avp and alien timeline issue

avp-rookie, Undefined, 11 years ago

New to forum come mainly to talk about the timeline issue with the alien, prometheus,predator,and avp movies I think I made it make sense. Well it's the only conclusion I can come to is kind of long and out there but the only way it seems to make any so plz bare with me. So in prometheus at the very beginning one of the promethean people (that's what I'm calling then because i forgot their name plz correct me) sacrifices himself or commits suicide with what seems to be the same liquid that the Xenos come from.... Any way he falls in the water which seems to start crating life on earth. was this an accident? Since he was being left behind? This is were my story starts to maybe make sense. The prometheans leave earth not knowing what they did but still have coordinates to earth maybe their shop was intercepted by a predator cruiser or the predators were at war warwith the prometheans and discovered the xeno bio weapon, and the coordinates to earth? So predators take xenos to earth and start the hunt (shown to us in avp). The predators lose a couple of hunts with the xenos on earth and decide to just hunt the human race since we are becoming more dangerous and stopped worshipping them. Then comes the first predator movie where the predator is hunting humans. Then the second predator movie comes which I agree didn't need to be made the only relevant part was the trophy room because it shows how long they've been hunting and how many different species they hunt. Then comes avp, maybe the predators got bored hunting just humans and wanted to hunt xenos again so they go to that pyramid fighting ground and start the hunt. Then comes avpr which explains the abomination and our governments discovery of the xeno infestation which they quickly put to rest with a nuke. They also recover a piece of predator technology which probably does advance our technology. I think predators comes next because human technology has yet to be as advanced as the movie prometheus. Maybe the predators decided bringing the xenos to earth was a bad idea so they brought us to a game preserve. Then comes prometheus which is humans first contact with the prometheans and xeno in their bio weapon form. In this movie is when the xenos break free and this planet probably becomes xeno home world. Then come the alien movies because the xenos are free and we have to stop them from getting back to earth. So that's it ours long and kind of confusing but in a way makes sense. So movies go as follows predator, predator 2,avp,avpr,prepredatorsdators, prometheus, then the alien trilogy.

alienxeno, Undefined, 11 years ago

kind of right.

Its the only logical conclusion I can come to. Plus in avpr you see the head of a Promethean in the trophy room so they have had some contact.all they need to do is make a movie about them meeting.

Blizzard, Undefined, 11 years ago

the trophy looks to fossilised for it to be recent
so I always thought it was taken by the predator as a decoration

-Bloo-, Undefined, 11 years ago

That timeline technically makes sense if we're talking strictly the year they took place, but the AVP films and Predator films aren't canon in the Alien timeline.

The trophy might be old looking because there fight or war could've happened along time ago enough time for life to form on earth. I mean the prometheans accidentally create life on earth which evolved into humans. Then the predators came and manipulated man. But between the time the prometheans left earth and the time the predators got to earth is when their "war"would've have to had happened. Which would give some time for that trophy get the aged look in avpr.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 11 years ago

I'm of two minds about timeline issues:

The Alien fan in me says that anything aside from the first 3 movies and Prometheus is horeshit (at least continuity-wise) and should be ignored.

On the other hand, the comic book fan in me is intrigued by the notion of forcing together as many pieces of A/P-related media as possible.

DarkLioness, Undefined, 11 years ago

AVP isn't really cannon so the timeline is moot.

concretehunter, Undefined, 11 years ago

This tickled me in ways I've never been tickled before, And i get tickled often.

But the adult in me likes the kid in me!

Yeah, DD's right for the most part, but I'm a bigger fan of the films than the EU.

I'm just trying to make sense of it and that's the only way I could.I mean why in predator and avp do they hint that they're connected' and why make the avp movies???? To cause mass confusion? What were they thinking? Don't get me wrong I loved the avp movies.

I agree, making sense of the whole thing would make a lot of us feel better, but I look at it this way: the Alien, AVP and Predator films are canon in the AVP universe, which excludes Prometheus. The Predator and Alien films are canon in the Predator universe, which Prometheus may or may not fit into. Only the Alien films are canon in the Alien universe.

That way, every timeline is sort of right as long as you know which iteration of the timeline we're talking about.

Another thing I just beat the avp video game for xbox and that timeline has weyland in the future with advanced technology so it depends on what story your looking at....

That's another thing, the games are in a totally separate thing from the films. Since the AVP comics came first, I guess those are what's considered canon when it comes to AVP in general.

Way to throw constant curve balls at us by not keeping any consistency with the games, movies, or comics. O well I guess we'll have to see what they do with it or if they tie the find together some how.

daveberg, Undefined, 11 years ago

The Predator and AVP films are not connected to the main Alien franchise continuity in any way, shape or form. The films (AVP) were cash cows concocted by 20th Century fox to branch out to a wider range of audience. Both failed critically.

Both Sigourney Weaver and Ridley Scott said they thought the AVP films bastardized the series and future Alien films/possible directors etc pledged to stay away from the non canon source material that AVP used.

Far As I'm concerned, it began with Prometheus and ends with Alien 3. (Alien Resurrection is almost as abominable as the AVP films so I chose to ignore it as best I can.)

Deathdrop, Undefined, 11 years ago

"it began with Prometheus and ends with Alien 3"

Preach, brotha.

On a related note, there are some people who are such hardcore purists that they don't even count Prometheus-It's the first three Alien films and that's it.

I guess they have every right. I mean, we exclude Resurrection all the same.

daveberg, Undefined, 11 years ago

True enough - I guess it's all about picking your poison. I'm sure in some dark, desolate colon like cave there are people who prefer AVP to the main franchise. Now there's a thought....

Blizzard, Undefined, 11 years ago

God dammit I had just manage to erase ressurection from my memory and you have to go and bring it up again . For me I consider alien and predator movies to be in the same universe and completely ignore the existence of the avp movies (seriously reboot and try again and if you fail ....destroy all copies )

@Dave: We actually get a few young members from time to time who seem to love the hell outta AVPR. I... I don't know why.
@Blizzard: Well, I did like the Xenos in Resurrection for being all demony. But the Newborn makes me forget about those 70% of the time.