DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

I think everyone has a good point.

I'm 5'4 and me facing off with a 8 foot tall Predator, even if I was armed pretty well, would still be unfair. That's like making an ant fight a Blue Whale in my opinion.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

And again, EVEN IF IT WAS a fair fight, it's not OK to butcher people for sport.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

I wonder if these Predator clans are the dominant culture, or if they're the "underground" that illegally hunts, the same way poachers kill apes.

It would explain the whole "tribal + technologically superior" thing, but that's probably taking the fan wankery too far.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

I don't think there's necessarily a contradiction there. Barbaric cultures can certainly achieve technological advancement, and highly sophisticated technology can certainly be put to barbaric ends (see: Drone Strikes) so it's not inconceivable that Preds would be both technologically advanced AND operating on basic hunter-gatherer instincts (minus the gatherer).

@Deathdrop

Agreed on the Drone Strike part, that's HARDLY fair. Same goes for butchering people for sport. I've thought about going Wild Boar hunting but that's mainly because I like pork and Wild Boar are a lot better for you than market bought foods. That make's more sense that just shooting a Wild Boar because it's tusks were huge and you wanted said tusks on the wall. Although I probably would keep what ever wasn't chopped up and cooked like the tusks. I could sell them without having killed the Boar for nothing, it would have served a purpose rather than just being killed because I felt like shooting something.

I believe that many peple tend to say "Oh well the Predators will let you live" as a for a pulling for the lesser of two evils. A Xenomorph will kill you just because, or take you to be killed or kill you and eat you. A Predator will kill you because your armed and believe you'd make a great trophy. Using an example, during Deer Season you can shoot a Doe or a Buck but not a Fawn. Same goes for Wolf hunting, you can kill an adult male or a female but you cannot go into a wolf's den and kill the pups. I happen to dislike any type of killing of wolves(or Deer except for food on the part of the Deer), unless it was a case of self-defense and the wolf was trying to kill you for no reason and was possibly rabid. That being said the two that I mentioned point to trophy hunting, however it is often considered poor sport to kill and fawn or a pup. Simply put, killing something that cannot fight back against you(although fangs, claws, hooves and horns can't really stop a bullet either) is considered wrong by many.

Getting back on topic here.

People tend to rooot for the Predators because they aren't quote "as bad as Xenomorphs who kill for no reason". But once again it's not a comfort knowing that you could be killed and your skull and spine taken as a trophy because you were holding a gun or a Bowie knife. Or someone telling me "You're father died last night, a Predator killed him and took his skull and spine. But don't worry your dad was armed with his pistol and a shotgun while his killer was armed with a plasma caster, wrist blades and a smart disc that sliced through his arm and his shotgun."

Uh yeah, that would REALLY make me feel better. Pfft!

So in a sense the Predators are maybe a step better than Xenomorphs, given that they won't kill you if they don't think you're worthy prey. Although if we really want to get into the case of the Super Predators I think just being alive near them isn't in anyway good for you. You're probably better off running head on into a hoard fo Xenos.

FireHunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

It was brought up earlier that Predators actually know what they're doing, whereas Xenomorphs just run on what they're built to do, and they don't know any better. So it's kind of like blaming a bee for collecting nectar because you find it wrong. The Xenomorphs see nothing wrong with it, they aren't empathetic and they don't quite think that way.

Predators on the other hand, kill because they can, they see us as lower forms of life, and hold very little respect for us, unless a human individual kills one of their own, and I can't quite put my finger on that. If it was an honour system, it's senseless, would it not be more honourable to avenge your dead, not reward the killer for exceeding expectations?

Yeah that last part did make sense. Using naother example life if my dad was killed I wouldn't walk up to the person and say "Ok you killed my father. I'm sad and pissed off right now, but he's $1000 for a great fight."

That one doesn't make much sense at all.

One thing that I have to bring up that's been bugging me is someone told me once that Scar only spared Lex because he thought she was hot. What's worse is this same dude said when Scar took his mask off he planned on kissing Lex until the Queen burst out of the ice. Clear they've been reading FanFictions of questionable ratings and it either scarred them for life or corrupted them. I'm going with the latter or that the person had a very messed up mind anyway,

Topdogg, Yautja, 11 years ago

@DD: Yo, i’m all good, long time no see or should i say long time me no pop over. How are things going around here?

ThePredator13, Yautja, 11 years ago

To be truly honest I don't know, so I'll just take a guess. Scar might have spared Lex because after all she did kill a xeno, somthing that even Scars brothers failed to do. Might have earned his respect on the matter. Then again I'm not sure if AVP's cannon or not.

It's not, otherwise Reqiuem would be, too. We already have the Newborn - let's not get carried away.

Oh dear god not the Newborn....

ThePredator13, Yautja, 11 years ago

Now that my friends, is a swing and a miss by the writers.

Rampage, Yautja, 11 years ago

No shit. The Newborn was....well....did we REALLY need that thing? It was about a terrifying as the Predalien in Requiem.

Not to sound like a perv though but didn't the Newborn have tits?

Yeah I noticed that too. Ick.

DarkRogue, Yautja, 11 years ago

The Newborn had breasts?

I didn't notice that.

Dronehive, Yautja, 11 years ago

I wonder if it had a gender?

it was only the final result that sucked; the idea of the Newborn is actually pretty terrifying (but only because its essentially the same idea as the original Xenomorph, which is an unstoppable rape machine). And yes, it had granny tits and a vaginal crease. Google Images is your friend (or enemy in this case).

DarkRogue, Yautja, 11 years ago

^Right about the rape part. Especially the Facehugger, because it's shoving an organ down your throat and it impregnantes you unwillingly(no the sacrifices in AVP don't count). So yeah in technical and legal terms that would be considered rape.

Rampage, Yautja, 11 years ago

Valid point there Rogue.

@Bloo

When I saw the Newborn in all of it's nude(dear god why did I say that)non-glory is was disgusted.

Although I'm, sure some sick freak somewhere thought it was hot.

Moving back on topic here. You have a better chance of not being killed by a Predator than a Xenomorph but one is just as bad as the other to a degree.

LadyDeathStriker, Yautja, 11 years ago

Like everyone else is saying: the Predator is the lesser of the two evils but still the Predators aren't the good guys. More like the Anti-Hero.