Story Writer

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

are you a good story wrighter

i am.......

if you are a good rpg player and your stay on story you are probably a good story wrighter.

PS:i am gonna check your rpg s

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

I swear to God I'm not trying to be a dick here, but...

I have no idea what you're asking.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

He's obviously requesting writing tips obviously!

Pro tip: What you need to be able to do is to write something for others, not yourself. You know what your point is, but imagine you're writing for someone who doesn't know what the hell you're talking about. That way, you'll be as detailed and precise in your instructions as possible so as to not get the above reaction from your readers. It's always a sad day when everyone and our mothers don't understand our genius, and it's our responsibility to speak in words everyone can understand.

Showing us how NOT to to write is always the best way to show us how to, and I commend you both for staging such a hypothetical - yet very real - situation. Think of all of us actually posting like this - could you imagine? Ha ha ha!

(Seriously, buddy, slight-condescension aside, there is some truth to the advice above.)

ragnarok521, Yautja, 11 years ago

What you need is creativity ...
Im good writer but I havent make any RPG yet ...
But I dont understand

SPELLING MATTERS.

GRAMMAR MATTERS.

^ I can't emphasize these two enough. Other people have to be able to read and understand what you write. I know this is basically what Bloo said, but it bears repeating.

Also: Show, don't tell. Don't tell me the alien popped out of his chest. Show me what that looks like. Explain how that feels. What are the person's last thoughts? What are the Alien's first thoughts? What does it sound like? What does it smell like? This is key.

ragnarok521, Yautja, 11 years ago

And offcors those two

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

That's an excellent point, DD. Good structure wouldn't hurt, either. If there's one thing we shouldn't abuse, it's the goddamn comma and apostrophe. Likewise, let's not forget about spaces and line breaks, people. I think anyone curious enough to improve your general writing form should take a look at Iseijin's RPG guide. A lot of it has been ruined because of the weird symbols shoving themselves in between every word, but I think you'll be able to get the gist of it.

If you want to see her in action instead, go back to one of the past RPGs and note that her posts always just show you rather than just straight up tell you. Another thing: write what you need to write. And then when you're done, delete about 15% of it.

LIke we always preach, you don't have to be Neil Gaiman or Jane Austen or something. Just have good structure, write with acceptable pace/flow, and for the love of god, dnt post liek dis.

I AM NOT ASKING FOR TIPS!

geez i am just asking if you guys are good in rpging just asking jezus christ.

look that i am making an alien story does not mean i am asking tips.oke?

sorry for being rude.

With all due respect, none of that was clear from your original post.