Prometheus theories

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

What are you guys theories on these questions

Who are the Engineers?
Where do they come from?
What is their purpose?

alienxeno, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

the engineers are worthless beings that did not make us.those big fat liers
where they come from?who cares!a shitty planet called:LVshittyashell!(lv shitty as hell)
their purpose:to watch tv,get fat,eat a koala,and die!i have to say that i will not change species to engineer anymore since i know their origins.also they say they made us!rott in hell!GOD WILL PERSONALLY SENT YOU THERE!god created us lieing bi****.now f*** off engineers.you know who i a........

sorry his gentleman time is over......

gamefreak33797, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Woah dude, calm down, it is just a sci-fi universe. But my personal theroies are that they are from a far off planet that aliens had somehow infested and made it their homeplanet.

ThePredator13, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

in the movie they made xeno's to kill humans but their own creation turned on them

they maybe the maker of xenos but not the maker of mankind.may god send them personally to hell!
on the board of their homeplanet:welcome to lv shittyashell.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ Could you please stop talking about the fictional race of space gods as if they were real? Thanks.

We're not talking about how humans came about in the real world, we're talking about how they came about within the fictional Alien universe. In said fictional universe, Engineers are (directly or indirectly) responsible for the creation of humans.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

The fact that they left it so open to interpretation is both lazy and brilliant. Lazy because, if anything, this movie left us even more confused and it's just a cheap way for them to say "that's why it's brilliant," and brilliant because this reinforces the notion that we aren't supposed to know everything. There might be an explanation behind everything, but we can't find the words - now or ever.

I was pretty impressed with Khannea Suntzu's (I hope I spelled that right) idea that the Engineers we see in the movie are uplifted primates (basically early humans or near-humans cybernetically and genetically modified into a more advanced form), and not necessarily the ones behind it all.

Which makes you wonder what made them, and what they made them for.

and who cares?oh...of course....you do.....

hey ax calm down, i'm serious don't get into somthing you can't take back

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

A you're going to get banned, whats wrong man just in a pissy mood?

"and who cares?oh...of course....you do....."

You don't get to use that argument after declaring a fatwa on fictional characters. More to the point, though: If you don't want to talk about the topic, stop posting in it.

EDIT: Everyone relax, nobody's getting banned.

Waralien, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

What I'm more interested is how they came to loose control of the Xeno's. For a race that's technologically advanced in terms of biotics, they sure dropped the ball for their "death machines". I understand that being superior doesn't necessarily make one's race invincible.

^ That did seem to be a spectacularly stupid place to store the deadly bioweapon.

For sheer spectacle, we should get to see what happens when that stuff actually gets into the ecosystem.

I guess they got to cocky, i mean if i was all powerful i would try to walk like i'm best

To be fair, even gods pull stupid shit that's suspiciously within human capability. Humans were obviously made with the Engineers' image in mind - they created us, but that doesn't exempt them from making human-like mistakes.

If anything, the fact that they have so much power just means they're more likely to make bigger mistakes, like the loss of control over the Xenomorphs/black liquid. They look like a reserved, disciplined bunch, but if they really were, none of the Alien movies would have happened - which is a lot like humans, actually. Indirectly tracking back to gods, think about the way the Roman Republic turned into the Empire. So much power was gained that it became unmanageable and they became their own downfall.

Waralien, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I think what I Sci-fi Professor said is valid in this regard. "If a species can obtain the means for space travel, they also possess the ability to destroy their world ten times over."

ENGINEER, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

All I saw in this was that alienxxeno is a diehard catholic/christian and I rule. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

For all we know, the loss of control over their bio-weapon is just a major blip (but a blip nonetheless) in ancient history, like how dinosaurs used to be hot shit and what not.

@ENGINEER: Please don't flamebait.

Also, please don't inject me with black goo that will cause the next person I have sex with to give birth to a hideous squid monster that then rape your face and cause a two-jawed alien abomination to burst out of your chest thus signaling the doom of mankind.

clam voice:if it comes to prometheus you must know how i will react.so expect a scream.or even me frustrating.
it doesnt matter what their purpose is!why does every body think:oh i wonder what the engineers do?
i hope that the alien franchise will just stay the same.....without engineers......i mean really....
tell me....did prometheus even remember you of aliens?i mean classic aliens.did it remind you of that good old time you had when watching the classic aliens?i want a true answer please.....

engineer:don't freaking piss me off!i will never join the catholic!i am a jew!my mother said the catholic made her cry because it looked evil!now don't think:i am not trying to piss you off man.calm down.no!i saw from your freaking words that you are trying to piss me off!your such a......okay lets stop this.