasons:

Ants are extremely small and live extremely short life spans. They do not grow much beyond their larval form, and die within a matter of days.

Ants need to eat very little simply because their size and lifespan are so short that they do not require the nutrients for a prolonged period of survival. This is also why they never sleep: once their energy is expended, they die. There is no recharging.

However, xenomorphs are much larger and more complex creatures. The bigger the animal, the more nutrients it requires, plain and simple. Being bigger means more energy must be expended to move and to function, and the energy necessary for such actions scales appropriately with the amount of food required to survive. Having additional limbs, such as a tail, and sharper senses and an advanced nervous system, as xenos do, greatly adds to this toll.

It is also very obvious that xenos are capable of some sort of stasis or hibernation. How long this lasts, however, cannoy be determined. They could do it for months, like mammals, or decades, like Water Bears.

45324912.jpg