Hellraiser, Yautja, 11 years ago

Excellant observation

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 11 years ago

Hmmm when you think of it that way, in a sense I guess you could call the Predator the Anti-Hero. Who knows the reyèl answer, right?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

I'm going to have to disagree there. Anti-heroes have some heroic qualities; preds are pretty much entirely villainous.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

@Rogue: The whole rape thing is enforced by creator, after all. The original Xeno was designed to be the physical manifestation of the fear of rape, and its original design (BEFORE it was related to Alien at all) was a whole lot more penisy. If you think its domed head looks like a wang now, it actually had a dick tip on it before, not to mention the way its second jaw looked.

Anyway, yeah, I can believe that Predators made their own tech. They didn't evolve on Earth, so I don't know what their culture's like.

ValkyrieWrath, Yautja, 11 years ago

Well that one Predator in that book saved Machiko! So that's a good thing right? I mean he wasn't so bad, alhough that was just one Predator. But still!

@Bloo

What's with all the rape-y stuff here?

@BloodHarpy

What teh fuck is reyel? Or whatever it was that you said?

WolfThePredator, Yautja, 11 years ago

I don't think it's bullshit it is important but Celtic didn't have honor he is just a muscle head

LadyDeathStriker, Yautja, 11 years ago

@ValkyrieWrath

That was Haitian Creole. Also we've been through the whole "Broken Tusk saved Machiko" part.

@Deathdrop

Hmmmm you're exactly right about the Predators not being Anti-Heroes.

And just to put the nail further in the coffin, Broken Tusk was still perfectly happy to spread xenos around the universe just so he could hunt them. Causing xenos to spread for personal gain is why Weyland-Yutani are the bad guys, so why is that not also true in this case?

Broken Tusk is considered better than the others because we never actually see him kill a human, but does anyone really think he hasn't? These things live hundreds of years and regularly visit Earth. He was a respected hunter, (practically an elder) and we saw him packing away standard hunting tools in the beginning.

Do the math. Whatever way you slice it, "lesser of two evils" is the best possible way to describe them, and even that's being generous.

DarkRogue, Yautja, 11 years ago

Oh and let's also not forget that the Predators eventually tried to kill Machiko on more than one occasion too.

They did it for a reason machiko killed many of her old comrade and betrayed dachende a.k.a broken tusk she deserved it

^ How is her killing predators any morally different from predators killing humans? It's either OK to kill sentient species or it isn't.

Also, saying "she deserved it" is a strange attitude. The preds were royal dicks to her, and planned on milling innocent people for fun.

This is like all the people who claim Adriana from The Sopranos "had it coming" because she talked to the FBI, the argument being "well, she knew the rules when she got in the game."

The problem is that it assumes those rules have any legitimacy whatsoever. They don't.

It's like an eye for an eye thing but life for a life but the humans don't show honor or respect the predators think they r the ultimate species

"It's like an eye for an eye thing but life for a life"

No it's not. Preds kill humans constantly and expect no reprisals.

"but the humans don't show honor or respect"

Honor and respect are nebulous terms at best, and it's ridiculous to say that no human has ever shown honor or respect. Also, it's not surprising that we wouldn't be respectful of a species that murders us for fun.

"the predators think they r the ultimate species"

Right, which makes them shitheads.

Woah sorry sheesh and it depends if it's the hunt and the predators r sorta like us we also hunt like them we have emotions like them we mate and raise kids like them but they have their own beliefs

^ No worries. We're just having a discussion about fictional space monsters here, so don't take it too seriously.

"it depends if it's the hunt"

I don't see how that makes a difference.

"predators r sorta like us we also hunt like them"

Hunting sentient beings for fun is frowned upon in most human societies.

"they have their own beliefs"

I get that, but this statement could just as easily apply to the Nazis, the Taliban, serial killers... 100% of people could believe that the sun rotates around the Earth, but they would still be wrong.

Okay just tolet you know never mention the Nazis or the holocaust I am part Jewish on my mom's side and I'm trying to explain it easily that predators r alien bipedal humanoid creatures they don't know about humans or their culture

ValkyrieWrath, Yautja, 11 years ago

Well Machiko did have it coming because she did betray them!

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

Uhh before for that the Preds cheated Machiko out of the hunt when she sparred with the one Predator she nicknamed Shorty. One of them grabbed her leg and tripped her.

That's what I mean wrath

@wolf: What?! I'm not praising the nazis, I'm explaining why they were shitheads.

@VW: They were going to murder innocent people, and they had treated her like shit since she joined up. If anything, they had it coming.