Lindelof isn't writing Prometheus 2...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

This is a relief for me. I liked Prometheus, but I thought the script was a bit weak. What do the rest of you think?

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 11 years ago

I would of started the topic with "Good News Everyone...". Its excellent news! Still have to give Ridley major credit for making something amazing out of Prometheus with the glitchly writing done by Lindelof. There are a lot of good writers connected to the alien universe hopefully Fox will get the hint with the next movie.

I'd suggest whoever wrote "Monsters" do the next one. That was a pretty interesting movie.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

Either way, whoever writes it will have a hell of a mess to clean up. I wonder what he'll do with the whole buddy cop thing that happened at the end. 'A woman and her head' jokes might get tiring sooner than later, it's too early to tell.

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

It'd be cool if the guy who wrote alien wrote Prometheus 2.

@PV2: Badass new sig dude

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

I'm already enthusiastic. Dropping Lindelof is a good move. Prometheus was a great film, but far more could have been done with it.

Hellraiser, Yautja, 11 years ago

If only the same had been done with AVPR maybe things would have been different

^Maybe a new director, a new script, different actors...

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

Mabye? MABYE! No They "NEEDED" those things

BUT GETTING BACK TO PROMETHEUS 2...

I actually like the idea of Shaw carrying David's head around. Has a sort of mythological feel to it.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 11 years ago

It just bothers me because it reminds me of the ending to Steve Perry's book: Hunters Planet. Other than that, I really don't have an issue with it.

The only reason I don't like it is because there's so many ways it can go wrong. More likely than not, they'll only give David some lines because he happened to survive the last movie.

I really hope I'm wrong and that they actually derive all of the fear, tension and deeper thinking from the creator-creation relationship that Shaw and David share rather than just treat David like the asshole comedy relief.

Not that I'm against back-and-forth between the hero and a cynical asshole (when it's done well), but I have a feeling they unintentionally set the bar way too high for themselves in setting up what has the potential to be a fantastically surreal psychological thriller set in the Alien universe. Then again, I may be setting my expectations too high.

Gambusia, Yautja, 11 years ago

Considering that my main beef with the film was script related I couldn't be happier to learn this.