Predator or Engineer?

ash, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I stumbled on this little theory browsing. I really like the idea that there may be links with Predators and the Engineers because they do have similarities.

"The Engineers are predators, just 2000 years before the predator we know.

Look at the way the holographic Engineers run through the tunnels; it's the exact same way the predators run.

The Engineer's helmet is elephantine in appearance. It's like the early predator model helmet.

The sign writing in the tunnels and ship are the same as the predator marking on his armour.

I think something went wrong for the Engineers 2000 years earlier, whilst transporting the Aliens to Earth causing their genetics to change their appearance."

One thing I also noticed, when the Engineers head exploded, it's blood was green. (Not luminous) Just an added similarity.

The last sentence I dont fully like, I would go to more terms that genetic mutation made them "Predators". Because the two Alien like creatures are always linked with one another in the films and comics, I wouldn't say it's too hard to believe this might bring a new side and understanding of both creatures?

Maybe the engineers knew about what happened to it's kind and left it there to "die" out. I'm sure with there technology the home planet or "Paradise" knew what was going on with one of there ships.

Maybe thats why the predators hunt humans AND Xeno's. They are linked to what created them?
The Engineers keeping there distance from all there fuck ups.

Any thought?

If Prometheus 2 has anything to say it will say so with a big bang! Answers will be made.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Let me begin by saying I'm against any linking of engineers to predators. Sure it fun to discuss it, but honestly the creatures are just too far apart, in many ways. One that really jumps out is technology.

I understand this is sort of a 'no duh!' statement, but the reason they run the same is the guy who played the engineer also played as a predator. Think about it though, the predators and engineers run a lot like we humans, seeing how we all share the same body design. I.e- two arms, two legs, walking upright. Thing is the early predator model design never made it into the movies, thus making it non cannon which destorys any linking in that respect. As for the markings on the ship, if you compare the prometheus, alien, and predator two ship markings they really don't share a similar theme. Maybe you could pull a few symbols from each that sort of match. It was honestly a big point on Ridley's part to set prometheus far away from any predator/avp themes.

ash, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Yeah I agree, just that there are similar things that I noticed in the Engineers and Predators thats all. The wearing of suits, the language, the height and power, the green blood, the lust to kill humans, the fact they have an order (elder Engineers) Ridley must be a fan to have such close connections.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm pretty open to a lot of things, and this idea is something I could accept. I also think aliens are just evolved humans and UFOs are weird TARDIS's.

I didn't even read the whole thing and I already know its like the Rugrats Theory. Which doesn't mean I'm knocking this - read the Rugrats Theory and you'll know why I support extremely well written fan-wankery. Even better is the theory for Ed, Edd n' Eddy.

That said, this better be goddamn cool as an ass, or my edit won't be very pleasant.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Just on a note about the Engineer's blood being green, you've got to remember that it was dead for 2000 years, so the blood had probably congealed and decayed. Also, Engineers are bigger than Predators at 8 feet tall, whereas Predators tend to be 6-7 feet tall. Predators are reptiles, Engineers are mammals (Well I assume they are, if they share pretty much identical DNA with humans). And as was mentioned already, the nature of the technology is much different.

alienxeno, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

predators are mamals!they are:predators.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ Dude, they have scales. I mean, technically they aren't reptiles or mammals, since as aliens they're completely separate from Earth's evolutionary history, but still: If you had to pick a type of animal they're most like, reptiles is a safe bet.

but....they have no slime or hard lizard skin.
so technically they are mamals.

By that logic, I guess shoe boxes are mammals, too.

You never know, what with their "just do it"-ing and all.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

"so technically they are mamals."

You know what? Fine. Yes, they are mammals. Let's move on.

I just read the entire post and, not than I want to place Predators back into Alien canon, but the fact that Jockey and Predator symbols vary doesn't take away from this 'Predators are Engineers' theory at all. Human handwriting has evolved a shit ton over time, and 2000 years between Predator and Engineer is still a lot. I mean, I can't read Egyptian hieroglyphics, yet they were written by humans. It's the same way chimps can't read the bullshit I'm spewing out right now (well, maybe, I admittedly don't know a whole lot about chimps).

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Alienxeno, do you even know what the definition of a reptile is?
It's something with scales, look at a predator's skin and tell me that it doesn't have scales.

anyway.

i dont think that they are predators.

but if they are that explains the reason they say in predator last of his clan that they made the aliens.

osirus, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I dont think preditor are the engineers! Mabe the preds are a mutation of the goo another creatin of the engineers? Non the less engineers would whop the peditors

I dont think preditor are the engineers! Mabe the preds are a mutation of the goo another creatin of the engineers? Non the less engineers would whop the peditors

no....way....

predators would kill them!

Dude! Tho the predator have stealth and weaponry! The engineers have shown that they have strength for superior than the preds! And IM sure if they can create the xenomorphs they probably have better weapons as well!

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Actually the Engineers' blood was kinda dark in color. Does anyone remember the one that the Protomorph aka the Deacon burst out of? He/she/it had dark colored blood.

-MY dad can beat up your dad! He's a Jamaican Deer Hunter!

-Bitch, my dad gave birth to me, AND he's a nudist!

I've concluded the recent argument earlier in this page. You'll notice there is no winner and no other comments beyond that. Let's keep it that way.

I made a comment

Engineers beat aliens and preds! Alien are insects that can be stepped on! Preds are dumb natives that can be bought off with shinny trinkets! Engineers are run shit! Case closed!